Author Topic: Obama Admin Won't Rule Out Middle Class Tax Hikes  (Read 403 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
Obama Admin Won't Rule Out Middle Class Tax Hikes
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:52:26 AM »
MannyGoldstein  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 11:20 AM
Original message
Obama Admin Won't Rule Out Middle Class Tax Hikes

Edited on Sat Aug-29-09 11:22 AM by MannyGoldstein
From the Washington Post:
Tax Pledge Is a Target As Deficits, Debt Grow
Obama Advisers Will Not Rule Out Broad-Based Hike

During last year's campaign, President Obama vowed to enact a bold agenda without raising taxes for the middle class, a pledge budget experts viewed with skepticism. Since then, a severe recession, massive deficits and a national debt that is swelling toward a 50-year high have only made his promise harder to keep.

The Obama administration has insisted that the pledge will stand. But the president's top economic advisers have refused to rule out broad-based tax increases to close the yawning gap between federal revenue and government spending and are warning of tough choices ahead.

Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner and White House economic adviser Lawrence H. Summers have both delicately sidestepped the tax question on Sunday talk shows. Orszag has also refused to discuss what steps Obama might take to reduce the deficit in the budget blueprint he will present to Congress in February. But budget analysts say he has few real options.

=============================================

Hey, here's an idea Mr. President: raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans to 50% like they were under Eisenhower, not 17% like they are today. Or might that inconvenience a banker, eh?

Goldman Sachs got the dollars, and we got the change.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8616152

Well Obama has promised that he won't. We can trust him just like we will be able to more than likely be able to keep our current health plans.

stray cat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 11:22 AM
Response to Original message
1. If we want benefits from the government why should we get a pass on contributions

Let taxes be fair - but if we want health care and other benefits the sacrifice/investment must include us all.

I have to admit that reply took me by surprise.

Cali_Democrat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 11:38 AM
Response to Reply #18
21. Same here

Read the article twice and yet I see nothing but speculation.

Obama never said he will raise taxes on the middle class.

Poor little goon taking Obama's word.  :lmao:

midnight  Donating Member  (1000+ posts)  Journal  Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 12:15 PM
29. President Obama was shown golfing yesterday with a bald   Updated at 2:23 PM

tan man. I was not sure about the name of this individual, but I was thinking he was an individual who was being brought to task for this banking mess. Anyone know about connections between those who are responsible for creating this run on the tax payers and golfing with the president?

People have no health care and troops are dying overseas but, Obama can find time to play golf.  :whatever:

I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Re: Obama Admin Won't Rule Out Middle Class Tax Hikes
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 10:59:30 AM »
stray cat  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sat Aug-29-09 11:22 AM
1. If we want benefits from the government why should we get a pass on contributions

Let taxes be fair - but if we want health care and other benefits the sacrifice/investment must include us all.

ALERT! ALERT! FREEPER TROLL!!!111![/DU mode]

How do ya think this DUmmy would feel about the Fairtax?

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
A DUmmies idea of "fair" is reaching into the pockets of hard working Americans and taking all that they can. After all, what's ours is theirs :whatever:

As for closing that yawning gap between revenue and spending? How about STOPPING THE SPENDING AND BAILOUTS!!!!!!!!  :hammer: :censored:
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 11:05:22 AM »
A DUmmies idea of "fair" is reaching into the pockets of hard working Americans and taking all that they can. After all, what's ours is theirs :whatever:

As for closing that yawning gap between revenue and spending? How about STOPPING THE SPENDING AND BAILOUTS!!!!!!!!  :hammer: :censored:

Liberal rule number 1 more govt spending fixes everything.
Rule 2 blame the repukes.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »
Attn primitives:  Time to go to your files of lies and start pulling out the pre-made excuses to explain why Dear Leader is raising taxes on the middle class and poor, or why it's just the media claiming he did but he really didn't, or whatever new talking points the DNC will provide for you to use, because he will raise taxes, that's not even up for discussion.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.