Author Topic: Pedro Picasso has done nothing  (Read 623 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso has done nothing
« on: August 28, 2009, 04:59:44 AM »
http://upload.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6401567

Oh my.

First up, the skidmarked underwear primitive, the older middle-aged farmwife in eastern Iowa, who's always glum because life didn't work out the way she demanded it should:

Skidmore  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 08:08 AM
Original message

The Scarborough country club set does not understand why the Kennedy's have been so well remembered in books and film and the Bush family hasn't. After all the Kennedy's did not achieve as many office titles as the Bush family? They don't get that the Kennedys came from the working class, never forgot it, and lived their lives pretty much in the open and did not try to screw the nation over.

Oh, I dunno.

I Have A Dream  (1000+ posts)      Thu Aug-27-09 08:10 AM
Response to Original message

1. Yes, the Kennedys believe in service to one's country...rather than taking from it everything that they can get for their own advantage.

Now, that's funny.

Pryderi  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 08:53 AM
Response to Reply #1

17. Govt:: Kennedys=Public Service, Bushes=Private Gain

Now, that's very funny.

ejpoeta  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 08:10 AM

2. it's not how much money you have or your titles and accolades....it's what you do in your life to make the lives of others better. the bush clan did help the lives of others.... their rich cronies. the kennedy's have worked to make the lives of the rest of us better. THAT'S the difference.

Now, that's rolling-on-the-floor funny.

orpupilofnature57 (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 08:16 AM

3. The Kennedy's are Desirable people ,the bush's are Misanthropes.

The first we crave, the latter were shoved down our throats and Sneaked up our ass.

Now, that's rib-cracking funny.

Pedro Picasso:

Atman  (1000+ posts)        Thu Aug-27-09 08:16 AM

4. The Bushes have done NOTHING philanthropically-speaking.

The Bushes are leeches. There are no "scholars" in the Bush family. No one of prominence for anything other than their wealth. The Bushes "make money" for a living, period. They don't help people, they don't care about anyone other than themselves. It is very difficult for Republicans to understand the difference between the Kennedys and Bushes for that simple reason...Republicans don't understand why, when you already 'got yours,' you'd still bother to help a person you wouldn't even allow to work in the kitchen at your country club.

No comment, other than, who's the scholars in the Kennedy dynasty?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Pedro Picasso has done nothing
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:32:51 AM »
The Kennedy men as an entire family have made using,demeaning and degrading women for personal satisfaction a lifes mission.

Facts are facts DUmbasses.

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:31:08 AM »
No comment, other than, who's the scholars in the Kennedy dynasty?

Well John Jr ran a magazine must mean he can write so he's a scholar.  :-)
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:22:43 AM »
Quote from:
Atman

They don't help people, they don't care about anyone other than themselves.

Pedro never ceases to amaze me with his stupidity.  If he doesn't realize that sentence he said perfectly describes the whole Kennedy clan and their lust for money and the power it brings them, and that the things they did were so others would heap praise upon them for building monuments to themselves, then there's nothing that can help the boy.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »
They don't get that the Kennedys came from the working class

:wtf2:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 08:51:59 AM »
Seems like there were a whole lot more people working under that "Bush Clan" than there are today. What is it, 4.6% vs. almost 10% unemployment?
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline jtyangel

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 09:33:55 AM »
Why would they want the Bushs' tending at all given their talks of all their immoral dealings...why, look at this old thread :whatever:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=104x2875457

From what I've read of either of the families, if we judge how they came into wealth some nearly 100 years ago, we probably would be horrified, but that was a different time where different rules applied and different ways for doing business reigned. I can't indict the initial Kennedy wealth anymore then I could indict anyone else who obtained wealth in a different time under different standards. Not wise to judge history based on the eyes of the present in business dealings since acceptable practices change. That said, the Kennedys then spent the many years after teaching their male offspring how to skirt the law and play with the lines of decency. Their penchant for illegal and irresponsible behavior seems to permeate the men in the family which tells me this is a problem with the very core of their values and their women are what the dummies claim to hate: a bunch of rich girls with the outward semblance of piety turning a blind eye so long as their nests continue to be feathered.

The Bushs on the other hand prove to have the same issues a normal family might, but their issues don't seem to permeate the character of every male family member which tells me they are isolated incidents because of immaturity or some other reason we all end up meeting along the way as we go through stupid phases in our lives. And the women, by comparison don't seem to have to turn a blind all to moral misdeeds as the men don't seem inclined to commit them, particularly when they are grown men with responsibilities.

What I see looking at both families is one whose very values seem to be rotten to the core. Where one standard of behavior is expected for their women and one for their men. The other family, by contrast, are not angels by any stretch, but their core values are solid and the people in the family reflect that. Most of the women in it are not debutantes or heiresses and have solid family values that don't revolve around appearances.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2009, 09:45:05 AM »
They don't get that the Kennedys came from the working class

If you equate bootleggers with moonshiners, then yes, the Kennedys came from the working class....   :mental:
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.