Author Topic: How do minorities and people of color get tax refunds?  (Read 433 times)

Offline DLR Pyro

How do minorities and people of color get tax refunds?
« on: April 09, 2021, 05:11:14 PM »
I just completed my 2020 taxes via Turbo Tax and chose the free E-file option for my federal taxes.  One of the things I had to submit was info from a valid driver's license or state ID to prove I am who I am before tehy would accept my return. 

So if I am to believe what the left says about minorities and P.O.C. and government issued ID's, I have to ask, how do they get their tax refunds?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline thundley4

Re: How do minorities and people of color get tax refunds?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 05:48:53 PM »
They do like illegal immigrants and use identity theft?  :-)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: How do minorities and people of color get tax refunds?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 06:48:29 PM »
I just completed my 2020 taxes via Turbo Tax and chose the free E-file option for my federal taxes.  One of the things I had to submit was info from a valid driver's license or state ID to prove I am who I am before tehy would accept my return. 

So if I am to believe what the left says about minorities and P.O.C. and government issued ID's, I have to ask, how do they get their tax refunds?

Those who have no argument with the voter ID requirement (and there are many) have no problem with the IRS asking for ID confirmation. Having had my own identity stolen a few years back (the sumbitches filed my income tax for me; little did they know I had to PAY that year), I don't begrudge a few extra steps to take to confirm that I am who I say I am.

Those who DO have an argument with the voter ID requirement (relatively few), who's to say they actually file an income tax return anyway?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.