Interests > Christian Fellowship

Diary from Bible College

(1/39) > >>

ColonelCarrots:
Well I started school a couple weeks ago and already I've learned a lot. I have a class on the four gospels, Torah, soul winning, English, History of Civilizations, Personal Finances. On Thursdays we have Chapel and Practicum. Practicum is practical teaching, hands on type stuff, baptizing, doing a funeral, hospital visits, things like that.

Today was my second day of real Practicum, and it was baptizing. Luckily I brought a change of clothes because I help clean at the college so I didn't have to do it in my suit. The water was colder than a lib's heart. The hardest part of it was getting into the water past your knees. It was a great big barrel of fun watching some of the guys react to the cold water. The best was when one other student had to baptize someone who was 6'5, the baptizer stood at maybe 5'3.

As for me I failed the first two times. First time I didn't submerge the person I was working with. Second time I forgot to say the blessing. Third time was the charm. I think it was the cold water that made me seize.

So I've learned the blessing as well. "Everyone this is John Doe, John do you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?" He'll say yes. "By your profession of faith I baptize you, my brother, in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Ghost. Buried in the likeness of his death." you submerge them for a quick second. "Raised in the newness of his resurrection."

JohnnyReb:
I'm methodist...just give them a wet head....we don't waste water.... :-)

ColonelCarrots:
My bible college is very small about 15 of us altogether. 11 live on campus, but some of them don't get to eat dinner every night. So Friday nights my mom brings dinner for the ones that live there. They love it, they're very grateful for it, and they're excited for it. Today they had some Spanish food and it was a lot of fun.

I then told her that she is like Jesus. She takes care of 12 people, feeds the multitude, and serves with a good spirit.

ColonelCarrots:
If you had any doubt I was Sgt Snuggle's son this will clear it up now.

Today we were talking about kids and how some wanted to either adopt or how they would raise them. Well I said I would want to marry a woman who was older and had a son my age. That way I could have someone to play video games with. Everyone was like "Why would you do that? why not just make friends with the guy?". Well immediately I asked a guy who was sitting with us "Hey, is your mom single?" and we all had a good laugh.

Well today in my class on the Torah we learned about Lot and Sodom. How his heart was there before he was. How he took in the worldly pleasures before spiritual needs. Because of it he lost everything. His wife loved it to the point that as they were leaving she looked back one last time and died. His daughters tricked him and got him drunk and had an incest relationship with him. Some pretty gruesome stuff.

SSG Snuggle Bunny:
You know...

...I was going to PM you and suggest you post some of the topics from your studies in this forum.

And here you are.

Do they teach pyschic mind-reading at the Baptist college of yours?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version