Author Topic: Rash?  (Read 5806 times)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
Rash?
« on: August 13, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
My husband just noticed I have white splotches all over my arms. Kind of like how you can get if you have been in the sun except I haven't been in the sun. They are small and very faint. Aren't raised, don't itch and have very small, the size of a pinpoint red spot in the middle. He didn't see the red spot, I did when I looked really close.

Has anyone had anything like this?  Could it be related to a sinus infection?  I have googled it and a few of the things I found don't look like what I have.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Rash?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 11:49:00 PM »

Rash?
No, completely rational.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 09:21:14 PM »
I have been hearing a lot about bed bugs how old is your matress?
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »
I have been hearing a lot about bed bugs how old is your matress?

LOL it's not bed bugs.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 04:46:24 AM »
It's possible that both the sinus thing and the rash are related.

Both could be related to an allergic reaction.

I've had both of those things happen at once after a spider bite.

Treated it with polaramine tablets.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »
Ok, I think I found my rash, which I still have. It's called Bier Spots.

Here is a picture of someone with it. I only have a few spots but it's kind of freaking me out.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 01:58:06 PM »
I think we need a pic of you, just like the one above, just to be sure.

:innocent:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:01:17 PM by Wineslob »
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 05:13:40 PM »
I think we need a pic of you, just like the one above, just to be sure.

:innocent:

I second the request.  :-)

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »
I second the request.  :-)

Forget bed bugs!  This place is riddled with pervs!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

And, I wouldn't have it any other way.   :-)
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
Bier's spots are asymptomatic and permanent white macules, standing on a cyanotic background. These spots are associated with venous stasis and usually appear in physiological conditions. We report the case of a 47-year-old woman with a 2-year history of systemic scleroderma, who developed Bier's white spots associated with a vascular and renal crisis. Interestingly, these spots appeared with the crisis, and disappeared with the treatment and resolution of the crisis. They are probably a result of anatomical and functional damage to the small vessels of the skin. The pathophysiology in the skin is probably the same as that which happens in renal vessels during scleroderma renal crisis.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1365-2230.2006.02298.x/abstract

I also read that they have also been associated with some sort of aorta problem.

and: Bier spots constitute a distinct pattern of vascular mottling composed of small, irregular maculae, often triggered by external compression of the limb.1 The spots are caused by a vasoconstriction in microvessels caused by a lack of oxygen2-3 and are therefore regarded as a nonphysiologic phenomenon precipitated by vascular occlusion. Herein we describe a macular vascular pattern of the skin resembling Bier spots that may develop spontaneously during mild venous stasis.

From 1995 to 1999 we identified 8 patients (5 women, 3 men; aged 19-35 years) with spontaneous Bier spots among the patients referred to our department. In 3 patients the spots were the primary object of concern; the other patients inquired about the origin of the spots during consultations pertaining to other skin problems. In 1 patient the spots appeared during pregnancy. The patients had no other complaints suggesting vascular disease.

http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/extract/136/5/674-a
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:16:50 PM by Thor »
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:42:49 PM »
In my research most hives or rashes come from an over toxic liver do to an allergic reaction or a high acidic level. Most can be over come by raising the PH or take in chlorophyll tablets which will detoxify the body, for about 3 months. Other things you could do is apple cider vinegar liquid or capsules,Nettles, Quercetin,or Essica with Cat's claw liquid will detoxify and can be used as a anti-inflammatory. There is also a remedy by Hylands called Hives that you put under the tongue and dissolve. Be for some go see the doctor.Good luck!
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 11:20:42 PM »
In my research most hives or rashes come from an over toxic liver do to an allergic reaction or a high acidic level. Most can be over come by raising the PH or take in chlorophyll tablets which will detoxify the body, for about 3 months. Other things you could do is apple cider vinegar liquid or capsules,Nettles, Quercetin,or Essica with Cat's claw liquid will detoxify and can be used as a anti-inflammatory. There is also a remedy by Hylands called Hives that you put under the tongue and dissolve. Be for some go see the doctor.Good luck!

Interesting topic, I had just one dime size white spot on my arm for 30 years. 

I have not seen this spot in 2 years when I was prescribed Atonal for heart flutters. 

I have this down home recipe for anything that ails yeah.

Get your self a mason jar with the rubber ring.  Place one cup of apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup of pure honey--un pasteurised-- and mix well.

Each night before going to bed take 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture.   Refrigeration is not necessary.  Naturally when flu season comes about up the mixture to a tablespoon or more.

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
BEG,

My wife gets those on and off.  Usually hers happen during the wintertime, and during periods of prolonged stress.   

Offline Taxman

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
BEG, judging from the pic...you have the anatomy of a man  :-)

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2010, 04:23:36 PM »
BEG,

My wife gets those on and off.  Usually hers happen during the wintertime, and during periods of prolonged stress.   

Thanks BH.  I don't have them right now but I had them for several weeks and I was going through a lot of anxiety at the time. I forgot to mention them to the doctor today when I saw him.