Author Topic: primitives flap their arms at each other over lost MA gubernatorial race  (Read 667 times)

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251384497

Skins Island is really starting to get monotonous, what will all the backstabbing, wearing of sack cloth, and other depressing threads.  If you're into that sort of thing, the madem primitive gets all flustered by another primitive in this one:

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:35 PM
EEO (779 posts)

Martha Coakley is a loser. She couldn't sell water to a person who was on fire.

She lost Teddy Kennedy's seat to Scott Brown in 2010 and yesterday she lost to a Republican in the race for Governor of ****ing Massachusetts. She is a joke.

Martha Coakley Loses Another Major Race In Massachusetts

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:40 PM
sharp_stick (11,231 posts)
1. The fact that they ran her again was amazing

Profoundly stupid, epically moronic but amazing none the less. She went over like a lead balloon in the Senate race, totally tonedeaf and a horrible campaigner.

It's like the Connecticut GOP figuring that Linda McMahon just needed one more shot to prove to people that she wasn't an idiot or that Tom Foley could beat Dan Malloy the second time around because surely he's not stupid enough to run his campaign the same way a second time.

The people of Massachusetts are going to be paying for this moronic move for the next four years.

Oh, I don't know.  I can think of at least one mailman who is probably feeling pretty relieved about the results.

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:42 PM
savalez (2,781 posts)
2. She's our Scott Brown.

No, actually, she's not, because she actually lost to Scott Brown.  That makes her worse than Scott Brown. 

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 09:59 AM
MADem (105,801 posts)
18. What an offensive comment. She is not. What a shitty thing to say.

Plainly, you know nothing of her platform if you would say such an uninformed thing.

What was her platform, other than stumbling and bumbling? 

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBF0pg4Gh3A[/youtube]

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 10:54 AM
savalez (2,781 posts)
23. You're right, Scott Brown actually won once.

Boom!    :lol: :rofl:

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 11:01 AM
MADem (105,801 posts)
24. You're dancing awfully close to the fire.

How do you think she became attorney general? By magic?

She was elected and re-elected to the position. If you had any grasp of this subject you would not have said what you said--you'd have know that.

Keep flying your flag, there. Give everyone a good view.

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 11:18 AM
savalez (2,781 posts)
26. You are obviously a big fan.

That's evident by the amount of posts you have in this thread. But the fact is she lost again. How do you explain that?

Keep flying your flag, there. Give everyone a good view.

Oh get over yourself.

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 11:35 AM
MADem (105,801 posts)
29. If you bothered to READ my posts in this thread that you've gone to such pains to count, apparently,

...you'd have a very precise and thorough answer to that question you asked.

I think you're the one that, to quote you, needs to "get over yourself."

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 11:52 AM
savalez (2,781 posts)
31. Here's a simple question for you.

Do you think it would be a smart move for Democrats to run Coakley in a state wide election again?

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 12:32 PM
MADem (105,801 posts)
32. Maybe. It would depend upon the climate.

It would also depend upon the funding stream.

If we had enjoyed "Citizens United-style" money to splash out showy campaign events, and purchase relentless media buys like Phoney Boo Hoo did, she would have won, even with the historical sexism that imbues MA political campaigns.

But it's not up to "Democrats." It's up to her. I think right now, anyway, her heart's not in it. To come so close had to be very painful. It's also up to the voters of Massachusetts. She did compete--and WIN--a three way primary. It wasn't "the Democrats" who "ran" her. It was the voters who CHOSE her. That's a point that many in this thread seem to be missing because it suits some oddball narrative they've cadged from the GOP.

To anyone thinking that this contest was a rout, or even decisive, let's make one thing entirely clear: PHoney Boo Hoo does not have a mandate. Had Mister "We'll Show 'Em" Third Party not been in the mix, we'd be awaiting the inauguration of Governor Coakley.

People who think that there are no second acts, in life or politics, are often very young or naive. Ask Mike Dukakis. He'll tell ya!

I thought that only happened in the racist south?

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:43 PM
Star Member mahina (5,932 posts)
3. I live in a very small city and could find several better candidates without leaving this zip code.

What were the factors in play? Were there better candidates who were discouraged from running in the primary, and if so, by whom?

Honestly Mass has so many smart people, I can't understand why she won the primary. Mass people, anybody?

The primitive has a point.  A basset hound, a shoe, or even a flyswatter with a (D) after its name would have clinched the governor's mansion in MA, but not Chokely. 

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 09:57 AM
MADem (105,801 posts)
17. She's smart, she is decent, she gives a shit, and she is a fine human being.

All of this demonization is straight out of GOP central.

Amazed at how many people are repeating it. Disgusted, too. A lie can travel around the world before the truth has tied its shoes.

Let me put it this way--if she were such a "loser asshole" why did Ed Markey, Liz Warren and Deval Patrick go to so many lengths to campaign with and for her? Why were they there standing right beside her when she gave her concession speech? No one would have faulted them if they stayed away, but they got off their asses and went to stand beside her.

Frankly, I'll follow the judgment of my governor and senators before I put any credence into the parroted words of the GOP smear machine repeated, innocently and unknowingly, perhaps, on a Democratic message board.

This post is brought to you by the word "platitude". 

Thu Nov 6, 2014, 10:53 AM
MADem (105,801 posts)
22. All I can tell you is Consider the Source. Who was showing you that "dud" picture?

The major media outlets are all snuggled in the arms of the GOP. They're cozied up to the Citizens United crowd, because they know who butters their bread. After all, Citizens United takes all that money they aggregate, and they give it to the major networks hand over fist to air their hate ads.

One hand washes the other, both hands wash the face. The media takes their cues from the people shoveling all that money at them.

The rich get richer and we get screwed over.

Confucius also say "Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day". 

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:46 PM
MADem (105,801 posts)
4. Smallest margin of victory for Phony Boo Hoo Baker since the sixties.

With THREE other candidates--one of whom ran "Let's show the PTB" ads on TV--on the ballot.

Loser? No. Massachusetts is a sexist state. They shit on women candidates and judge them ten times more harshly than they do men. Look at the dozens of MA women who have served in Congress down the years...oh wait. You can count them on the fingers of ONE HAND.

Everyone KNOWS this--it's not a surprise. It's why we've never had a woman elected governor, and it's why it took a FORTUNE in out-of-state money and national DNC backing to get Warren her seat. And she damn near lost--she would have, had Brown not gone all "native American RACIST" on her, and performed so shittily in the debates.

Leave Martha alone.

Damn, hearing that shit HERE is a bit surprising. She's not "the joke."

Wed Nov 5, 2014, 04:33 PM
sketchy (198 posts)
10. I agree -- LEAVE MARTHA ALONE

To the OP and other people piling on Coakley: Stop all the personal insults.
It seems to me they're flying thick and fast on this site, and it makes me sick.

She came very close to winning the state, and that's not nothing.

Err,  uhm, well ok, if you insist:

And on and on it goes. 

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives flap their arms at each other over lost MA gubernatorial race
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 05:40:43 AM »
Loser? No. Massachusetts is a sexist state. They shit on women

Now now,you can`t judge the whole state based on the Kennedy compound.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »
Now now,you can`t judge the whole state based on the Kennedy compound.

^^^yeah, that.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 06:51:15 AM »

Oh, I don't know.  I can think of at least one mailman who is probably feeling pretty relieved about the results.

Indeed..   :-)

Quote from: MADem (105,801 posts) Thu Nov 6, 2014, 12:32 PM

If we had enjoyed "Citizens United-style" money to splash out showy campaign events, and purchase relentless media buys like Phoney Boo Hoo did, she would have won, even with the historical sexism that imbues MA political campaigns.

Oh please... As your friendly, neighborhood mailman - one who delivers in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts - I can tell you *FIRST HAND* that pro Coakley mailers outnumbered Baker's *AT LEAST* ten to one. Virtually every unionized job sent at least one gigantic postcard endorsing Coakley. Many of them sent multiple mailers describing their vision of doom if Baker wins. 

TBH, I don't remember even seeing a Baker mailer, though I am certain there had to be at least one run of them, possibly on my day off. So primitive, you can shut up about that crap right the hell now.   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »
even with the historical sexism that imbues MA political campaigns.
You can tell they really miss Ted.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 11:41:02 AM »
Wed Nov 5, 2014, 12:35 PM
EEO (779 posts)

Martha Coakley is a loser. She couldn't sell water to a person who was on fire.

Maybe enough Massholes have finally moved to NH and VT to give normal people a chance in Massachusetts. 

Nah...it's still a blue shithole.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 12:46:05 PM »
Not mentioned in the media was the large group that gathered in front of the Copley singing

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye and God bless America".  It was fun right up to the point where the crowd grew too large and started to spill into the street when the police started to disperse them.  Ask me how I know!  :-)

Coakely did not show up to her own party to give a speech anyway.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Dori

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 01:59:16 PM »
Maybe enough Massholes have finally moved to NH and VT to give normal people a chance in Massachusetts. 

Nah...it's still a blue shithole.

Well, they did lose Pitt.  That should be a slight improvement.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »
The DUmmies are at their most amusing when they start senseless slinging poo at each other, like the enraged primates they are.

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2014, 11:52:15 AM »
This was the race that surprised me the most, I think. 

Take your "Citizens United" tantrum and shove it, DUmmies.  Your side outraised us in money and you know it.  $30K a plate fundraisers for moonbats, celebrities, and socialites add up.  Normal people didn't have a lot of extra cash lying around to give, all we had was our vote.   

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2014, 01:31:59 PM »
Take your "Citizens United" tantrum and shove it, DUmmies.  Your side outraised us in money and you know it.  $30K a plate fundraisers for moonbats, celebrities, and socialites add up.  Normal people didn't have a lot of extra cash lying around to give, all we had was our vote.

Americans spent more on pet grooming than all the 2014 elections combined.

We spent twice as much on Halloween as on all 2014 elections combined.

Citizens United is peanuts.