Author Topic: Obama's And Boston's Lesson: Jihad works  (Read 44292 times)

Offline Firekrakka

Obama's And Boston's Lesson: Jihad works
« on: April 20, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »
Wasn't sure where to post this so feel free to move this.

The stupid, it burns.

The wrong answer to terrorism is what we're doing right now.  

What our government is teaching prospective terrorists is that all they have to do is manage to get two jackasses who are willing to die to commit mass-murder, even if they kind of suck at it (let's face it, when they blew up those bombs in Boston they did commit their intended deed but an hour earlier and 10x as many people would be dead or missing legs.)

Then they pop a cop trying to rip off a convenience store and toss (non-working; they didn't explode) bombs out the window while trying to elude the cops.

The payoff for doing this is that an entire city shuts down to literal empty sidewalks and train service is halted along a hundred-mile+ stretch.

Even worse now the authorities are allegedly preventing residents who were away from their homes from returning there!  You are now being forcibly dispossessed of your residence!  Yeah, it's temporary, but so what -- that's my damned house, not yours!  Get the hell out of my way!

Need I remind people that the entire point of terrorism is to terrorize?  To create economic havoc in a given area through violence, and by doing so advance some social or political goal?

What sort of lesson is the jackass in the Oval Office along with those crap-for-brains idiots in Massachusetts sending to our enemies around the world?  

Two *******s shut down a city of 7 million people who then cower in fear in their homes.

Screw that and screw them.

What should be the response is that every American who lives in that area should go about their business while openly carrying a pistol, rifle or both.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=219949

Getting older is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Obama's And Boston's Lesson: Jihad works
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 06:50:27 AM »
 :cheersmate:

H5 for posting this.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:12:59 AM »
The stupid, it burns.

It certainly does.  How embarrassing for you.

The wrong answer to terrorism is what we're doing right now.  

If you mean refusal to profile then yes.   If you mean what Boston did? uh, no.
What our government is teaching prospective terrorists is that all they have to do is manage to get two jackasses who are willing to die to commit mass-murder, even if they kind of suck at it (let's face it, when they blew up those bombs in Boston they did commit their intended deed but an hour earlier and 10x as many people would be dead or missing legs.)

Well halfwit, they weren't willing to die.  They never expected to be caught.  They had more bombs and were planning more attacks.  They also went to the race when security was at it's most lax - an hour earlier there were still too many dignataries there.  

Then they pop a cop trying to rip off a convenience store and toss (non-working; they didn't explode) bombs out the window while trying to elude the cops.

Yeah about that, no.   They were at a convenience store to buy food when it was being robbed.  The bombs that were tossed worked (ask the cops who were injured).

The payoff for doing this is that an entire city shuts down to literal empty sidewalks and train service is halted along a hundred-mile+ stretch.

About that - the payoff of dropping IEDs and another pressure cooker bomb out the window is what shut down the city.   That and one suspect on the loose with an undetermined amount of explosives and/or suicide belt.   But by all means, go about your business Boston.  Just pay no attention to the crap on the roads, especially to the folks on bikes.  
Even worse now the authorities are allegedly preventing residents who were away from their homes from returning there!  You are now being forcibly dispossessed of your residence!  Yeah, it's temporary, but so what -- that's my damned house, not yours!  Get the hell out of my way!

Oooh, bad ass here.   Please refer to the stupid and how it burns.

Need I remind people that the entire point of terrorism is to terrorize?  To create economic havoc in a given area through violence, and by doing so advance some social or political goal?

The City was shut down for ONE DAY.   The suspect was caught.  The city was sweeped for IEDs and they were removed.  Back to business as usual, except you see a state united, with a steely resolve.   Your way?  the suspect is still out there, people continue to live in fear.  The IEDs? meh, maybe they don't go off right?

What sort of lesson is the jackass in the Oval Office along with those crap-for-brains idiots in Massachusetts sending to our enemies around the world?  

Stay the **** out of Boston.   :afro:

Two *******s shut down a city of 7 million people who then cower in fear in their homes.

No one was cowering in fear.  Everyone was cooperating so law enforcement could catch the POS.  Perhaps you missed the celebration after?

Screw that and screw them.

Tough guys of the internet - should be a sitcom.

What should be the response is that every American who lives in that area should go about their business while openly carrying a pistol, rifle or both.

Shoot that IED!!!  Yeah, that's the ticket.    :whatever:

Offline CG6468

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 08:44:42 AM »
By saying "you" I assume you're addressing the writer of the quote and not the poster.
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 09:31:05 AM »
I hope so. Pretty sad when someone can't differentiate between the two.  :lmao:

Growing up is optional

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 09:36:22 AM »
I hope so. Pretty sad when someone can't differentiate between the two.  :lmao:

Yes it is.  I think it is pretty clear that my post was directed to the moronic blog you brought over here.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 06:46:56 PM »
Yes it is.  I think it is pretty clear that my post was directed to the moronic blog you brought over here.

Well, moronic blog or not, this part I'm in full accord with:

What we should be doing is slinging weapons and going about our business, willing and able to discharge our duty as citizens toward both common and personal defense.

The part about slinging weapons is optional. But two punk terrorists that successfully paralyze a city to the extent they did have succeeded. I can well imagine more jihadists with more backpacks at more public outings doing the same stuff.

Just think about how much paralysis an entire cell of terrorists could cause! In NYC! Or even D.C.!  The mind boggles!  :lmao:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline J P Sousa

• We Built Our Business - IN SPITE OF GOVERNMENT
  • I love the smell of gun powder in the morning
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 08:00:30 PM »
In my mind, this bombing reinforces our need for a robust and solid second amendment without any further restrictions. 

Gun grabbers can fend for themselves.
John Wayne: "America Why I Love Her"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5ZGz7h0epU

Get Over It! We Are Not All Created Equal ~Capt Katie Petronio

Obama Wiretapped The Trump Tower...FACT

The reason there are so many stupid people is because it's illegal to kill them.
~John Wayne

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 08:15:05 PM »
Well, moronic blog or not, this part I'm in full accord with:

The part about slinging weapons is optional. But two punk terrorists that successfully paralyze a city to the extent they did have succeeded. I can well imagine more jihadists with more backpacks at more public outings doing the same stuff.

Just think about how much paralysis an entire cell of terrorists could cause! In NYC! Or even D.C.!  The mind boggles!  :lmao:

They dropped IEDs in multiple cities.  They had to sweep for them (while they conducted search), which was reason for lockdown in a handful of towns.  They also had no idea if he was wearing suicide belt or what he had still on him for bombs.   

Your gun isn't any match to his grenade.   NYC would have done same thing.

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:46 PM »
They dropped IEDs in multiple cities.  They had to sweep for them (while they conducted search), which was reason for lockdown in a handful of towns.  They also had no idea if he was wearing suicide belt or what he had still on him for bombs.   

Probably, but that is nothing to be proud of.

Your governor just showed potential terrorists that they can bring a Massachusetts city to a standstill.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 08:55:19 PM »

Your governor just showed potential terrorists that they can bring a Massachusetts city to a standstill.

You litter any city in the United States with bombs, it's going to be shut down.

That's not rocket science.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 08:57:51 PM »
I want to point out the lockdown lasted 22 hours.  One dead, the other captured.

They won when the bombs went off at the marathon.  Boston ended it however on their terms - not the terrorists.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 09:08:40 PM »
This idea of "jihadists stay out of Boston" just won't fly. If I'm a terrorist, then cities like Boston and SF are still my primary targets. These groups understand the same thing about liberals that we do, and that is the residents there will bend over backwards to be "tolerant," even after this.

Look, these residents voted for Ted Kennedy for years. That automatically tells me they're just not very bright and can easily be taken advantage of. A little more planning and thought by these two brothers and they would have never been caught. If there are sleeper cells, they won't make these same mistakes, and they'll do it knowing they can hide out in the open in liberal cities like Boston.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:14:08 PM by USA4ME »
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 09:19:13 PM »
This idea of "jihadists stay out of Boston" just won't fly. If I'm a terrorist, then cities like Boston and SF are still my primary targets. These groups understand the same thing about liberals that we do, and that is the residents there will bend over backwards to be "tolerant," even after this.

Look, these residents voted for Ted Kennedy for years. That automatically tells me they're just not very bright and can easily be taken advantage of. A little more planning and thought by these two brothers and they would have never been caught. If there are sleeper cells, they won't make these same mistakes, and they'll do it knowing they can hide out in the open in liberal cities like Boston.

Uh never been caught?  Do you know how they were identified? Better planning wouldn't have prevented that.

They pick urban cities because of diversity, but what is amusing is you think your state is somehow immune.

That's complacency.   Lots of things have to be changed to better equip this country to sufficiently stop this from happening.   That has very little to do with Boston.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 09:47:28 PM »
I do believe better planning would permit terrorists to get away with these acts. To believe otherwise would be to believe it's impossible not to carry out a terrorist attack and get away with it, and that's just not true.

Do I believe a Boston or a SF are more likely to be targeted over large cities that are traditionally more conservative? Yes, I do and for all the reasons I mentioned. It'd be nice to think that, after this incident, the residents of Boston would grow up and become conservative, but I just don't see it happening. I'll watch their elections and see if they've learned anything. More than likely the liberal mindset of those who live in these LW cities will remain the same, and it will cost them more lives.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »

Bingo. And that's the point, FL. The jihadists have won.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not a badass and I don't act like one. It's not like I'm swaggering from Boston to Watertown and back, armed with my little arsenal looking for the bastards.

I haven't heard the actual language from the Mass. authorities to lock the city/area down, but if it wasn't couched in the form of a REQUEST rather than an ORDER, they can go **** themselves.

Bombs or not, we're talking about two PUNKS. They've got bombs, they've got weapons, they've got grenades. They are still TWO PUNKS.

It's shameful for a politician to actually stand there and shut a city down because of two punks.

If they can shut a city down for 22 hours with two punks and their "amateurish terrorism" (so sayeth an imam on muzzie TV), just imagine what they can do with a couple cells of al Qaeda! Golly gee, Batman!  :whatever:

Offline Dori

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 12:17:58 AM »
Boston bombers: FBI hunting 12-strong terrorist “sleeper cell” linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/boston-bombers-fbi-hunting-12-strong-1844844#.UXM54Yqm6hA.twitter#ixzz2RAOOqEdX

More than 1,000 FBI operatives were last night working to track down the cell and arrested a man and two women 60 miles from Boston in the hours before Dzhokhar’s dramatic capture after a bloody shootout on Friday.

A source close to the investigation said: “We have no doubt the brothers were not acting alone. The devices used to detonate the two bombs were highly sophisticated and not the kind of thing people learn from Google.
“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 05:12:16 AM »
Well, don't get me wrong. I'm not a badass and I don't act like one. It's not like I'm swaggering from Boston to Watertown and back, armed with my little arsenal looking for the bastards.

I haven't heard the actual language from the Mass. authorities to lock the city/area down, but if it wasn't couched in the form of a REQUEST rather than an ORDER, they can go **** themselves.

Bombs or not, we're talking about two PUNKS. They've got bombs, they've got weapons, they've got grenades. They are still TWO PUNKS.

It's shameful for a politician to actually stand there and shut a city down because of two punks.

If they can shut a city down for 22 hours with two punks and their "amateurish terrorism" (so sayeth an imam on muzzie TV), just imagine what they can do with a couple cells of al Qaeda! Golly gee, Batman!  :whatever:

It was a shelter in place.  It was asked of the residents, who complied.   It did not happen until these two PUNKS put IEDs on the road throughout many areas.   

It would be the height of total incompetence for any police commissioner/governor to not do the same when there are bombs littering the streets of a city/town.   The dead suspect had a suicide belt on - so the PUNK was a wee bit more than your garden variety PUNK.  ;)

Sleeper cells means they are living among us; are our co-workers and neighbors.    They can inflict a hell of a lot of damage, and yeah if they have a lot of bombs they are going to shut down a city.    It is really that simple and gosh gee oops, I guess the governor of MA revealed that little secret!   Our bad.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2013, 05:14:36 AM »
Bingo. And that's the point, FL. The jihadists have won.

They won when the bombs went off at the marathon.   They won when they made the bombs.   They won when the FBI dropped the ball on the older brother and wrote him off as a non-threat.

WTF are you obsessing over a manhunt that lasted all of 22 hours for?  Oh I know, because it's Boston.   Got it.  :whatever:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2013, 05:16:47 AM »
I do believe better planning would permit terrorists to get away with these acts.

Really, how?

To believe otherwise would be to believe it's impossible not to carry out a terrorist attack and get away with it, and that's just not true.

Like this one, at the Boston Marathon?  ok - how?

Do I believe a Boston or a SF are more likely to be targeted over large cities that are traditionally more conservative? Yes, I do and for all the reasons I mentioned. It'd be nice to think that, after this incident, the residents of Boston would grow up and become conservative, but I just don't see it happening. I'll watch their elections and see if they've learned anything. More than likely the liberal mindset of those who live in these LW cities will remain the same, and it will cost them more lives.

That just makes no sense at all whatsoever.   You think you are immune because you live in a conservative area?    That just defies logic on every level.   

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2013, 07:22:48 AM »
I want to point out the lockdown lasted 22 hours.  One dead, the other captured.

They won when the bombs went off at the marathon.  Boston ended it however on their terms - not the terrorists.

That's right. For 22 hours, 4.6 million people over 4,600 square miles hid in their homes, because of one man.

Businesses and schools were closed. Transportation was stopped. Untold millions of dollars were lost in commerce.

Since a purpose of terrorism is to instill terror in a population, they certainly did 'win' when they set off the first bombs. They won again when your governor told you to hide in your homes. Your children learned that your response to threats will be to hide, and hope the government saves you from the bad people. You allowed yourself to be ruled by fear. In most of the United States, that is not considered a conservative philosophy.

And "Boston" did not end it on the city's terms. The first brother was killed, which was likely his intent, in Watertown (not Boston). He ended it on his terms. The younger brother was able to elude the manhunt, and was located by a Watertown citizen (not a Bostonian). He walked out and surrendered, as this  photograph shows, so he also ended it on his terms.

Not much there to beat your chest about.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2013, 07:45:43 AM »
Really, how?
Like this one, at the Boston Marathon?  ok - how?

I know better than to never say never. You are aware there have been terrorists attacks where the perps haven't been caught.  If it can happen around the world, it can happen in the USA, too.

Quote from:
That just makes no sense at all whatsoever.   You think you are immune because you live in a conservative area?    That just defies logic on every level.

Not immune, but less likely, sure I believe that. It just goes with the LW mindset that they want to be seen as tolerant and they go out of their way to be overly tolerant towards those they view as being especially subject to discrimination.  Com'n, you've watched them act that way as much as the rest of us have.  That attitude lends itself to terrorists being able to do things and residents being unwilling to suspect because it wouldn't be PC.

So where are the areas that are more likely to be so tolerant as to overlook suspicious behavior?  I'd have to say the big cities along the Eastern seaboard (Philly, NYC, Boston primarily), and on the West coast probably LA, SF, and Seattle. There's your LW hotbeds right there.  Akhmed the Arab is certainly going to get fewer funny looks about who he is and what he's up to in Seattle than he would in Dallas/Ft.Worth.

Look, this is a suspicion I have based upon how liberals behave.  I'm not seeing other people jumping on the bandwagon telling me I'm wrong because I suspect most others here understand what I'm saying and agree to one degree or another.  I mean, look at the left now.  It's becoming more and more evident these two were influenced by radical Islam, and these libs are still trying to tie it to the RW, and the gun culture, and everything else but what it is.  Now when it's staring them straight in the face and they're still denying it, why would I believe they're going to go to any new measures to be more observant of potential radical muslims living around them?

I think part of this is because it's Boston and you tend to defend Boston and Massachusetts. That's fine, you live there so you have a connection most of us here don't.  But you also don't have the prespective we have as outsiders looking in, either.  You're in a very liberal area, and they just don't change their spots.

Offline Firekrakka

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »
That's right. For 22 hours, 4.6 million people over 4,600 square miles hid in their homes, because of one man.

Businesses and schools were closed. Transportation was stopped. Untold millions of dollars were lost in commerce.

Since a purpose of terrorism is to instill terror in a population, they certainly did 'win' when they set off the first bombs. They won again when your governor told you to hide in your homes. Your children learned that your response to threats will be to hide, and hope the government saves you from the bad people. You allowed yourself to be ruled by fear. In most of the United States, that is not considered a conservative philosophy.

And "Boston" did not end it on the city's terms. The first brother was killed, which was likely his intent, in Watertown (not Boston). He ended it on his terms. The younger brother was able to elude the manhunt, and was located by a Watertown citizen (not a Bostonian). He walked out and surrendered, as this  photograph shows, so he also ended it on his terms.

Not much there to beat your chest about.

Hi5

Growing up is optional

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:37 AM »
FL, the one mistake you basically made was the "no profiling" bit.

Sorry, but given the track record, profiling is EXACTLY what the police should be doing.  Just sayin.

And right now, the Boston police chief looks like a dolt.  As do Patrick and Menino.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford