Author Topic: Boehner to Bush-Bashing Beatle: Apologize!?  (Read 783 times)

Offline Zeus

Boehner to Bush-Bashing Beatle: Apologize!?
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »
Boehner To Bush-Bashing Beatle: Apologize?

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcLEfMhTkHs[/youtube]

Sir Paul McCartney's cheap shot aimed at former President George W. Bush at a White House event on Wednesday has prompted House Minority Leader John Boehner to demand an apology from the Beatle.

McCartney literally gushed over President Obama throughout his East Room concert.  “Getting this prize would just be good enough, but getting it from this president…” McCartney said letting his praise trail off as if there were vast volumes left unsaid.

The prize McCartney was given is the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, a lifetime achievement award bestowed by the Library of Congress. 

McCartney ended the evening taking a baseless cheap shot at former President George W. Bush.

“After the last eight years, it’s great to have a President who knows what a library is,” McCartney quipped. 

When did decorum go out of style?

“Like millions of other Americans, I have always had a good impression of Paul McCartney and thought of him as a classy guy, but I was surprised and disappointed by the lack of grace and respect he displayed at the White House,” Boehner told HUMAN EVENTS.  “I hope he'll apologize to the American people for his conduct which demeaned him, the White House and President Obama.”

McCartney is the third recipient of the Gershwin Prize. Hailing from England and having earned no university degrees of his own, the Beatle may not know W. was the first American president to earn a master’s degree in business administration. (The fact the MBA is from Harvard really irks the left.) Not to mention Bush is married to a librarian.
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: Boehner to Bush-Bashing Beatle: Apologize!?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »
Screw that pompous shit, at least Bush was a President who could find something BESIDES a library.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 02:21:19 PM »
I happened to see that the other day. It really showed me how shallow Paul McCartney is. :suckup: I wish these so-called artists would keep the hell out of politics. For one, they're all pretty much idiots. Two, most of them have drug or alcohol problems. And Three, they really piss some people off with their retarded comments and actions. Finally, the need to just worry about their favorite charities and promote those, not their political beliefs. I lost a lot of respect for "Sir Paul". He definitely hasn't honored the Knight's Code.
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 03:05:05 PM »
I saw it too.

I am so sick of the constant bashing from non-Americans.

If you don't like the US....don't bother coming here. Believe me, we can cope without your presence.  :censored:
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 03:10:17 PM »
Doesn't Paul McCartney have another ex-Beatle to extort? GTFO, you hoser. :bird:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:22:15 AM »
He needs to give up all the frikkin' millions we Americans have put into his pockets since the sixties! "W" had more class in his little finger than the current "apologizer in chief"!

I knew the guy was a hard core lefty since the "Ballad of John and Yoko"! Spending time with a Guru put them off my list. What a bunch a shit!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!