Author Topic: Finally came in  (Read 2179 times)

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Finally came in
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:34:52 PM »
After almost 4 weeks my brand new glasses finally arrived.

My old ones finally broke about 18 months ago and I made due with magnifying glasses from the drug store all these months.

I should be jumping for joy but I had forgotten all about how long it took me to get use to my old 2X progressive lens.

I paid big bucks for these darn things 3X progressive, no line, trifocals with anti glare built in for night driving.

Like an idiot I tried to walk about the mall for 30 minutes or so, I fell over my feet, ran into walls and plate glass windows.

There was a huge mirrored wall at one point that I stopped at and looked at a complete stranger dressed just like me.  For the first time in 18 months I could see clearly what I looked like.        Gross, strange,-- I could see I was in desperate need for a hair cut, the scars on my face where the Doctor chopped me up for cancer were really standing out, my skin from being out of the sun so long looked pasty white and with no make up, good grief.

Worse was entering my house and seeing all the cobwebs and marks on the wall light switches.  Geeze, my worse nightmare is to be blind but being able to see too well  now comes in second.

About these Progressive lens, there is no side sight and I am sure to get a sore neck from learning to automatically adjust my head for all three progressions.

The absolutely most disappointing thing for me however is that the glasses are just like the ones Sara Polin wears and by golly I don't look even the tinyest bit like her. BWWWWWWWWWW

Offline Inga

• Be Ready
Re: Finally came in
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 12:51:12 PM »
There's nothing a good pair of glasses when you've done without for so long.Here's looking at you  :cheersmate:
There will always be "Battles" to fight.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:55:15 PM »
Hang in there.  Takes a while for the brain to adjust to what the eyes are seeing.  Congratulations on your new specs!
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:42:36 PM »
It will get better in a few days, as you know. In the meantime, be careful and don't hurt yourself, particularly going up and down stairs.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.