Author Topic: primitives being Anglophobes  (Read 950 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives being Anglophobes
« on: September 17, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6573734

Oh my.

The stench of stupidity is stronger than the odor of rancid butter at this bonfire.

WillieW  (1000+ posts)     Thu Sep-17-09 06:05 PM
Original message

What past crimes committed by England? 

Besides colonizing the US and killing American Indians?

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:06 PM
Response to Original message

1. Research their history. They colonized a lot of places, including their neighbor Ireland.

No comment.

Ozymanithrax  (322 posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:10 PM
Response to Reply #1

5. If England had not colonized the Americas...

What would we be today.

Everybody has comitted crimes if you go back far enough. God is said, in the bible, to have ordered the Hebrew to destory cities, including murdering women, children, and even salting the earth. Should we accuse God of warcrimes, and in what court would try the diety.

GreenPartyVoter  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:15 PM
Response to Reply #5

8. Yes, it's been common practice for a very long time by most cultures to try to overtake other countries. And yes, the Bible has recorded that the Jews of that time thought God told them to slaughter people.

What was the point of this thread exactly?

franksolich's question exactly, because it's a pretty stupid bonfire.

charlie  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:22 PM
Response to Reply #5

14. Uh, yeah

The peevish, thin-skinned OT deity is certainly guilty of war crimes, if you attribute the atrocities to his command. Whether he can taken in custody for trial is immaterial, we produce in absentia judgments all the time.

tama (1000+ posts)     Thu Sep-17-09 06:26 PM
Response to Reply #5

17. In Haag

JHWH represented by the Governement of Israel. The crimes mentioned in Bible too old, so just for the crimes that JHWH has ordered and is ordering Hebrew to do in recent history.

charlie  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:32 PM
Response to Reply #17

19. I'm not sure I'm making correct sense of this

Are you saying the actions of the government of Israel are expressions of the will of JHWH?

tama (1000+ posts)     Thu Sep-17-09 06:38 PM
Response to Reply #19

24. Just having fun

My God ordered me to have weird sense of humor. So sentence me.

charlie  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:58 PM
Response to Reply #24

30. Not interested

Just wanted to understand, so thanks for that. I'll leave sentencing to you God types.

winyanstaz  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 07:59 PM
Response to Reply #1

32. They have never gotten out of Ireland...

No comment.

virgogal (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:07 PM

2. You have got to be kidding!

WillieW  (1000+ posts)     Thu Sep-17-09 06:18 PM
Response to Reply #2

9. No, I am not

There is an argument going on another board. They say that Hitler was the worst and I say as deplorable as Hitler was, Britain is responsible for starting wars and trying to take over countries by killing and forcing slaves to America and treating them inhumane, etc.

truedelphi  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:19 PM
Response to Reply #9

13. Anyone living in the African areas affected by the Boer wars, 1898 to 1903

Could probably answer this (If they were still alive.) The natives were chained to each other and forced to serve as a front line, so the British soldiers could use them as body cover.

Then there is all the barbarity of what occurred in India. And the barbarity of what occurred in Ireland.

And we are so un-educated about most of this. I grew up in a very Irish area of Chicago, Yet the nuns still force fed us with the notion that had the Irish just been smart enough to plant more than one crop - ie potatoes, then they would not have been so affected by the potato blight that led to their famine.

but the real horror of what happened to the Irish is that the Brits taxed the Irish to the point that all their lovely dairy products, and their cattle and their horses were seized, unless you were in the aristocratic class.

Sort of like what is going on right now where we have our homes foreclosed, no jobs, and tremendous penalties for "obligations" that we are forced to try and keep up with economically, while those who did this to us are receiving bonuses! Don't forget - Geithner yelled at a Congresswoman when she asked questions about his policies, and he said to her "Your government doesn't have the means"

Our Federal Reserve is more connected with the banking interests of England than Powers that be ever let on.

No comment.

treestar  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:07 PM

3. where is Enland?

In Eurpe?

Statistical  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:10 PM

4. Read some history. Even wikipedia works in this instance.

Ever heard the expression the sun never sets on the British empire well at one time it was true.

British colonies extended as far as Africa, Afghanistan, Iraq, and India. Part of the history of violence in the modern world is many parts of the world is due to British drawing lines that looked nice on a map and calling that a country.

Iraq for example never would have emerged a nation is the British didn't make them one. Sunni, Shia, Kurds all pushed together into one country. No more likely without British intervention Iraq never would have existed. Kurds would be part of turkey or some larger Kurdistan nation, the Sunni and Shia portions of the country would have been part of a larger Saudia Arabia and Iran.

Where they didn't redraw maps they deprived a populace of self rule for hundreds of years, and then packed up their toys and went home. In places like the African colonies the bloodshed and violence that followed as a result of this abrupt power vacuum will take hundreds of years to overcome.

No comment.

TxRider (714 posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:13 PM
Response to Reply #4

7. To be fair we helped with that one...

YOY  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:12 PM

6. It's called "Empirialism"...they invented the modern form.

And it has many sins...not to be owned by any one nation.

pscot  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:18 PM

10. Bastards burned the Capitol

Da noive!

proteus_lives  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:19 PM

11. They kicked the hell out of India and Africa.

Their crimes are documented in those regions.

The mountain man primitive who, like all men, nightly pitches his tent one day's march closer to the mausoleum:

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:19 PM

12. Do you know what the English did to prisioners during the Revolution or the war of 1812?

Prior to the sanitization that took place sometime around WW-I the English were much hated across this country.

mr blur  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:24 PM
Response to Reply #12

15. Well, congratulations, now you know what it's like to be hated internationally.

How's it going with your empire? Having fun spreading Freedom, are you?

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:35 PM
Response to Reply #15

21. Bud, you lost me on that one.

However it would be very difficult to compare much of anything we've done to the prision-ships the English used to hold prisioners of war during the Revolution.

Zix (103 posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:53 PM
Response to Reply #21

27. I assume this is a joke?

Libertas1776  (962 posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:40 PM
Response to Reply #12

25. Most of the American deaths in the Revolution did not take place in the battlefields, but rather on prison ships (basically, floating concentration camps) in New York Harbor, where tens of thousands of prisoners of war were left to wither away and die. Epidemics of various illnesses and infection also played a huge part.

But, I think we are all giving too much "credit" to the Brits. Let's not forget all the "wonderful" (cough) things the French, the Belgians, the Germans, the Italians, the Japanese, and the Americans have done for the world.

YOY  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:42 PM
Response to Reply #25

26. You forgot the Russians, the Arabs, the Chinese, the Aztecs, and frankly every large empire.

and social grouping.

chaplainM (617 posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:25 PM

16. Boy George.

LanternWaste (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:31 PM

18. A country's entire history v. one man?

Your putting the entire history of a post-Imperialist country against one individual (England vs. Hitler)?

Wouldn't it be both more valid and more relevant to choose one person v. one person, or one country v. one country, or one culture v. one culture...?

tama (1000+ posts)     Thu Sep-17-09 06:32 PM

20. Loads

Ireland.

Iraq.

Blair.

Banksters of City of London.

No comment.

NNadir  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:36 PM

22. Ireland, India, Malaysia and Africa, including but hardly limited to, the Boers

No comment.

damntexdem  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:38 PM

23. Ireland, India, much of Africa, much of China, much of slave trade. 

Opium Wars in China: Brits fought to prevent Chinese from stamping out opium use, because opium trade was lucrative to the Brits.

Earlier, Scotland.

Much earlier, participated in Crusades.

And besides, they drive on the wrong side of the street!

No comment.

mitchum  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 06:56 PM

28. That nation of shopkeepers did much to **** up the world

winyanstaz  (1000+ posts)      Thu Sep-17-09 07:07 PM

31. Being also part French Arcadian....

I can say this. England invaded north America and Arcadia, destroyed the villages, captured the citizens, stole the crops and animals, separated families, murdered many...dumped some off in the south of france, some off in england and some sailed away never to be seen again. The people dumped off were dumped off with absolutely nothing to survive on or with.

Others sailed down along the coast of America and many jumped ship in the south, especially around Louisiana and ran away into the swamps and that is where your cajuns of today come from.

The families were devastated. Nursing babies were torn out of mother's arms. Many whole families were wiped out and many people died. Their farms and homes were stolen and some razed to the ground and the land given to English settlers.

England has never said they were sorry either.

Man, I just now realized what a big boatload of primitive shit I dragged over here, but as I went through all the time and trouble of copying-and-pasting, I'll just have to post it.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: primitives being Anglophobes
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 07:41:42 PM »
The sun never sweats.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Token

• Probationary (Probie)
  • Commie Bastid!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 08:35:42 PM »
One would have to bash every culture on Earth if the idea is to point to past crimes and atrocities. Before the Europeans got here to wipe out the natives, the natives fought amongst themselves, trying to wipe out rival tribes. It goes back to the dawn of history, when caveman A tried to wipe out cavemen B. Conflict is inherent to the human condition.
-Token FORMER DUmmie, DUmp Monkey, primitive, etc (now tombstoned by Der Gestapo). Still a commie, though.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:01:17 PM »
Simple thing to evaluate.

Look at where England was and there are democracies.  Look where spain and france went and there are totalitarian shitholes.

THAT IS ALL.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 10:30:22 PM »
YOY  (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 06:12 PM

6. It's called "Empirialism"...they invented the modern form.

And it has many sins...not to be owned by any one nation.

Wow, and all this time I've been calling it "imperialism." But who am I to question The Smartest People On Earthâ„¢?
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »
What a pointless waste of outrage.  They must have a lot of it to spare, since they aren't allowed to use it on their own President.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline IassaFTots

• In WTF-istan, I am considered a
  • Oh well, I wasn't using my civil liberties anyway.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:48 AM »
Oh my stinkin heck.  I can't believe I just read that. I think I lost a perfectly good brain cell up there.   :banghead:
R.I.P. LC and Crockspot.  Miss you guys.

The infinite is possible at zombocom.  www.zombo.com

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." ~ Martin Luther King

“Political Correctness is about turning a blind eye to painful reality because your comfortable feelings are more important to you than saving lives and providing quality of life to people who work their ass off to be productive and are a benefit to this great American Dream"  ~Ted Nugent

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:39 AM »
What a pointless waste of outrage.  They must have a lot of it to spare, since they aren't allowed to use it on their own President.

Yeah, what's usually called "misdirected anger," when someone's angry about something, but rather than addressing it directly, one vents his frustrations on an unrelated or irrelevant thing (or person) instead.

The Bostonian Drunkard did that a lot, during the last presidential administration.

Every time he beat on George Bush, he was having problems with the paternal ancestor--and yes, the Bostonian Drunkard has problems with the old man.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Chump

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 12:17:22 PM »
One would have to bash every culture on Earth if the idea is to point to past crimes and atrocities. Before the Europeans got here to wipe out the natives, the natives fought amongst themselves, trying to wipe out rival tribes. It goes back to the dawn of history, when caveman A tried to wipe out cavemen B. Conflict is inherent to the human condition.

Agreed.  It's just easier to point fingers at those who "come out on top."  But you're entirely correct.  Polynesians, for example, were warring amongst themselves for centuries before the "white man" ever showed up.

Let me also take the opportunity to welcome you, as a newbie myself.  I have to say, as an aside, it seems from your posts here that you're actually getting a chance to "let your hair down," so to speak, and finally say what's on your mind.  That must be a nice feeling.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.   ~Robert A. Heinlein

...let the cannibal who snarls that the freedom of man's mind was needed to create an industrial civilization, but is not needed to maintain it, be given an arrowhead and bearskin, not a university chair of economics.
~Atlas Shrugged, Galt's speech

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 12:40:31 PM »
Well at least England stopped stoning women to death or setting them on fire for showing an ankle.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 03:07:07 PM »
Well at least England stopped stoning women to death or setting them on fire for showing an ankle.

Yeah.  Like about 600 B.C., which isn't exactly only yesterday.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 05:30:33 PM »

Cindie

Now wait a minute. Granted, our president's fellow muslims do in fact still stone women to death, but
only the ones who offend their religious sensibilities.

The vast majority of their womenfolk are suitably pious. In the case of those women, our president's fellow
muslims just chop off some of their private parts.