Author Topic: harried primitive bashes bobbling primitive, squawking primitive  (Read 616 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
harried primitive bashes bobbling primitive, squawking primitive
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:55:31 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=230x4547

Oh my.

The bonfire starts off innocently enough.

Arcana (30 posts)      Sun Aug-23-09 12:20 AM
Original message

Wow, how vile conservatives can be with words

I'm mostly a lurker here, but...

You might be wondering why I even bother to try to debate or even reason with such vile people. I do this for practicing, and for testing the waters, to see what I am up against. But even then sometimes I can't handle the ignorance and sadism of these people.

So in a topic about the homeless, there is this woman in her 20s and has children and eats much of the trash conservatives spew.

I don't know if it's appropriate to quote her directly, but she places blame on the poor and homeless on their fault, and has managed to type a somewhat lengthy post using inspirational language copied from a self-help book about some people she knows who have risen out of poverty all by themselves and abuse and "if I can do it, so can everyone else" and that people need to know their own power and to work hard and prepare for tough times and then some shit about the American Dream, and then references to the movie "Pursuit of Happiness".

And I can only laugh at the naiveness of it. It's true some people can do this, but it's just not reality for millions of others.

I should also ask if this is common right-wing talking point when it comes to such issues.

For a short while, the primitives agree that yes, the "right" is vile.

And then this pops up out of thin air:

harried helga (14 posts)      Wed Sep-16-09 03:10 PM
Response to Original message

11. Well, I will tell you (as someone familiar with not having the standard income in USA)

I find it interesting that you mention someone being inspirational as naive, when I have seen a particular poster (1000+) who is homeless and attacks many people on DU, accusing them of simply mouthing platitudes when they write about poverty. I am sorry, but not only is that rude behavior, but it shows a lack of appreciation when someone DOES care. This person is always cynical about motives and suggestions.

I also was looking at one of the donor forums where a person who claims to be depressed is always shooting down everyone's advice. Yet keeps complaining about her situation! After a while, you see a connection between lack of gratitude and one's condition. And I know of what I speak, income-wise. Maybe even more than you ever have

Obviously in reference to the bobbling primitive and the squawking primitive.

Naturyl (1000+ posts)        Thu Sep-17-09 04:22 AM
Response to Reply #11

12. I know who you're referring to...

And you have a lot of familiarity of those two people, for a person with just 14 posts. That's rather odd. It sounds like the kind of knowledge that might be gained from reading at forums which cannot be mentioned. Your criticism of those two people also sounds a lot like the kind of criticism one finds at those forums.

Oh dear.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 10:18:36 AM by franksolich »
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: harried primitive bashes bobbling primitive, squawking primitive
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
LOL!  High 5 Frank!  Good find.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:26:22 AM »
It would sound as if Naturyl is also quite familiar with such places too. :evillaugh:

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 03:51:35 PM »
Oh God, that was funny.  That last post doused the bonfire, too. 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 05:12:01 PM »
Oh God, that was funny.  That last post doused the bonfire, too. 

Yep, I'm sure they're more worried about a tombstone than they're worried about the point they were making!

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!