Author Topic: The Commander in Chief is Saddened.  (Read 1234 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
The Commander in Chief is Saddened.
« on: June 03, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/06/03/finally-obamas-limp-statement-on-the-jihadi-attack-in-arkansas/

The White House finally got around to releasing a statement on the jihadi attack against our troops at the Arkansas military recruitment center.

Here is the entire statement:

“I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss of their son.”

“Senseless?” It made perfectly good sense to a vengeful Muslim convert jihadi bent on “killing as many people in the Army as he could.”

For contrast, here is Obama’s full statement on the Tiller murder, issued just hours after the shooting:

I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church services this morning. However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence.

Caleb Howe is underwhelmed:

“It’s in keeping with the Obama administration’s passive language, such as the euphemisms “overseas contingency operation” or “man-caused disaster” … Obama’s statement on the murder of Pvt. William A. Long is just as passive in voice and blame. He’s not outraged, he’s saddened. Not by someone who committed a “heinous act” but rather by a senseless violence. It might have been a bolt of lightning for all the pushback Obama has to share.

He waits three days and then the best he can muster is an abstract sadness at something that, judging by his statement, might well have been a mere accident of fate…
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Re: The Commander in Chief is Saddened.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »
I went to the WH web-page to read the statement- but could not find it. I did, however, leave Mr. Obama a message:

Sir,
I am a Solider serving my country as was shocked by the attack on our troops in little Rock. I have heard that you have issued a statement about this vicious murder but have not read it on this site. I would like to suggest that the two soldiers wounded int eh attack be awarded the Purple Heart, since it is obvious they wounded in action.
By the wording of the regulations, the two men are deserving of the award. I ask that you think about what it would mean to the families of these two soldiers, and the image of support it would show to the rest of the Armed Forces, if you would present this award.

Per United States Army regulations, the Purple Heart is awarded in the name of the President of the United States to any member of the Armed Forces of the United States who, while serving under competent authority in any capacity with one of the U.S. Armed Services after April 5, 1917, has been wounded or killed, or who has died after being wounded. Specific examples of services which warrant the Purple Heart any action against an enemy of the United States; any action with an opposing armed force of a foreign country in which the Armed Forces of the United States are or have been engaged; while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in an armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party; as a result of an act of any such enemy of opposing armed forces; or as the result of an act of any hostile foreign force. After 28 March 1973, as a result of an international terrorist attack against the United States or a foreign nation friendly to the United States, recognized as such an attack by the Secretary of the Army, or jointly by the Secretaries of the separate armed services concerned if persons from more than one service are wounded in the attack. After 28 March 1973, as a result of military operations while serving outside the territory of the United States as part of a peacekeeping force.

Thank you for your time.

Major XXXX XXXXXXX
(Unit)
Peterson AFB

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 10:44:07 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-qH02g4DLI[/youtube]

RIP SPC Long.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:46:42 PM by dutch508 »

Offline ReaganForRushmore

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »
What do expect from BHO?..........when jihad comes to America's shores on a wide scale basis, Americans will be blamed, not the attackers. We have to understand them, we have to understand all the trials and tribulations of living in the 1100's. We either take control of the Islamists or prepare to be second class citizens. Thanks BHO!

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 09:50:47 AM »
http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20090603_lone_wolf_lessons

'However, politics have proved obstructive to all facets of counterterrorism policy. And politics may have been at play in the Muhammad case as well as in other cases involving Black Muslim converts. Several weeks ago, STRATFOR heard from sources that the FBI and other law enforcement organizations had been ordered to “back off” of counterterrorism investigations into the activities of Black Muslim converts. At this point, it is unclear to us if that guidance was given by the White House or the Department of Justice, or if it was promulgated by the agencies themselves, anticipating the wishes of President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.

As STRATFOR has previously noted, the FBI has a culture that is very conservative and risk-averse. Many FBI supervisors are reluctant to authorize investigations that they believe may have negative blow-back on their career advancement. In light of this institutional culture, and the order to be careful in investigations relating to Black Muslim converts, it would not be at all surprising to us if a supervisor refused to authorize a full-field investigation of Muhammad that would have included surveillance of his activities. Though in practical terms, even if a full-field investigation had been authorized, due to the caution being exercised in cases related to Black Muslim converts, the case would most likely have been micromanaged to the point of inaction by the special agent in charge of the office involved or by FBI headquarters.

Had the FBI opened a full-field investigation on Muhammad, and had it conducted surveillance on him, it would have been able to watch him participate in preoperational activities such as conducting surveillance of potential targets and obtaining weapons.

There is certainly going to be an internal inquiry at the FBI and Department of Justice — and perhaps even in Congress — to determine where the points of failure were in this case. We will be watching with interest to see what really transpired. The details will be extremely interesting, especially coming at a time when the Obama administration appears to be following the Clinton-era policy of stressing the primacy of the FBI and the law enforcement aspect of counterterrorism policy at the expense of intelligence and other elements.”

Hattip to "This ain't Hell..."

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 12:07:58 PM »
What do expect from BHO?..........when jihad comes to America's shores on a wide scale basis, Americans will be blamed, not the attackers. We have to understand them, we have to understand all the trials and tribulations of living in the 1100's. We either take control of the Islamists or prepare to be second class citizens. Thanks BHO!

Exactly. All this for .5% of the population.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:24 PM »
At this point, it is unclear to us if that guidance was given by the White House or the Department of Justice

They are the same damn thing!!!!!!!! Anybody here think Bam Bam doesn't hand the DOJ their marching orders?
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Daisy

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 03:08:25 PM »
Ronald Wilson Raegan: Mr. Gorbachev, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL.
Barack Hussein Obama:  I apologize for America's overreaction to 9/11.

Offline dutch508

• Remember
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »
After searching the White House web-page for a update to the weak-assed statement given on WED, I can not find any mention of the President's Statement. An on line search only brings up a few hits. I wondered why, until I read this:

http://www.examiner.com/x-4295-Seattle-Conservative-Examiner~y2009m6d4-White-House-statement-on-Little-Rock-recruiting-center-shooting-will-not
The White House released the following statement Wednesday in response to the shooting at Little Rock, Arkansas of a military recruiting center that resulted in the death of Private William Long.

I am deeply saddened by this senseless act of violence against two brave young soldiers who were doing their part to strengthen our armed forces and keep our country safe. I would like to wish Quinton Ezeagwula a speedy recovery, and to offer my condolences and prayers to William Long’s family as they mourn the loss of their son.

The statement appeared on the website of Little Rock television station KATV (hat tip Tammy Bruce) and appears to have released only to Arkansas media. It was made on the third day following the tragedy, causing many to question President Obama’s concern for the safety of members of our military.

In contrast, Obama’s statement on the gunning down in Wichita, Kansas of Dr. Tiller by an anti-abortion extremist was issued early afternoon of the day it occurred.

The apparent difference with which the President views the Little Rock and Wichita shootings was the subject of my Examiner.com piece this Tuesday. The lopsided reaction of the Obama White House has not been put in balance by yesterday’s statement to the families of the victims in Little Rock. 

Though his thoughts are of undeniable comfort to the grieving loved ones, it is worthy to note that his statement on the Wichita killing did not address Dr. Tiller’s families. Instead, he chose to speak to radical anti-abortion activists, admonishing them to reject violence as a means to achieving political ends.

In case your memory is as fallible as my own, the President’s statement following Dr. Tiller’s murder was as follows:

I am shocked and outraged by the murder of Dr. George Tiller as he attended church services this morning.  However profound our differences as Americans over difficult issues such as abortion, they cannot be resolved by heinous acts of violence.

Why then, was the targeting of American military personnel by an alleged shooter who may be tied to radical Islam not responded to in a similar fashion? It couldn’t have been a reluctance to poke a stick in the eye of the Muslim world leading up to his much-anticipated speech in Cairo, because he did that himself by calling on Muslim to purge itself of radicals seeking violence as a means to an end.

In the Tiller statement, the entire thrust was to send a message to those who might be sympathetic or grateful to his killer that such action was not tolerable in civil society (although his words were actually more watered down than what I just wrote) and the effect on Tiller’s family was of no importance.

The exact reverse was true of the Little Rock statement, leaving the public to wonder whether this was the cause of White House confusion and lack of organization (no clear policy on who approves communications) or if it speaks to a general disconnect from the realities of the war with Islamic terror.

Words have meaning, and oftentimes intent is embedded in them without the conscious will to do so. Each American will have to ponder what is meant by these two statements.

So- the President, and now I doubt if it was he who released anything, and not that retard Gibbel's department of Propaganda, didn't really give out a Presidental Statement condeming the loss. They gave out a half hearted and porrly worded spew to shut up the people. I am sure that if asked directly, Barack would say something to the effect- I already released something on this....though I don't know what it is...

Offline Bluesuiter-Retired

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525243,00.html

The "zeros" justice department is opening an investigation to determine if the killing of "tiller the baby killer" involved more people.

Will there be a similar investigation into the shooting of Pvt Long?  Heee Heee Heee, yeah right!
America - Love It, or LEAVE

Offline Daisy

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »
Exactly what you'd expect from a finally out of the closet Muslim and er Rev. Wright Christian.
Muslim = Jew hating, Christian hating, women hating, America gauging.
Rev. Wright = Jew hating, Christian hating, America hating, bigot loonytoon.

Voila...our POTUS.