Author Topic: Victims of Nigerian Money Scams DESERVE Jail, per High Commissioner  (Read 875 times)

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
People who fall for so-called "Nigerian scams" aren't victims at all—in fact, they're greedy and should be jailed, according to Nigerian high commissioner Sunday Olu Agbi. He said today that Nigeria has gained a bad reputation because of the scams perpetrated by a minuscule number of people, and that those who find themselves involved with the scams are equally as guilty as those running them.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/web/jail-the-greedy-scam-victims-says-nigeria/2008/08/21/1219262473059.html/

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080822-nigerian-official-greedy-marks-as-guilty-as-419-scammers.html

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
Re: Victims of Nigerian Money Scams DESERVE Jail, per High Commissioner
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 07:29:46 PM »
People who are stupid enough, and greedy enough to fall for stuff like that deserve not sympathy but to be constantly derided and mocked for the remainder of their life. IMO.

I get these messages regularly in my inbox, but I have noticed they they aren't even trying anymore.

They've gone from a long involved story, to more simple one liners

Example :

Yours Assistance
Medium risk You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
Sent:Saturday, 16 August 2008 8:22:00 AM
Reply-to:shufyang25@hotmail.com

To:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am Mr. Shu F Yang and , I have a business transaction  to share with you if interested get back to me  via my personal e-mail shufyang25@hotmail.com for more details.

Sincerely,
Mr. Yang

I swear they aren't even trying anymore...

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Re: Victims of Nigerian Money Scams DESERVE Jail, per High Commissioner
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:54:43 PM »
Dear Reader,

You do now know me. My name is John Smith and I have been imprisoned in Nigeria after falling prey to a chain letter sent by scammers by Nigerian high commissioner Sunday Olu Agbi. It wasn't my fault I didn't know it was a setup to rob me, as I thought there was really a princess taken prisoner by Gannon and held against her will. I am sending this request secretly during time in the prison library as a plea for help, to YOU and YOU alone dear reader. to make bail, I need the sum of $10000.00 USD wired to a secret account held in Spain by a close friend of mine. He can be totally trusted, but he cant raise this money on his own>please send anything you can to me, as every little bit helps, and foreward this letter to everyone you know. Many hands make for lighter loads, this way nobody will have to face the burden of reaching this most generous goal alone. Once I am free, the money will be returned to all who donate, as Paypal keeps records of those who generously donate. Once the goal is reached I will no longer accept donations, so If you try to send and your money is returned, I have been successful in getting free of this tyrannical country. Please help! May God bless you and everyone you send this letter to.

Peace always,
John Smith