Author Topic: Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest
« on: November 12, 2018, 07:07:51 PM »
Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest
https://apnews.com/5e09baf857b84dc784a4b210ac09ee2b

California is engulfed in massive flames. I wonder if some of these fires are intentionally set or could be terrorism.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline mrclose

Re: Death toll rises in California wildfire, matching deadliest
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:13:51 PM »
Guy's video of friends remains who died in their automobiles.
(He barely escaped himself)

WARNING! Skeletal Remains.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FB-HTIzyZWhtUV38Dkn2Db0HG8teRKtf/view?usp=sharing
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 07:45:28 AM »
You have to hope that death came quickly and painlessly for that poor soul.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 08:34:33 AM »
The Camp Fire, near Chico, is about 600 miles from the fires in the LA area. Paradise seems to have been a place people went to retire, as well as having longer-term residents. Access to many homes is not great - dirt/gravel roads over which one must travel slowly. So many who died lived in more remote areas or were elderly.

I've been following news about the Camp Fire some because my older daughter had friends at the Youth With A Mission base that is sort of between Paradise and Chico. The fire was blown in another direction, thankfully. Also, a classmate from high school is a retired nurse and her church was used as an evacuation center, she was volunteering there.

The worrisome thing about that fire, long term, is that that area is part of the watershed for Lake Oroville, whose dam was the one that was seriously damaged back in early 2017. The burned over area won't slow rain run-off the way other areas will, and if this winter is rainy that dam could be stressed (hopefully it's been repaired!).

BTW, I've heard of Texas fire departments sending personnel and equipment to help fight fires in CA. Doubtless other states have too. If you know someone who came to help, please relay my thanks. I'm not affected directly, but it seems like everybody I know has family or friends affected by the fires (e.g. the sister of a runner friend lived in Paradise and is a member of the church where my friend was volunteering).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:02:35 AM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 06:17:14 PM »
Anf govenor moonbeam vetoed a bill to remove millions of dead trees and underbrush to prevent forest fires. :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 09:55:20 PM »
Anf govenor moonbeam vetoed a bill to remove millions of dead trees and underbrush to prevent forest fires. :mental:

If they allow wildfires to burn naturally centuries ago, this would never happen.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du