Author Topic: Bouncy; Been using a new tact with Republicans. ie. Immigration.  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211302353

Glamrock
Been using a new tact with Republicans. ie. Immigration.

Had a discussion with 3 blue collar dudes while smoking outside a hotel last week.

Immigration came up. I told them Republicans love illegal immigrants. It's cheap labor. At first they we're flabbergasted to hear it. I continued that they were using the issue to drive a wedge into the electorate. It's just used to win elections so they can cut taxes for the rich, I said. How's that last tax cut working out for you? What'd you get? $10-$30 a month? And now they wanna pay for it by cutting SS and Medicare? Wouldn't you rather have had no tax cut and know that shit is safe? Unsure murmers was the reply I got. As I finished my Marlboro, I hit em with this. If they really wanted to stop illegal immigration, they'd propose exorbitant fines and jail time on those who hire them. Problem solved. Hell, they got the majority of the Congress and the Whitehouse. They could pass that without a single Dem vote if they really wanted to stop it. That left them speechless. They were absolutely thinking about it as I walked away.

Uh huh, because all blue collar workers are obviously Republicans.

rampartc
2. nope, to most of these yahoos
democrats want more immigrants to vote for democrats so they can get "free stuff."

i know that is ridiculous, but i interact with "conservatives" on other boards all the time and they are convinced that it is democrats who want "open borders" for purposes of voter fraud. no matter that most undocumented immigranrs are employed in red county agribusiness.

Glamrock
3. All I can say is the stunned silence I walked away from spoke volumes.
I could be wrong. Maybe it goes nowhere. Perhaps it helped not one iota. But I could see the wheels turning.

Always so dramatic. “Stunned silence” hahahahaha.

TexasTowelie
12. Almost all undocumented immigrants won't show up at the polls to vote
since they fear that they could be arrested and deported. They want to either lay low or blend into the crowd rather than stand in line to be asked for identification.

I thought ID at the polls was only supposed to disenfranchise legal voters? 

More at the link.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Bouncy; Been using a new tact with Republicans. ie. Immigration.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »
"Stunned silence," DUmmie?  They were astounded that someone as stupid as you would remember to breathe.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:46:32 AM »
"Stunned silence," DUmmie?  They were astounded that someone as stupid as you would remember to breathe.

Yeah, DU-moron Glamrock exhibited a degree of stupid that didn't warrant a response.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 12:04:02 PM »
Quote from:
rampartc

2. nope, to most of these yahoos
democrats want more immigrants to vote for democrats so they can get "free stuff."... they are convinced that it is democrats who want "open borders" for purposes of voter fraud.

Where did these yahoos get that idea? Oh yea, the Dem leaders who have come out and either directly or in a round-about way said that's *exactly* why they want more immigrants.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Delmar

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 12:15:49 PM »
As I finished my Marlboro, I hit em with this
and that was all she wrote.

Those three simple blue collar dudes didn't stand a chance against the intellectual powerhouse primitive Glamrock.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 01:22:51 PM »

Those three simple blue collar dudes didn't stand a chance against the intellectual powerhouse primitive Glamrock.

It was probably all they could do to not laugh aloud before he was out of earshot.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 01:41:41 PM »
I'm all for giving harsh penalties to those that hire illegal invaders. It is the donks that always stop the e-verify.  Also it is the demofascists that always give the free shit to illegal invaders (latest is Obammycare).

These DUchebags are not even clinging to reality by a thin thread. It is a complete disconnect. NPCs indeed.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 01:41:44 PM »

:lmao:

^5!!

I think they honestly think of themselves as the guy in the fedora and trench coat, casually flicking their cigarette away as they impose some incredible truth on their unsuspecting villain, while calmly walking off.

*with or without explosions going off behind them while they’re not flinching.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211302353

Will I get banned from CC if I agree with him on a couple of points?
Right now, we don't have a secure border because of democrats. It is without doubt. We also have no border security right now because of Republicans. That is also without doubt.
We also dont drop the damned hammer on people who employ these invaders. They get hit with petty fines...  and in some states, the left leaning government just lets it go without penalty.
Everything else the idiot said is groundless DUmpass drivel, but as much as it pains me, I have to agree with the stupid bastard on those couple of points.

Oh yea, I almost forgot...   
 and everybody clapped