Author Topic: Does the huge majority of Americans see what is happening to their country?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member kentuck (88,858 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/100211280625

Does the huge majority of Americans see what is happening to their country?

I have to think that they do.

I think the Republicans are going to be in for a big surprise on Election day. That is my sincerest hope.

I believe the American people understand the disastrous road we have taken and will choose to go a different direction.

I have to believe...

GDP up
Unemployment down
Wages up
Foodstamps down

yeah- I hope the people see the road we are on...

Star Member bdamomma (48,730 posts)

2. hopefully yes

https://www.alternet.org/trump-anxiety-disorder-psychologist-warns-president-making-americans-sick?src=newsletter1097020

read this:

snip of article:

While psychologists have speculated from afar about President Donald Trump's mental instability, a psychologist said his manic episodes and the need for constant attention is making Americans anxiety-ridden and in need of mental health care.

According to a psychologist who spoke with Politico, Trump's distinctive brand of "provocation, brinkmanship, and self-drama," is leading to what she calls "Trump Anxiety Disorder" that is affecting even those who don't follow politics.

:lmao:

zipplewrath (13,215 posts)

5. We aren't ruled by the majority

This can't be said often enough. The majority isn't governing this country. Between quirks in the Constitution that were intended to protect, (not empower) the minority, gerrymandering, and a shifting population causing huge disparities in Congressional representation, the GOP has managed to build a ruling party without majority support. It is intentional on their part and they have no intention of trying to become a majority. Right now, depending upon how one wants to count, the Senate is controlled by GOP senators that represent roughly 20% of the population. The GOP has a majority of the seats in the House DESPITE not receiving anything close to the majority of votes nationally. The president won despite a large loss in the popular vote.

This is a dangerous trend. It rarely ever reverses itself. A ruling minority will tend towards preserving their control, not increasing participation. It also tends to discourage participation by the majority. We may win an election here and there, but fundamentally nothing will change until gerrymandering is truly ended and at least the EC is somehow "repaired" to balance out the representation to the population.

:mental:

Mon Oct 15, 2018, 06:20 PM
Alwaysna (206 posts)

32. Eliminate fox news by reinstating the Fairness Doctrine.

This would also get rid of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity etc. But first the hard part is getting people to vote the right people in office.

Destroy Free Speech as it makes people not vote [D]

Cosmocat (11,483 posts)

8. THIS

Their 1/3 is insane, literally.
The "middle 1/3" hears them scream like lunatics, wants to believe "they are both the same" and thinks there must be something to what they are screaming about.
That is why we have what we have now - full republican rule and a psychopath in the white house.
1/3 of people were willing to accept him, and indulge republican **** wittery.

They have to be insanely bad for the country to punish them at the ballot box, like they did in 06 & 08, but all it took was them losing their GD minds over the democratic president penning THEIR FRIGGEN HEALTH CARE REFORM into law for the country to turn around and give them even more power in congress and the states than they had before in 2010.

The stupid is T H I C K in this country.

So, we are likely to make some big gains in November, but good bet the country goes back to indulging republican **** wittery past that ...

:stoner:

Star Member MrScorpio (70,429 posts)

10. Basically, we're hinging the future of America on a margin of white, registered likely swing voters

Not to mention whatever those who are successful against efforts to suppress the votes of people who will likely vote for Democrats.

We're already fighting our way uphill because the system is rigged in the favor or white rural voters, whose representation is multiplied exponentially compared to everyone else who are located in urban counties and cities.

If I said it once, I've said it a million times: We need to start spreading out to where the red areas of the country are and start turning them purple.

Unless we do that, we're always going to be ****ed.

if it wasn't for those pesky white voters in the fly-over states, clinging to their God, Guns, and Morality MrsCorpio and the left would be running shit by now.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
if it wasn't for those pesky white voters in the fly-over states, clinging to their God, Guns, and Morality MrsCorpio and the left would be running shit by now.

Well, I see like a good Sambo or Quimbo--two of Simon Legree's sadistic black overseers in Uncle Tom's Cabin--Lamond's working hard to keep his people on the plantation.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Well, they see the economy zooming like it was chugging Red Bull, and the Leftist scum Antifa acting like total a-holes where Democrats are in control, does that help, kentuck?
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Quote from:
BoyPrimitive a/k/a Pineapple Head

If I said it once, I've said it a million times: We need to start spreading out to where the red areas of the country are and start turning them purple.

So is Lamond looking to move out of Detroit to somewhere like Hudson, KS?

Let's see how serious he is about his million time suggestion.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Happy Fun Ball

Yes, the majority is seeing what road this country  is headed down, made all too clear last month. And now this majority is going to be voting in a few weeks, and it won't be for the democrats.

Offline SVPete

kt needs to stop drinking the :stoner: water after using it.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
So is Lamond looking to move out of Detroit to somewhere like Hudson, KS?

And he's going to use his hate-whitey racism to convince people there?
apres moi, le deluge

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
The majority of the negative things happening in the Country are not caused by Trump. They are being caused by the left's violent response to Trump.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline 67 Rover

The majority of the negative things happening in the Country are not caused by Trump. They are being caused by the left's violent response to Trump.

This ^

The election of President Trump did not create the left's hate it revealed it.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
We need to start spreading out to where the red areas of the country are and start turning them purple.

Well Lamond, come on down here and try.  You won't make it.  Not because you're black, but because you're an insufferable racist idiot.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
Well Lamond, come on down here and try.  You won't make it.  Not because you're black, but because you're an insufferable racist idiot.

He's not going anywhere to turn any place purple; he's scared.

Remember, it's been almost two years that we've waited over on DU Jr. for him to show up to school us on the 2016 elections, which he promised to do, but mysteriously hasn't shown up yet.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty

Yes.
Next question.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline freedumb2003b

The LEGAL majority, yes.

We/they were the ones who voted President Trump in and are reveling in his nearly 300 accomplishments in his first 20 months in office.

As for the illegals and the gibmedats -- well, just be glad we don't require employment and proof you are not on the dole to vote.

Yet.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Patriot Guard Rider

• Yes, really. Liberals DO disgust me.
GDP up
Unemployment down
Wages up
Foodstamps down

yeah- I hope the people see the road we are on...

:lmao:

:mental:

Destroy Free Speech as it makes people not vote [D]

:stoner:

Yes, the majority of Americans see which is why there will be no blue wave. The liberal mindset exists only on the west   coast and the liberal northeast. They talk amongst themselves and convince themselves everyone shares their mindset, after all, they haven't met anyone who likes Republicans.
Liberals disgust me. (Now I don't have to remember to put it on each post).

Because only the left goes searching for that which is not there in a desperate attempt to be offended about something.

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

Many people do not see evil until the gas is flowing into the chamber. That is why they get on the trains in the first place.

Offline jukin

I am storing my own blood at the bank because I am going to need it come November to keep from blacking out from schadenbonerness.

On edit. I guess Obama has taken over from Trump because the market went up 500 points.  Now last week Trump was fully in control of the economy.

BTW, where the hell is preezy Shit Midas?  Shouldn't his super popularity make him a go to guy for campaigning for the donks this midterm?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:45:25 PM by jukin »
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

Even in northern New York, so mired from the Great Depression it never recovered from, there was a story on the local news.  It was the job fair held today at the Hilton.  Lots of happy people and activity, and very rare optimism.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

BoyPrimitive a/k/a Pineapple Head

Sure, okay, we've got lots of unimproved land and a pretty fair number of backhoes, dozers, and excavators.

You may not like how public benefits are handled outside the blue urban centers, though.  Nowhere near as generous as you're probably accustomed to.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

Star Member kentuck (88,858 posts)

I think they may, and that's your problem.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
It is always a great country.  Even when we go through periods of crappy Presidents, such as Clinton & Obama. 

There is no denying in what great economic shape our country now is enjoying.

Be miserable cranks all you want.  The resistance is futile.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender