Author Topic: How the Kavanaugh Case Teaches Men to Fight Back  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Muddling 2

How the Kavanaugh Case Teaches Men to Fight Back
« on: October 08, 2018, 08:27:05 AM »
Good advise from Ms Instapundit, Helen Reynolds: 

"If you have been listening to the reaction to the Kavanaugh sexual abuse allegations, you have heard naysayers remark that Judge Kavanaugh was too angry, too temperamental and spent too much time defending himself. Phooey, he did exactly the right thing and with his nomination to the Supreme Court, his righteous indignation worked. Sure, there are those who hope his life is ruined, but it isn't. Why? He fought back.

Let that be a lesson to the normal, decent men out there who will not stand up for themselves whenever a woman is involved. I have heard the excuses for years: "I can't stand up to my wife, she might withhold sex. I can't make her mad, she might not love me. I can't fight back against sexual harassment charges that are false because the society is against me." It goes on and on.

Yes, all of this is true. But it doesn't mean that you cannot make the effort to push back against the misandry that is so rampant in our culture. We are now at the crossroads where due process for men is dubious, where one false allegation will end a man's career and where a woman's word is gospel. It's not. Judge Kavanaugh proved that this week. Due process is not dead and just because a man is charged by a woman does not automatically make him guilty. But until the man-hating stops, it is up to you to protect yourself.

How do you do that? It depends. A different strategy is needed to stand up in the case of a relationship than it would be in a job or legal situation. I hear from many men that their wife says negative things about men in general or to them directly in a sexist or nasty way. That is abusive. Tell her that, initially in a nice way."

Balance of article at the link:  https://pjmedia.com/drhelen/how-the-kavanaugh-case-teaches-men-to-fight-back/
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: How the Kavanaugh Case Teaches Men to Fight Back
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 05:10:33 PM »
It was lose-lose with him either way with those that opposed him. He fights back, they say he has a bad temperament and is unfit for the court. He comes back calm, and they'd have said he must be guilty otherwise he'd have put up a fierce defense.

That's why paying attention to what the left has to say about anything isn't worth the effort.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:37 PM »
I think the Ds and their MSM shills were utterly shocked that Judge K. fought back (as did Trump, Grassley, McConnell, and Graham). They expected K. to cave or Trump, et al, to leave him alone twisting in the wind.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 06:44:46 PM »
Yeah.  Same here.  Whoodathunk a month ago, that McConnell, Graham, Collins and Trump would be stalwart heroes?
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 02:13:47 AM »
Yeah.  Same here.  Whoodathunk a month ago, that McConnell, Graham, Collins and Trump would be stalwart heroes?

I wouldn't go that far. They're still professional politicians, clinging to their power and their prestige. (Trump got into the politics game some years ago - many think he's a "businessman" but he's been a politician for a long time now.)
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.