Author Topic: Another election stolen by the GOP: THOUSANDS of votes not counted or "stuck in  (Read 1489 times)

Offline freedumb2003b

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100210978823

@greg_palast on @Thom_Hartmann detailed shenanigans in #Ohio12th nearly 10,000 provisional/absentee/spoiled ballots overwhelmingly in Franklin Co minority precinct not counted. @GOP cheats again. @RickSmithShow this is unacceptable. @SenSherrodBrown  @ninaturner

12:36 PM - Aug 8, 2018 ยท Grand Rapids, MN
52 people are talking about this

I wish we were as good as they think we are.  By their reckoning we should never ever lose an election. Ever.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Really, Greg Palast... Russian Collusion, gerrymandering, etc. 

Libs need to get into a 12 step program or the stages of grief and make it thru denial.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Really, Greg Palast... Russian Collusion, gerrymandering, etc. 

Libs need to get into a 12 step program or the stages of grief and make it thru denial.

The 5 stages of a liberal election loss
1. The GOP cheated
2. The Russians interfered
3. F*ck the Greens
4. Candidate sucked
5 #WalkAway
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
It's funny they're so outraged over these 'uncounted' votes.  You don't count spoiled ballots and they've been told numerous times it is the law in Ohio to wait 10 days to count provisional ballots.  The top of their heads are coming off because they want them counted NOW!  I wish they would count them now.  The reason they're provisional is because the people who cast them couldn't provide proof they were eligible to vote and the 10 days gives them time to go to the courthouse with the proof they need.  Count them now, I say!   :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DLR Pyro

It's funny they're so outraged over these 'uncounted' votes.  You don't count spoiled ballots and they've been told numerous times it is the law in Ohio to wait 10 days to count provisional ballots.  The top of their heads are coming off because they want them counted NOW!  I wish they would count them now. The reason they're provisional is because the people who cast them couldn't provide proof they were eligible to vote and the 10 days gives them time to go to the courthouse with the proof they need.  Count them now, I say!   :lmao:

KC
I have never been clear on a provisional ballot.  If the provisional voter doesn't do anything after they cast the ballot, is the ballot discarded after a certain number of days?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I have never been clear on a provisional ballot.  If the provisional voter doesn't do anything after they cast the ballot, is the ballot discarded after a certain number of days?

My understanding is that the reason they're having to cast the provisional ballot is because they couldn't provide the ballot worker the information they needed to, to prove they have a right to vote in the election or that district.  Once the ballot is cast the voter has so many days to go to the courthouse and prove they have the right to vote and if they don't, the ballot is trashed.  This is why they don't count them for several days.  In this case, 10 days. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Blind squirrel and all that but has Thom Hartmann ever been right about anything?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Blind squirrel and all that but has Thom Hartmann ever been right about anything?

Who?   :p

Yes, I know do who he is.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender