Author Topic: Activist group cancels 'die-in' protest scheduled at Walt Disney World  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Activist group cancels 'die-in' protest scheduled at Walt Disney World
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/06/26/activist-group-cancels-die-in-protest-scheduled-at-walt-disney-world.html

An activist group canceled their “die-in” event protesting donations of NRA-supported Florida gubernatorial candidate Adam Putnam. The student-led group, called National Die-In, had scheduled the protest to take place on Walt Disney World property, reports said.

The group, who formed in response to the Orlando Pulse Nightclub Massacre, is working to pass common sense gun control laws, according to the organization’s website. As a form of protest, the organization stages “die-ins” where members lay on the ground of a public space and pretend to be dead.

The reasoning for the cancellation.
However, the protest originally scheduled for June has now been called off over a concern of traumatizing children, according to the co-founder the gun control advocacy group.

I wonder if it is because no one talks and cares about gun control with illegal immigration on the headlines.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Big Dog

• ^^Smokes cigars and knows things.
I wonder if it is because no one talks and cares about gun control with illegal immigration on the headlines.

Maybe.

Maybe somebody told them that Disney World is not "public space", and they would have to pay to go in and die.
Government is the negation of liberty.
  -Ludwig von Mises

CAVE FVROREM PATIENTIS.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Pay over $100 bucks each. That was what really caused the cancelation.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Yeah, the ticket price would certainly have something to do with the cancellation, especially when most of 'em still live in Mommy's basement.

Or maybe George Soros doesn't put a lot of credence in their act.

Personally, I think if they went in and "died", most of the spectators would think it's part of the entire Disney World act. They'd be looking around to see where Mickey Mouse was.

Silly me. Mickey would probably be over in the corner wearing a vagina hat over his big ears.  :rotf:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

Ticket price? More likely they couldn't afford to park in a Disney lot. IIRC, unlike Disney Land, the ticket booths for entry are between the parking lots and the station for the monorails that take guests to the parks, not the park entry plaza (between two parks like at Disney Land). IOW, their "die-in" would have been in the parking lot(s). Whether concrete or asphalt, I suspect the temperature of the surface on which they would have lain down would have been quite unpleasant, also.

All in all, this cancellation reeks of avoiding a very public fizzle.

Anyone else notice the irony that a group supposedly inspired by the Pulse shooting was targeting a business the Pulse shooter scouted but rejected? Perhaps they're lashing out at WDW for not having been where the shooting happened? Sick A-holes gotta be sick A-holes.

Since they are targeting a particular political candidate, I think the IRS should look into the group's tax status.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
Maybe.

Maybe somebody told them that Disney World is not "public space", and they would have to pay to go in and die.

Not only that, but with WDW not being "public space", WDW would be 100% legally protected to forcibly remove said protesters from their park.  Which I'm sure Disney attorneys told them in no uncertain terms, along with throwing around words like "monetary damages to our operations".

Offline freedumb2003b

Activist group cancels 'die-in' protest scheduled at Walt Disney World
http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/06/26/activist-group-cancels-die-in-protest-scheduled-at-walt-disney-world.html

The reasoning for the cancellation.

Well, all that is in the rear view mirror -- tiny specs in a vanishing point highway.

Now it is SCOTUS SCOTUS SCOTUS. 

Gun grabbers are on Page 27 just below the obits and illegal alien kids are page 6 below the 1/4 page ads for 4th of July BBQ dinners at TGIFridays.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

There are so many new shiny objects it is hard to keep track. :thatsright:

Are there any cupons for the TGIF barbecue dinners? :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!