Author Topic: As Loneliness Rises Among Americans, Experts Warn It’s Making Many Sick  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
As Loneliness Rises Among Americans, Experts Warn It’s Making Many Sick
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2018/06/21/as-loneliness-rises-among-americans-experts-warn-its-making-many-sick/

(CBS Local)- Former Surgeon General Doctor Vivek Murthy brought mental health to the forefront last September when he wrote in the Harvard Business Review that loneliness is a “growing health epidemic.” Now a recent survey by health service company Cigna adds to that by showing many Americans say they sometimes or always feel alone.

One can wonder why many are not so healthy.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
What???

You mean with all the social media platforms that exist -- you know, DU, Facebook, Instagram, CU, CC, FR, Twitter, and a bazillion more, not to mention the ubiquitous phone that is essentially a small computer, that people are....

.....GASP.......

Lonely?!?!?

What a steaming pile of crap...... :whatever:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
What???

You mean with all the social media platforms that exist -- you know, DU, Facebook, Instagram, CU, CC, FR, Twitter, and a bazillion more, not to mention the ubiquitous phone that is essentially a small computer, that people are....

.....GASP.......

Lonely?!?!?

What a steaming pile of crap...... :whatever:

Actually, people are lonelier and it is because of those things you mentioned. Most people need/desire personal contact with others. Isolating yourself in a room with no others and communicating with faceless individuals is not the same as meeting up at a bar or restaurant after work and on the weekends and having some good old face time. Look at the DUpipo. Do they seem like a happy well-adjusted lot? From some of their post counts I can infer that most of their social interactions are through DU. Sad isn't in.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Old n Grumpy

They need to put down the phones. I ride my bike along A1A and see people walking, jogging and riding bikes while looking at their phones.  :thatsright:

I can't for the life of me see what the attraction with them is.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Actually, people are lonelier and it is because of those things you mentioned. Most people need/desire personal contact with others. Isolating yourself in a room with no others and communicating with faceless individuals is not the same as meeting up at a bar or restaurant after work and on the weekends and having some good old face time. Look at the DUpipo. Do they seem like a happy well-adjusted lot? From some of their post counts I can infer that most of their social interactions are through DU. Sad isn't in.

I forgot my  :sarcasm: smiley. Sorry. I'll do better next time.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.