Author Topic: One thing REALLY bothers me about Lamb's campaign: His disavowal of Nancy Pelos  (Read 2197 times)

Offline CC27

RandomAccess (2,681 posts)

One thing REALLY bothers me about Lamb's campaign:

His disavowal of Nancy Pelosi, presumably to ward off attacks on him trying to pin her to him.

First, IMO she's not that liberal. But she was one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE Speakers of the House ever.

Second, and more important, the GOP will vilify and demonize ANYONE who's the Dem Leader of the House -- and all the easier to do when she's a woman (so yes, it's also sexist).

Third, and a little less important but still an issue, leadership IMO on Lamb's part would have involved standing up to that line of attack. What / who will he next feel required to disavow because of Republicon attacks, which they now know he's vulnerable to?

IMPORTANT NOTE: This post is NOT an argument pro or con Pelosi. It's NOT an argument pro or con Lamb and his centrist views. It's about ONE single issue about how he waged/handled his campaign. I think we have to be smarter than that, frankly.

https://upload.democraticunderground.com/100210356420

That is why Lamb won you DUmb ****. He ran as a conservative. You just don't get it?

Offline Old n Grumpy

Old nancy is a doddering old fool, her and mad maxine are both your flagship members. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Hahahahaha!!! 

Just more proof they’re never happy. Bitch when you lose, bitch when you win.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlippyDoo

• Oh NO!!!!! It's a rebel windmill!!!!

His disavowal of Nancy Pelosi, presumably to ward off attacks on him trying to pin her to him.

First, IMO she's not that liberal. But she was one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE Speakers of the House ever.

Second, and more important, the GOP will vilify and demonize ANYONE who's the Dem Leader of the House -- and all the easier to do when she's a woman (so yes, it's also sexist).

Third, and a little less important but still an issue, leadership IMO on Lamb's part would have involved standing up to that line of attack. What / who will he next feel required to disavow because of Republicon attacks, which they now know he's vulnerable to?

IMPORTANT NOTE: This post is NOT an argument pro or con Pelosi. It's NOT an argument pro or con Lamb and his centrist views. It's about ONE single issue about how he waged/handled his campaign. I think we have to be smarter than that, frankly.

So you think she was one of THE MOST EFFECTIVE Speakers ever? As a fictional spirit-guide I'd suggest you not say stuff like that in public. If you absolutely feel that you MUST say something stupid say something along the lines of "I'm the 13th planet in our solar system". Something like that will make you sound just a tad more sane than speaking your thoughts about Pelosi.

One thing that bothers me about Pelosi is that I've never been able to figure out if her perpetually surprised look is from too much plastic surgery or walking around with an icicle shoved up her ass.
Fictional spirit-guiding by appointment.
conservativecave.com & conservativeunderground.com

For new members and lurkers: I am a fictional spirit-guide with no smell whatsoever. I am part irish setter and part pigeon. If you don't smell any strange smells it means I'm probably standing next to you. As I am a fictional character anything I post should possibly be considered fictional.

Offline freedumb2003b

Old nancy is a doddering old fool, her and mad maxine are both your flagship members. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

The fact is, Lamb ran as a Republican with a (d).  He was a true DINO. Had he run on the current democrat agenda he would have gotten killed.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline SVPete

Conor Lamb is also what DU-folk would call a Gun-Humper.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
Lamb reminds me of Manchin.

Say whatever you need to stay out of trouble.
Kiss Schumer's ass whenever Chucky needs his vote...

How long will it take before Lamb is kissing Pelosi's ass?
I'll give him 15 minutes...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
What did Nancy accomplish in her time as Speaker of the House? Other than Obama Care I can't think of a single important piece of legislation that was passed.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
What did Nancy accomplish in her time as Speaker of the House? Other than Obama Care I can't think of a single important piece of legislation that was passed.

As the leader of the quorum responsible for initiating all federal spending bills, it's highly ironic that there isn't a single budget bill - balanced or otherwise - ramrodded through under her steely oversight.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline docstew

• My Wife is awesome!
As the leader of the quorum responsible for initiating all federal spending bills, it's highly ironic that there isn't a single budget bill - balanced or otherwise - ramrodded through under her steely oversight.

Careful setting that as the standard.  There hasn't been one since then either.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty

She's lined the hell out of her pockets.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Old n Grumpy

What did Nancy accomplish in her time as Speaker of the House? Other than Obama Care I can't think of a single important GOODpiece of legislation that was passed.

Fixed it :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Careful setting that as the standard.  There hasn't been one since then either.

There hasn't been a discernable difference between her, John Boehner and Paul Ryan in any other aspect of their leadership, either.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!

We HAD to pass it to find out what was in it...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline SVPete

Lamb had to run as as a closet DINO. That should bother DU-grade Progs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.