Author Topic: Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more than their guns'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/18/florida-school-massacre-sparks-church-sign-when-will-love-their-kids-more-than-their-guns.html

Australia’s rebel reverend is commenting on the Florida school massacre with a parish billboard sign that says, “When will they love their kids more than their guns.”

In a Facebook post of a photo of the sign, Anglican priest Rod Bower calls the U.S. “a society destroying itself from within” and an empire in decline that “can never be great again.”

“A culture that loves guns more than children has no future other than corruption, decline and death,” Bower wrote.

This comes from the leftist Anglican church. A church that lost its ways.

Banning guns in Australia led to higher crime rates.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline dixierose

I don't understand that argument coming from a church....abortion kills more kids than "guns".
It angers me that people are saying, and believing, that we don't value our kids because we believe we have a right to own guns. A country that will kill thousands of innocent babies in the womb has an issue with valuing life. Guns have nothing to do with it...it's a society/culture issue. Heck, when I was in school, hunters brought their rifles to school so they could hit the woods right after class. School shootings were unheard of. It has NOTHING to do with access to guns, and EVERYTHING to do with today's society.
It also angers me that gun control advocates are marching these kids out in order to bolster their arguments. They know full well that 2A advocates won't contradict the kids...that would make us look more "heartless" than they already think we are. UGH.
When Harry Truman was President of the United States, he had a sign on his desk in the White House that said: "The buck stops here." If Barack Obama had a sign on his desk, it would say: "The buck stops with Bush." - Thomas Sowell

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
I don't understand that argument coming from a church....abortion kills more kids than "guns".
It angers me that people are saying, and believing, that we don't value our kids because we believe we have a right to own guns. A country that will kill thousands of innocent babies in the womb has an issue with valuing life. Guns have nothing to do with it...it's a society/culture issue. Heck, when I was in school, hunters brought their rifles to school so they could hit the woods right after class. School shootings were unheard of. It has NOTHING to do with access to guns, and EVERYTHING to do with today's society.
It also angers me that gun control advocates are marching these kids out in order to bolster their arguments. They know full well that 2A advocates won't contradict the kids...that would make us look more "heartless" than they already think we are. UGH.

Something really changed starting in the 1960s.

School shootings did occur back than, but were and targeted to a specific individual.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_shootings_in_the_United_States

Using children for political gains is very ghoulish.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:58:20 AM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline freedumb2003b

Florida school massacre sparks church sign: 'When will they love their kids more than their guns'
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/18/florida-school-massacre-sparks-church-sign-when-will-love-their-kids-more-than-their-guns.html

False dichotomy. 

If it had been a car running kids down (trust me, that is next) would the sign say "when will they love their kids more than their cars?"
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

False dichotomy. 

If it had been a car running kids down (trust me, that is next) would the sign say "when will they love their kids more than their cars?"

More kids are killed every year in cars anyway.  There is no call to ban them or even reduce the speed limits. In fact we seem to be going faster.  I bet more kids drown than are shot each year, but we aren't banning pools or swimming in rivers and lakes.

Offline MrsSmith

The only way to stop shooters like this maniac is to make sure there are no places advertised to be full of helpless targets. I have no doubt we'll see more things like truck attacks and acid attacks, the way the UK is seeing them, but I am sure the left won't be nearly as eager to stop those attacks as it won't help their dreams of tyranny.

Antifa - the only fascists in America today.

Offline thundley4

The only way to stop shooters like this maniac is to make sure there are no places advertised to be full of helpless targets. I have no doubt we'll see more things like truck attacks and acid attacks, the way the UK is seeing them, but I am sure the left won't be nearly as eager to stop those attacks as it won't help their dreams of tyranny.

Police: Chemical thrown on students was 'concentrated acid'
Friday, Feb. 16, 2018, 3:21 p.m.
ST. LOUIS — St. Louis police say the substance used in an attack on three high school students by a classmate was “concentrated acid.”

The attack happened Thursday at Sumner High School. Police initially listed two victims but later learned of a third.

Police on Friday said the 16-year-old male suspect used a water bottle to squirt a homemade mixture of concentrated acid. A 14-year-old male student is in serious but stable condition with chemical burns to his face. A 16-year-old female student is in stable condition with facial burns. A 15-year-old male student is in stable condition with burns to his hands.

Police have not disclosed a possible motive.

The suspect's name has not been released because he is in juvenile custody. A school district spokeswoman confirmed the investigation but declined comment.
http://triblive.com/usworld/world/13313760-74/police-chemical-thrown-on-students-was-concentrated-acid

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
False dichotomy. 

Cars are a killing machine. Just look at Nice and 86 people killed.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 09:40:46 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline SVPete

1.) This "church" is in Australia. This Australian priest should worry about the spiritual problems of people in his parish rather than those of people thousands of miles away from him in a country and culture of which he is ignorant.

2. His sign pretzellates the comment by Golda Meir to the effect that Israel and the Arabs will have peace when the Arabs' love their children more than they hate Jews. I don't know the man's heart, but if I were an Australian Jew I would not want to live or work in his community.

3. "... the leftist Anglican church. A church that lost its ways." The signature quote used by CU's "rockntractor" is apt. The Anglican Church has many (mis)leaders and prominent members who call evil good and call good evil.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

More kids are killed every year in cars anyway.  There is no call to ban them or even reduce the speed limits. In fact we seem to be going faster.  I bet more kids drown than are shot each year, but we aren't banning pools or swimming in rivers and lakes.

You have to wonder what will happen after the first driverless car is hacked and kills its occupants or a target.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.