Author Topic: Back when shit wasn't always racist...  (Read 2214 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Back when shit wasn't always racist...
« on: December 14, 2017, 10:41:29 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvYODVTHC2I

The Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine
He drink whiskey, Poncho drink the wine

We met down on the Fort of Rio Grande
We met down on the Fort of Rio Grande
Eat the salted peanuts out of can
Eat the salted peanuts out the can

The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
The outlaws had us pinned down at the fort
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port
Cisco came in blastin', drinkin' port

They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
They rode the sunset, horse was made of steel
Chased a gringo last night through a field
Chased a gringo last night through a field

Cisco Kid was a friend of mine
The Cisco Kid, he was a friend of mine

Ho ho ho ho, ho ho ho ho ho
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho
Ho ho ho ho, ho ho ho ho ho
Ho ho ho ho ho ho ho

Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
Cisco Kid he was a friend of mine
Cisco Kid was
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Back when shit wasn't always racist...
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:39:40 AM »
The good old days when being white, heterosexual, christian, male was not something to be ashamed of.  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
The good old days when being white, heterosexual, christian, male was not something to be ashamed of.  :thatsright:
Im still not ashamed of it.
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »
Im still not ashamed of it.

Me neither, I flaunt it. :yahoo:

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »
Thanks for the memories...that was some really good stuff while 15 and cruising in a 57 chevy after closing time at Shoneys and getting blamed for filling the back seat with beer cans.

After rolling over a dropoff by the river in a Javelin, the driver's sister in-law made my pre-pubic life different...while playing "The World Is A Ghetto".

Greasy, warm and can't be forgotten...thanks.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 08:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the memories...that was some really good stuff while 15 and cruising in a 57 chevy after closing time at Shoneys and getting blamed for filling the back seat with beer cans.

After rolling over a dropoff by the river in a Javelin, the driver's sister in-law made my pre-pubic life different...while playing "The World Is A Ghetto".

Shoneys! Oh man, I remember that brownie dessert thing they had back when I was a kid. It worked better than a whipping at getting me to behave.

Does Shoneys still exist? The last one anywhere within driving distance of me closed a few years ago.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 11:12:41 PM »
Shoneys! Oh man, I remember that brownie dessert thing they had back when I was a kid. It worked better than a whipping at getting me to behave.

Does Shoneys still exist? The last one anywhere within driving distance of me closed a few years ago.

According to Wikipedia, as of 2016, there are still approximately 150 Shoneys still in business.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 04:02:28 PM »

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »
According to Wikipedia, as of 2016, there are still approximately 150 Shoneys still in business.
There are quite a few in the deep South, one or two in Gatlinburg alone. The kids love the breakfast buffet and that's usually our big sendoff before heading home. I have a theory that frisches big boy takes up space north of shoneys in tn and holds down mid ky and on north past Cincinnati. Interesting how it all lines out since they're shooting for similar markets
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 07:18:45 PM »
Confession time... First, yes, there are Shoneys still in WV.   Second, my first stint as a dishwasher was to discover that the whipped cream makers were filled with a large tank of Nitrous Oxide.  I would take a few clean containers without the cream and just gas them up.  I got promoted to cook soon after and was eventually window man.  I really miss that gig, except for the 2.80 wage.

At 16, I was introduced to Southern Comfort at a Christmas party with the kitchen wide open.  HOPs, NY Strips between toasted buns galore.
I doubt that happens anymore.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2017, 05:19:03 AM »
Confession time... First, yes, there are Shoneys still in WV.   Second, my first stint as a dishwasher was to discover that the whipped cream makers were filled with a large tank of Nitrous Oxide.  I would take a few clean containers without the cream and just gas them up.  I got promoted to cook soon after and was eventually window man.  I really miss that gig, except for the 2.80 wage.

At 16, I was introduced to Southern Comfort at a Christmas party with the kitchen wide open.  HOPs, NY Strips between toasted buns galore.
I doubt that happens anymore.

My wife and I had NY strips last week, that I had in the freezer for a while.  They thawed nicely and were fabulous.  They were from Oscar's Smokehouse (Carl should be able to know where that one is).
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2017, 09:15:07 PM »

Wow! I ate at Shoney's a long time ago.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du