Author Topic: Hey Bigman Pigman! What do you think about this story? I'd really like to know  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/two-million-identities-stolen-fake-140000254.html

Two million identities stolen for fake net neutrality comments

As many as 2 million identities were stolen to leave fake comments in support of the FCC's decision to kill net neutrality, according to the New York Attorney General's Office. Based on the 5,000 or so complaints filed with the office, some of the victims are senior citizens, some are minors, while some are already dead. "This is a 13 year old child -- she did not post this comment, nor did anyone else in her household," a report filed by a New Yorker said. A Chicago resident who also filed a complaint called the fake comment made under their mother's name "sickening." Their mother passed away several years ago from cancer.

<snip>

Isn't this what you are telling people to do?  Please come tell me how proud you are of these people for doing this.

I don't have an opinion on net neutrality one way or the other, but I believe this kind of bullshit is wrong.  Somehow I think you're going to say what these people did is wrong because you don't like the message, but it's still what you advocate. 

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

What the story and NY's D AG omit is that numerous fake comments were made in support of "net neutrality".

"Net neutrality" is government usurping power over private businesses. So absent evidence of severe fraud and abuse I oppose it as an expansion of government power and tyranny.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Based on the 5,000 or so complaints filed with the office, some of the victims are senior citizens, some are minors, while some are already dead democrat voters.
Fixed.

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
What the story and NY's D AG omit is that numerous fake comments were made in support of "net neutrality".

"Net neutrality" is government usurping power over private businesses. So absent evidence of severe fraud and abuse I oppose it as an expansion of government power and tyranny.

I'm not sure what to think yet, but I don't share in the joy over the repeal.
Only time will tell and I sure hope I'm wrong on this one.
I am getting a lot of joy out the the outrage on the left though. They are seriously going nuts over this... so I guess that's the silver lining to enjoy.

Offline thundley4

I'm not sure what to think yet, but I don't share in the joy over the repeal.
Only time will tell and I sure hope I'm wrong on this one.
I am getting a lot of joy out the the outrage on the left though. They are seriously going nuts over this... so I guess that's the silver lining to enjoy.

It seems like net neutrality is a matter of the government siding with the big ISPs over the big online tech giants like Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Google and all the high bandwidth services.