Author Topic: $5 Trillion dollars in profits are "parked" overseas...Kentuck  (Read 1982 times)

Offline CC27

$5 Trillion dollars in profits are "parked" overseas...Kentuck
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:50:39 AM »
kentuck (83,207 posts)

$5 Trillion dollars in profits are "parked" overseas...

...and the only way we can get them to bring that money back to America is to give them a very low tax rate on those profits??

Is that the limit of our imagination?

What if they voted to take away their tax breaks for moving overseas to begin with?

What if they offered no FDIC protection for any of their profits moved back to America?

What if they made agreements with these "island" nations to pay them to stop these corporations and wealthy individuals from hiding their money on their islands?

What if they put a tariff on all their products that they make with cheap overseas labor and then sells in the American market?

So, the only answer is to offer them a free ride to bring their money back to the protected shores of America??

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029981663

God, you're an idiot.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: $5 Trillion dollars in profits are "parked" overseas...Kentuck
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:56:19 AM »
Typical lib, he thinks the government has a RIGHT to that cash.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:36:20 AM »
Marxism: where 35% of nothing is worth more than 20% of $5 trillion.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »
kentuck, what if we send the bus to take you to gulag 23 for some reeducation :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:23 AM »
Wonder how many libs have smart tax accountants who park $$$ overseas?  Based on my experience, I'd suspect a lot of the more intelligent & crafty ones.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 11:16:27 AM »
Wonder how many libs have smart tax accountants who park $$$ overseas?  Based on my experience, I'd suspect a lot of the more intelligent & crafty ones.

So, basically nobody on DU, then...
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 11:17:35 AM »
The money in question was earned outside of the US and has been kept there because of high US tax rates. kt's "solutions would simply make it more worth US companies' while to leave the US, taking thousands of jobs per company out of the US. There may be a one-time cost, as kt advocates, but it's a one-time cost that will be more than offset by decades of operating free of US government tyranny.

Obviously, this is beyond kt's ability to think. Libs & Progs seldom think beyond their intended effects to anticipate the immediate and long-term real life effects.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2017, 11:46:48 AM »
The money in question was earned outside of the US and has been kept there because of high US tax rates. kt's "solutions would simply make it more worth US companies' while to leave the US, taking thousands of jobs per company out of the US. There may be a one-time cost, as kt advocates, but it's a one-time cost that will be more than offset by decades of operating free of US government tyranny.

Obviously, this is beyond kt's ability to think. Libs & Progs seldom think beyond their intended effects to anticipate the immediate and long-term real life effects.

And he doesn't see that the reason that $$ is overseas in the first place is due to overbearing regulations (put in by HIS beloved government).

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2017, 11:50:58 AM »
Star Member democratisphere (5,504 posts)
1. Nothing is coming back HERE. The redumbliCON tax shill is based on

proven redumbliCON lies from previous tax shills. The debt isn't going to increase by 1 trillon; it will increase by over 2 trillion in providing corporate and wealthiest welfare. This is the craziest thing that has ever been concockted by our corrupt Congress.

You should probably learn to spell concocted before you call other people "dumb".
Stupid asshole.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2017, 11:59:37 AM »
You should probably learn to spell concocted before you call other people "dumb".
Stupid asshole.

BC, all he knows is 'cock.' :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2017, 01:05:02 PM »
I'd figure the primitives would be more enthusiastic about getting their money back from that Nigerian prince.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2017, 07:13:40 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that back in the early 2000's the libs all railed against free trade and now the President Trump is against it cause the USA gets screwed the dummies are all for it?

Says it all. 
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 04:26:06 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that back in the early 2000's the libs all railed against free trade and now the President Trump is against it cause the USA gets screwed the dummies are all for it?

Says it all.

It's been a very long time since "free trade"  existed. It's been over since the US has had treaties with other countries. Evey since has been done under trade agreements or treaties.