Author Topic: guillaumeb and Rockhead get into it over God  (Read 3749 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
guillaumeb and Rockhead get into it over God
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:15:35 AM »
guillaumeb (18,838 posts)             https://www.democraticunderground.com/1218261719

Where have you looked for God, and what were you looking for?
Often one can read a response from an atheist about looking for a deity and not finding any deity, or not finding any evidence of a deity. As if this statement somehow has any probative value in a discussion concerning the existence or non-existence of a deity.

But if you are a non-theist, or an agnostic, have you looked for God?

If you have, was it an intellectual search?

Was it a physical search?

If one were to do a physical search, where would one look?

If one were to do a physical search, what would one look for?

Would one look for a humanoid shaped being, continuing a long human tradition of anthropomorphizing deities?

Would one look for a sentient cloud of energy inhabiting an immense region of space?

MineralMan (101,121 posts)
5. No need to look for one. Others put their deities up for consideration

constantly. All you have to do is look to see if there's any evidence of the deities they are selling.

So far, no such evidence has been presented. From that I can draw only one conclusion.

guillaumeb (18,838 posts)
7. I can draw many conclusions.

1) You are not looking in the correct place.

2) You are looking incorrectly.

3) You do not realize what it is that you are looking for.

4) You are looking for what cannot be found using science.

5) You found and did not realize.

8. You can draw anything you like, Guillaume.

However, you do not know me, nor anything much about me. So, draw away...

10. Simply trying to help out.

Keep searching.

14. No, you're not, Guillaume.

You're baiting. I won't bite.

I once left this group for a very long time over similar baiting. I came back, only to find it again. Ugh!

15. You know very little about me, other than my first name.

As to baiting, and such tactics, I see them practiced constantly here, mainly by described atheists. But I do not assume that such tactics are common to atheists in general.

And I was sincere in suggesting that you keep searching. I feel that people find what they truly seek.

16. No, you were not being sincere. You were trying to game me.

I don't play. I don't bait. I discuss. If you want to discuss something with me, you'll have to lay off the crap. I don't care.

17. I read your other post. And I understand the anger.

I recommend a walk. It generally works for me.

:rotf:

18. **** that, OK?

I'm not going to take a walk. I'm pissed off, and plan to stay that way for a while. I won't play with you any longer. That's done.

Geez Rockhead, lighten up. Jesus loves you.

Offline SVPete

Re: guillaumeb and Rockhead get into it over God
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
If tomorrow God were to reveral Himself in a way that compelled them to acknowledge His existence, MM and TMN are the sort of atheist who would hate and fight against God for being compelled to believe in God's existence.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
Quote from:
MineralMan

I once left this group for a very long time over similar baiting.

Why would an atheist spend time in the Religion forum except to cause trouble and to tell people they're stupid for holding religious beliefs?

What a petulant little child George is.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 10:16:29 AM »
Why would an atheist spend time in the Religion forum except to cause trouble and to tell people they're stupid for holding religious beliefs?

I never met anyone who wanted to talk about God or religion more than an atheist. They never shut up about it.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:17 AM »
I never met anyone who wanted to talk about God or religion more than an atheist. They never shut up about it.

The equivalent of a Vegan or a Cross fitter.  :argh:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
:rotf:

Geez Rockhead, lighten up. Jesus loves you.

Jesus may love him but everyone else thinks he's an asshole.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 10:26:50 AM »
The equivalent of a Vegan or a Cross fitter.  :argh:
Or weed advocate.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:28 AM »
One doesn't have to look for God. God will find you when you are ready for Him.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 10:40:42 AM »

Yep. I seldom post in discussion sites' Religion forums because of the intentional threadjackery and baiting by atheists.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 11:56:57 AM »
Atheists deny the existence of God yet have no problem believing in the the big bang theory of of the universe being created.

The big bang posits that everything in the universe was once contained in an unbelievably minute spark of energy tinier than a single atom.

If that is the best they have, then belief in God is much easier.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 12:45:51 PM »
I've never understood why someone didn't challenge atheists in court when they want to have religious symbols removed.  If you remove all the religious symbols you are left with nothing ... which is atheism, is it not?  Why do they get to be special while shutting down everyone else.

I'd love to see that argument in court.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 01:15:56 PM »
I've never understood why someone didn't challenge atheists in court when they want to have religious symbols removed.  If you remove all the religious symbols you are left with nothing ... which is atheism, is it not?  Why do they get to be special while shutting down everyone else.

KC

They win because their wheel squeaks louder than others. And the other side doesn't want to be offensive. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Delmar

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 08:05:10 PM »
Response to guillaumeb (Reply #15)Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:07 PM
Star Member MineralMan (101,121 posts)
16. No, you were not being sincere. You were trying to game me.

I don't play. I don't bait. I discuss. If you want to discuss something with me, you'll have to lay off the crap. I don't care.

That reply reads like dialogue straight out of the late 60s ABC hit TV show The Mod Squad, all that's missing is a Hey Man!

Get a haircut, dirt head.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2017, 06:22:52 AM »

KC

It is interesting how atheists hate God (and Christians and Jews in particular), yet claim He doesn't exist.  The opposite of love is NOT hate -- it is indifference.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 07:32:03 AM »
It is interesting how atheists hate God (and Christians and Jews in particular), yet claim He doesn't exist.  The opposite of love is NOT hate -- it is indifference.

Well said.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 08:41:29 AM »
Cold Warrior over at DU Jr. is another crusader atheist desperate for people to proclaim the evangel of The Sacred Nothingness.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 08:47:13 AM »
Cold Warrior over at DU Jr. is another crusader atheist desperate for people to proclaim the evangel of The Sacred Nothingness.

Is he still living in Europe?
He always seemed to have a preference for it over the US.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 05:20:01 PM »
Interesting (at least to me) story my dad told a few years back when he was working with me...

The setting is an area wide state DOT office where my dad had moved up the "food chain" to a position of responsibility. He wasn't at the top of the food chain, but he was high enough up that he was essentially getting paid good money to simply be alive which is impressive considering he dropped out of school in the 7th grade and only has a GED.

A liberal, atheist bitch is arguing with a Bible-thumper about whether atheists are going to hell. I use the term "Bible-thumper" and "atheist" with all due respect. When it comes to "liberal" and "bitch" I suppose you can just ask yourself if I sound respectful.

When the liberal, atheist bitch saw my dad coming down the hall she got all excited and told the Bible-thumper that my dad could tell them the answer because he was a preacher. Below is the conversation...

Liberal, atheist bitch: He's a preacher he can tell us!
Chuck's Dad: Tell you what?
Liberal, atheist bitch: Are atheists going to hell?
Chuck's Dad: Nope. Sure ain't.
Liberal, atheist bitch (with her chest poked out like BB): See! He says we're not and he's a preacher!
Chuck's Dad: Yeah. An atheist doesn't believe that God exists and by the time you get to hell you'll have no doubt that He exists and will no longer be an atheist. You'll just be another person spending eternity in hell.
Liberal, atheist bitch: Uhhh? What????

“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 06:19:51 PM »

because that's what a good percentage of atheists do.
I've met a *few* who were very reasonable people. But for the most part, no.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 06:32:41 PM »
because that's what a good percentage of atheists do.
I've met a *few* who were very reasonable people. But for the most part, no.

There are generally two kinds of atheists: real atheists and pretend atheists. You can have a genuine conversation with a real atheist. Unfortunately, most people who call themselves atheists (including almost all at DU) are pretend atheists.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 10:18:19 PM »
There are generally two kinds of atheists: real atheists and pretend atheists. You can have a genuine conversation with a real atheist. Unfortunately, most people who call themselves atheists (including almost all at DU) are pretend atheists.

That's the thing, it's not about religion at all to those types. The hateful bastards just use it as an excuse to insult or call someone stupid.

A true agnostic personality will almost always listen and think. I have had a few conversations with non-believers who nod their head at a good point and actually think about it.
Of course, I've never changed anyones mind on the subject, but civil arguing (or rather, debate) can be pretty rewarding for both people if neither are an a**hole.

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2017, 03:59:04 AM »
That's the thing, it's not about religion at all to those types. The hateful bastards just use it as an excuse to insult or call someone stupid.

A true agnostic personality will almost always listen and think. I have had a few conversations with non-believers who nod their head at a good point and actually think about it.
Of course, I've never changed anyones mind on the subject, but civil arguing (or rather, debate) can be pretty rewarding for both people if neither are an a**hole.
Good point, or they just do it because they think it makes them a "non- conformist."
At least this way, we've learned that we won't have to worry about Rockhead stinking up Heaven with his foul presence.

Offline tuolumnejim

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
Well so far theres more pfood of God than Russian collusion.  :-)
A people... who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything.

GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter to Benjamin Harrison

"Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%."
Thomas Jefferson