Author Topic: White 77yo woman here. Where be all the Negros?  (Read 1638 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
White 77yo woman here. Where be all the Negros?
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:39:04 PM »
bobbieinok (8,572 posts) https://www.democraticunderground.com/118763420

White 77yo woman here. Have the voices in this forum been silenced?? Have seen few recent posts

I have learned a lot from posts in this forum. I was aware many had left or been pushed out, but wanted to know what's going on??

:rotf:

Star Member WhiteTara (21,476 posts)

1. You answered your own question

I was aware many had left or been pushed out, but wanted to know what's going on??

tonyt53 (4,950 posts)

3. White 65 y/o male here, lifelong Dem. I honestly feel us older folk are no longer welcome.

I feel that we our concept of equality for all with a welcome attitude for those that may have a different view on certain issues (such as abortion for one) are no longer welcome.

Star Member asiliveandbreathe (2,715 posts)

4. I have a thought this morning...I have pulled back on my comments

I am woman..70 yrs young...as you know we have been through much in those years..from war, to the many fights for equality for ALL people...yet here we are - who would have thought we would be fighting for the very existence of these United States and the IDEA of Democracy ...

When the subject changes from evil to good I will be glad to participate more fully..

Right now I have the OBLIGATION to keep my sons and daughter free and safe so they may enjoy a future of prosperity that we have enjoyed most of our lives....my conversation with my retired Navy Chief (21 years in the service of this country) who now is ready to leave behind his country he so loves...he is a most gracious, caring, loving, and funny man...my only weapon - remain positive in the face of so much hate...

I did not bring them up to hate - but to understand ALL people are different in so many ways, and we need to recognize that for every bad in the world, we are the peacekeepers...for everyone we meet...

My children have been given full reign of their decisions and will always encourage them to do the most good for the most people..but always put your own oxygen mask on first...that is the only way to be sure you are able to help others....

I will continue to read most posts here..but have few words to offer for now..

Peace to you and to all good will....

::)

Star Member left-of-center2012 (8,082 posts)

11. Well, I'm a 71 year old guy

I have posted here, rarely, when I feel I have a news story or article of particular interest to this forum.
Otherwise I usually post to General Discussion.

Someone mentioned 'ageism'. Maybe just not being aware, but I have not seen that as much as I have seen
"Thou shall not voice an opinion different from the majority"
or you will be alerted on, and often lose.

If the majority likes red apples, you are risking an alert to say
"I think those yellow Golden Delicious apples have some merit".

A couple times I have voiced (politely and friendly) my thoughts on an issue
and been told I would be happier going to a non-DU website.

Oh well, I have an 'ignore' button.

^ pretty sure he is a white guy...

Star Member JustAnotherGen (24,356 posts)

15. As Group Host

It's tough for me to answer this question.

I'm going to try and do so in a way that is respectful to DU as a hole and is not a TOS Violation.

There was for a few years concentrated attacks on some. Some voices were silenced. And those of us in solidarity with them are now 'with them' but in other forums/online formats. Example - bravenak and 1strong on twitter.

:rotf:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: White 77yo woman here. Where be all the Negros?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:18:14 AM »
in a way that is respectful to DU as a hole

Hey, one of them gets it.
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:23 AM »
I'm going to try and do so in a way that is respectful to DU as a hole ...

Hmmmm, is there a hyphen missing in that clause? :-)

There was for a few years concentrated attacks on some. Some voices were silenced. And those of us in solidarity with them are now 'with them' but in other forums/online formats. Example - bravenak and 1strong on twitter.

Why does "concentrated attacks" sound so much like the "assaults" were of truth and reality?

And what's the honky old biddies and curmudgeons invading the AfAm forum? And not being told to STFU?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 07:37:54 AM »
Star Member JustAnotherGen (24,356 posts)

15. As Group Host

It's tough for me to answer this question.

I'm going to try and do so in a way that is respectful to DU as a hole and is not a TOS Violation.

Had Mrs. Corpio kept his vow to discover who wrote that hate letter to braveneck there would be at least one more active member in that forum. 
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 08:23:05 AM »
Smells like a BENGAY factory in that thread.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 09:22:11 AM »
There was for a few years concentrated attacks on some. Some voices were silenced. And those of us in solidarity with them are now 'with them'

And The food at the FEMA camps is not to bad, they have bingo on wednesday's. However Fox is on all the time 24 /7.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »

Maybe they can all get together and do a group buy on Geritol. :lmao: :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »

I smell vitamins, desperation, and a hint of "wet dog"  :-)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline SVPete

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 11:04:58 AM »
Blazing Saddles II: "Where the Black Folk at?"
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 11:50:14 AM »
yet here we are - who would have thought we would be fighting for against the very existence of these United States and the IDEA of Democracy ...

FIFY