Author Topic: Have you lost any friends or family over their support of Trump/GOP?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline AzJames73

• Deplorable
Chasstev365 (4,880 posts)                     https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029962984

Have you lost any friends or family over their support of Trump/GOP?
I had a friend who loves Scott Walker and Bill O'Reilly. I tolerated it even though his wife, get this, is a teacher! When they claimed people and the media weren't giving Trump a chance last Spring, I had enough and dropped all contact with them.

While it sucks to lose a friend, I just decided I did not need people like that in my life.

Rorey (628 posts)
7. Well, I didn't divorce my husband yet

It's still a possibility. I'm a very patient person and am waiting this out to see if what comes out of Mueller's investigation has any effect on husband's brain. We don't talk about it much anymore, which is very difficult. As far as the other idiots that were in my life, yes, I've lost them. My adult kids all feel the same way I do, and none of us interact with their aunts, uncles and cousins who weren't against trump. I rarely talk to my brother, and that's probably the way it'll stay from now on.

Even if the trump/gop supporters come around in their thinking, I don't think I'll ever be able to get past the fact that they voted that way. Too much damage has already been done, and some of it is irreparable.

(Just want to add, my husband is 66 and is showing signs of cognitive decline and possible dementia. I can't see myself walking out on that, as difficult as it is.)

You are one sad individual.

JimGinPA (6,907 posts)
9. Yes

I completely cut a couple of my longtime friends out of my life because of the last presidential election. During the both 2008 and 2012 elections we had light-hearted Facebook back-and-forth discussions and friendly arguments, but last year the racism became obvious and the stupidity became too much to tolerate any longer.

Loser. Cut longtime friends over politics ? I have a dozen friends that are lefties. We do not talk about politics. Simple as that.  :loser:

Offline BadCat

• I H8 Liberals
Re: Have you lost any friends or family over their support of Trump/GOP?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:36:52 AM »
I know some lefties, I don't socialize with them. 
Help keep America beautiful...deface a liberal.

The Democrat and Republican parties are simply the left and right wings of the same bird of prey.

The road to freedom is paved with dead liberals.

21fadb4221652b86382c8f73526880b7

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 07:57:37 AM »
You are one sad individual.

Loser. Cut longtime friends over politics ? I have a dozen friends that are lefties. We do not talk about politics. Simple as that.  :loser:

And the ones that want to talk politics with me, cut ME off!

No loss...
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
Any normal person would not want to associate with people who are so filled with hate and intolerance for those with a different view. So all you dummies are just doing normal folks a favor by ignoring them. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 08:23:33 AM »
And the ones that want to talk politics with me, cut ME off!

Exactly! The OP said,

Chasstev365 (4,880 posts)

But really meant,

Chasstev365 (4,880 posts)                     https://www.democraticunderground.com/10029962984

Have you cut off any friends or family over their support of Trump/GOP? And if not, why not?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:26:19 AM »
Um, no.  I have readily acknowledged to close friends that I voted for President Trump, even to those who lean liberal.  Hasn't affected our relationships in the least bit.

Life isn't all about politics, DUmpmonkeys.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »
Actually all my friends voted for him too.  :-)

That's why he is president!
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2017, 05:47:57 PM »
Rorey (628 posts)
7. Well, I didn't divorce my husband yet

It's still a possibility. I'm a very patient person and am waiting this out to see if what comes out of Mueller's investigation has any effect on husband's brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqyEHqEYho
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 07:03:07 PM »

So for your party you go to your grave alone, unloved, unliked, estranged from family, no friends and see nothing wrong with it. 

Then you freaking idiots wonder why you are so miserable.   :mental:
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 08:23:20 PM »
>am waiting this out to see if what comes out of Mueller's investigation

The dummies are so stupid they may have confused Muller with Euler ...

http://www.storyofmathematics.com/18th_euler.html

The problem was to find a route through the city that would cross each bridge once and only once...

In fact, Euler proved that the problem has no solution, but in doing so he made the important conceptual leap of pointing out that the choice of route within each landmass is irrelevant and the only important feature is the sequence of bridges crossed. This allowed him to reformulate the problem in abstract terms, replacing each land mass with an abstract node and each bridge with an abstract connection. This resulted in a mathematical structure called a “graph”, a pictorial representation made up of points (vertices) connected by non-intersecting curves (arcs), which may be distorted in any way without changing the graph itself. In this way, Euler was able to deduce that, because the four land masses in the original problem are touched by an odd number of bridges, the existence of a walk traversing each bridge once only inevitably leads to a contradiction. If Königsberg had had one fewer bridges, on the other hand, with an even number of bridges leading to each piece of land, then a solution would have been possible.

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 09:49:45 PM »

I had a friend who loves Scott Walker and Bill O'Reilly. I tolerated it even though his wife, get this, is a teacher! When they claimed people and the media weren't giving Trump a chance last Spring, I had enough and dropped all contact with them.

While it sucks to lose a friend, I just decided I did not need people like that in my life.

JimGinPA (6,907 posts)
9. Yes

I completely cut a couple of my longtime friends out of my life because of the last presidential election. During the both 2008 and 2012 elections we had light-hearted Facebook back-and-forth discussions and friendly arguments, but last year the racism became obvious and the stupidity became too much to tolerate any longer.

Let's see shall we. The problem is you. Not anyone else. It is you!
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du