Author Topic: Judge in Flynn case recuses himself  (Read 1159 times)

Offline mrclose

Judge in Flynn case recuses himself
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:12:29 AM »

The judge who took a guilty plea from President Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn last week has recused himself ahead of a sentencing hearing.

A court spokeswoman confirmed to Politico and other outlets that the case was reassigned after Judge Rudolph Contreras, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, recused himself.

Judge Emmet Sullivan, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, was randomly selected to take his place in the case.

The switch comes after Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russians in the month before Trump took office.

Flynn's guilty plea is the most dramatic development yet in special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Trump campaign associates' ties to Russia.

I am seeing a lot of speculation on why this Judge is stepping down.

One is that there are public reports that Mueller and company hid exculpatory evidence from Flynn prior to the plea.

This obligates the Judge to report Mueller and company for possible bar violation or even illegal conduct.

So the Judge is getting the heck out now.
(I don't know if this is true and I haven't looked for these 'reports')

The other 'theory' is tied to the screen capture below.
(I'll let you guess on that one!)

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/363885-judge-in-flynn-cases-recuses-himself

"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous

Offline thundley4

Re: Judge in Flynn case recuses himself
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:27:53 AM »
The FBI and DOJ do not want to talk about Strzok and his role in the FISA warrants and Steele dossier. The whole Trump/Russia investigation is tainted by Mueller, his agents and the democrats he hired.

Trump was right when he said the whole thing is a witch hunt.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:34 AM »
The whole Trump / Russia investigation is a joke , and it should end with those responsible for it being probed and prosecuted.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline mrclose

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:20 PM »
Yesterday I said that I couldn't confirm any of the 'theories' surrounding this Judges recusal.

Today, I am almost certain that this was the Judge who granted the FISA warrant after another FISA Judge refused to grant it!

This is an excellent article on the subject that has me leaning toward collusion between the 'Justice Department' and this Judge.

THE BIG UGLY – Why U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras Recusal From Mike Flynn Case is a Big Deal…

Last night news broke that U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras “has been recused” from the case overseeing the prosecution of General Mike Flynn. Details are vague. According to Reuters, both the judge and the Flynn legal team have yet to comment.

Additionally, there is no concrete answer as to whether the recusal was done by the judge himself or was forced upon him. While the reasoning is the key, the difference between the two options adds another layer of consequence within the rest of this outline.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/12/08/the-big-ugly-why-u-s-district-court-judge-rudolph-contreras-recusal-from-mike-flynn-case-is-a-big-deal/
"When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead.
It is difficult only for the others.

It is the same when you are stupid."

~ Anonymous