Author Topic: President Trump shows himself a man of goodwill  (Read 1053 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
President Trump shows himself a man of goodwill
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:08:34 PM »
http://sandhillsexpress.com/abc_politics/trump-urging-longestserving-republican-senator-to-run-for-reelection-abcid36005520/

It's something his predecessor never showed.

Trump urging longest-serving Republican senator to run for re-election

(SALT LAKE CITY) — President Trump is going all-in to encourage the longest-serving Republican senator, 83-year-old Orrin
Hatch of Utah, to run for an eighth term.

“You are a true fighter, Orrin, I have to say,” Trump said Monday during his announcement in Salt Lake City rolling back the scale of two national monuments in Utah.

“We hope you continue to serve your state and your country in the Senate for a very long time,” Trump said.

Hatch, coming off a big win after the tax reform bill drafted by his committee cleared the Senate on Friday, shared a round-trip flight with the president on Air Force One on Monday. And on Thursday, Hatch in a press release said the president accepted his invitation to come to Utah and that the president told him on a phone call last month “I’m approving the Bears Ears recommendation for you, Orrin.”

Amidst a sea of Congressional Republicans increasingly frustrated with the president, Hatch has consistently remained a Trump loyalist ever since the 2016 presidential campaign.....

“He’s been one of the best presidents I’ve served under,” Hatch, who took office during the Carter administration, said.

But the president’s reciprocal strong public support for Hatch is not just a vote of confidence in the Utah senator. It also has the effect of sending a not-so-veiled message to Mitt Romney, whose name has been floated as a potential replacement for Hatch should he retire.

Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential candidate, has long been critical of Trump. Last year, he referred to Trump as a phony and a fraud during remarks at the University of Utah, and implored people not to vote for him.

During a tour of the Latter-day Saints Church food services facility in Utah, Trump was asked if he was sending a message to Romney by encouraging Hatch to run for re-election.

The president, referring to Romney, replied: “He’s a good man.”.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: President Trump shows himself a man of goodwill
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:34:34 AM »
Romney tried to get the SofS job, which ultimately went to a Texas oilman--Rex Tillerson.  I think ol' Mitt's still pissed over that one. :whistling:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:31 AM »
I can't stand romney, when he was Trump bashing and acting like a spoiled child really turned me off. He is just another taxaholic limousine liberal, and a sore loser like kasich.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:54 PM »
Hatch is just another career politician who doesn't know when to give up power. Ditto for Romney, who just can't decide which state to associate himself with.

I saw Romney take credit for the 2002 Olympics that he had virtually nothing to do with. When the two guys on the USOC got shitcanned for offering bribes to the IOC (like all countries do) and Romney walked in to "save" the Olympics, we all living in the Salt Lake Valley saw firsthand just how disingenuous, fake, phony, and fraudulent Romney really is.

Why can't Utahns get a candidate who isn't an f'n career politician?
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.