Author Topic: I Think Misogynist Thoughts, Apparently  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I Think Misogynist Thoughts, Apparently
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:16:54 PM »
I am the Webmaster, Treasurer, and Facebook Admin for the Association of Military Musicians. The FB page was set up in 2010, I think. By a female, who has since stopped being a member.

The "female" part is important to the story.

The group's mission statement read, in part, "a fraternal organization dedicated to the preservation of military music....."

Keep in mind that AMM is a viable organization. Membership is small, at about 110 active members. The FB page, because it's free, numbers over 1,800.

Enter in one woman, then joined in commentary by a second woman. Both are apparently retired military musicians. I never served with either of them; apparently they served at a premier Army band, probably TUSAB in D.C.

One of them demanded of one of the other Admins of the page, "can this mission statement <specifically the word "fraternal"> be seriously reviewed?"

I thereupon began asking this person a series of questions about why she wanted to question the presence of that word and specifically what her objection to that word was.

She responded by posting a definition of the term.

She finally admitted that she believed the word to signify that AMM is a group solely for men. Of course, this is ridiculous on its face. The term "fraternal" goes beyond gender, but this person evidently finds the term offensive.

One look at this critter's FB page shows a female who is quite close in proximity to another female. Kinda looks to me like this critter has an agenda...

Another look at the mission statement indicates that the other Admin must have changed it to remove the "offensive" word.

It grinds my ass that the little snowflakes find something like a single word to bitch about -- neither one of them are paid members of AMM, btw -- yet find a target. And my fellow Admin caves into that sort of thing.

I am becoming more and more crotchety on this kind of stupid shit. On my f'n birthday, no less.   :argh:   :mad:

</rant>

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: I Think Misogynist Thoughts, Apparently
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »
A word of advice for your female SJW cohort.

Picked a female "sorority" at random, but all are similarly phrased:

http://chiomega.com/about-us/the-history-of-chi-omega/

Founded in 1895 at the University of Arkansas, Chi Omega is the largest women’s fraternal organization in the world with over 350,000 initiates, 180 collegiate chapters, and over 240 alumnae chapters. Throughout Chi Omega’s long and proud history, the Fraternity has brought its members unequaled opportunities for personal growth and development.

Tell "her' to put that in her pipe & smoke it.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »
A word of advice for your female SJW cohort.

Picked a female "sorority" at random, but all are similarly phrased:

http://chiomega.com/about-us/the-history-of-chi-omega/

Founded in 1895 at the University of Arkansas, Chi Omega is the largest women’s fraternal organization in the world with over 350,000 initiates, 180 collegiate chapters, and over 240 alumnae chapters. Throughout Chi Omega’s long and proud history, the Fraternity has brought its members unequaled opportunities for personal growth and development.

Tell "her' to put that in her pipe & smoke it.

:cheersmate:

Thanks, Ralph. I did just that. Excellent find, and thanks for the tip. h5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:07:44 PM by Eupher »

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 07:45:45 AM »
Caving to and placating bullies empowers bullies. That female needs to have her ass handed to her, metaphorically.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
:cheersmate:

Thanks, Ralph. I did just that. Excellent find, and thanks for the tip. h5

At least I learned something in college! :-)
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
Caving to and placating bullies empowers bullies. That female needs to have her ass handed to her, metaphorically.

She backed off some when she realized that her "observation" was going to be addressed by me posing a series of questions, all of which were designed to expose her hatred for men.

Ralph's information was spot-on and it effectively shut down the argument, except for the two morons who have reading comprehension problems and want to pile on, just because it fits their own agenda.

I spoke with a fellow member (dues-paying) on the matter today and I told him the best course of action is to let the thread die. The word will NOT be removed from the web site - not without my full-fledged argument with dues-paying members. The FB wanna-bes can all pound sand. Just not gonna entertain their "observation".

The thread should die a natural death.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »
When she asked if the statment could be reviewed she should have been told no. And then told her you weren't really interested in changing it just for her. the earth revolves around the sun , not her.

You can't cave to these people.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:54:48 AM »
When she asked if the statment could be reviewed she should have been told no. And then told her you weren't really interested in changing it just for her. the earth revolves around the sun , not her.

You can't cave to these people.

I tend to be blunt, but not that blunt.

I still believe that the best approach is the let the thread die. The site's header will not change.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 10:07:02 PM »
I tend to be blunt, but not that blunt.

I still believe that the best approach is the let the thread die. The site's header will not change.

Your instincts are right, I think.  If it becomes unavoidable later, I suggest putting it to a vote...of PAID members ONLY.  Then let the chips fall where they may, the membership decides for good or ill.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.