Author Topic: Tropical Storm Fay Arrives in Florida  (Read 6527 times)

Offline Peter3_1

Re: Forecasters: Floridians should prepare for hurricane Fay
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 09:33:38 AM »
Did  you see the bozo who tried to sail/kite surf? Picked hin up, slamed him onto the sand after 50 yds in the air, picked him up ahain, and slamed him into a building another 50 yds along. Word is he isn't that bad, and is expected to live.

But it was a CLEAR attempt to make the "Darwin" list.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 09:53:21 AM »
Did  you see the bozo who tried to sail/kite surf? Picked hin up, slamed him onto the sand after 50 yds in the air, picked him up ahain, and slamed him into a building another 50 yds along. Word is he isn't that bad, and is expected to live.

I vote we hammer his testicles into a useless pulp against a seawall and give him an honorable mention. :II:

Turds like that are the reason Arizona has the 'Stupid Motorist' Law.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2008, 10:00:33 AM »
Minus the storm damage, Florida could use the rian.  So could we here in Western NC.  Hope it comes here and hangs out for a few days.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:37 AM »

indeed.  the 8AM computer models  make you realize just how inexact a science this storm tracking thingy really is . . .

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »
Minus the storm damage, Florida could use the rian.  So could we here in Western NC.  Hope it comes here and hangs out for a few days.

According to what I just heard on Fox News and on our local news earlier....it "should" be heading up this way Thursday or early Friday. Depending on where you are, if it's going to come here (E TN)...you'll get it too. We haven't had rain in a couple of weeks and we are really needing it! We're back in "severe drought" range again. :(
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 10:43:34 AM »

video of the unfortunate kite surfer

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
Re: Tropical Storm Fay Arrives in Florida
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 10:52:18 AM »
this may be a dumb question, but when he was being dragged on the sand...why didn't he let go?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »
this may be a dumb question, but when he was being dragged on the sand...why didn't he let go?

I think you actually buckle yourself into the thing.  which was his first, and perhaps most tragic mistake.

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 11:00:58 PM »

unfortunate kite surfer

I didn't know that's how you spelled dumbass. ;-)

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 11:14:21 PM »
It's blowing and raining out there right now. Nothing to awful bad though. The worrisome thing is the latest forecast track done by a local TV station, (who remarkably over the years have done a better job than the hurricane center) have it coming back my way as a category 1 hurricane Thursday morning. Still just nothing more than a pain in the ass though. We do have some flooding going on but that's normal for me here when it rains.  :banghead:

The freaking skeeters which have been horrendous so far this year are going to love all this water. You know they are bad when there's a bunch in the house with you.  :thatsright:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

yikes!  this isn't supposed to happen. :o

Fay Surprises Over Land

Meanwhile, Tropical Storm Fay surprised forecasters and intensified as it moved over land and through Central Florida Tuesday.

"(The system) has had a weird run," Local 6 meteorologist Tom Sorrells said. "Since (morning) it has actually intensified."

Fay's winds jumped from maximum sustained gusts of 60 mph to 65 mph during a time it was expected to weaken.

"The worst thing that can happen is that people forget about Fay and deal with the rain showers as they happen and say the weekend is coming," Local 6 meteorologist Eric Wilson said.

Yikes

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2008, 10:46:40 PM »

this storm is retarded. :whatever:

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2008, 11:50:23 PM »
For 3 days, the weather prognosticators have said it would end up in the Tn Valley area.

Tonight....they said it's doubtful we will get any rain from it..... :(

I don't think they really know what it's going to do except flood the heck out of FL!

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2008, 06:31:03 AM »
For 3 days, the weather prognosticators have said it would end up in the Tn Valley area.

I don't think they really know what it's going to do except flood the heck out of FL!

It's doing a great job of it too. We are in the middle of a "historical rain event" AKA alot of ****ing water is getting dumped on our heads 24/7 going on three straight days now.  ::) It's freaking miserable out there. The ditches have reached capacity and we have some big damn deep ditches here. Now the roads are filling up. The Weather services advice? Turn Around, Don't Drown. catchy huh?  :banghead:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2008, 07:56:16 AM »

Dang.  We are in serious need of rain up here.  It looks like mid Fall around my house....leaves dropping and the grass is "crunchy".
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »

Dang.  We are in serious need of rain up here.  It looks like mid Fall around my house....leaves dropping and the grass is "crunchy".

I noticed yesterday that some of our trees and bushes have leaves that are turning color, and the leaves are really starting to drop. I know we haven't had rain in at least 2-3 weeks.

This morning's local weather report said it would be Monday or Tuesday before we "might" get any rain.....temps are in the low to mid 90's and air quality sucks.

Heard that some places in FL may get up to 30 INCHES MORE!!!!! :o

Offline Willow

• Limousine
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2008, 06:55:45 AM »

I wish i could bottle some up for you. It's not reached the panhandle yet but she's a comin!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »

It's a democrat.  It always spins to the left, peole dread its approach, it changes direction without warning and leaves a mess behind for someone else to clean up. 

Offline Hawkgirl

• Alpha Female
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »

It's a democrat.  It always spins to the left, peole dread its approach, it changes direction without warning and leaves a mess behind for someone else to clean up. 

:lmao: :cheersmate:

Offline Sadie

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2008, 04:10:46 PM »
My daughter was sent home from work today so the workers could prepare for the storm in Pensacola. She was told to expect as much as 16 inches of rain. I was there last October and ended up in the middle of a fierce storm. Tornadoes struck a block away from my hotel and tore up the shopping center next door to the hotel. Buckets of water poured down in seconds. scary...

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2008, 05:15:11 PM »
My daughter was sent home from work today so the workers could prepare for the storm in Pensacola. She was told to expect as much as 16 inches of rain. I was there last October and ended up in the middle of a fierce storm. Tornadoes struck a block away from my hotel and tore up the shopping center next door to the hotel. Buckets of water poured down in seconds. scary...

scary? nawww just a typical summer afternoon in Florida and over in tornado alley.   ::)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2008, 09:53:19 PM »

its still summer here in Seattle but the leaves are turning red.. and there are some brilliant oranges popping up as well..

actually, the leaves started turning red in our backyard at the end of July..

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2008, 10:15:38 PM »
The leaves here aren't doing a damn thing.  If anything, it got hotter.  We had a good streak of high-80's weather for a few weeks.
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2008, 10:24:15 PM »
The leaves here aren't doing a damn thing.  If anything, it got hotter.  We had a good streak of high-80's weather for a few weeks.

damn global warming.. it got into the 90s here   :popcorn: