Author Topic: Appeals court upholds CIA leak lawsuit dismissal (another setback for Plame)  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour

Appeals court upholds CIA leak lawsuit dismissal

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday dismissed former CIA analyst Valerie Plame's lawsuit against Vice President Dick Cheney and several former Bush administration officials for disclosing her identity to the public.

The Court of Appeals in Washington dealt another setback to the former spy, who has said her career was destroyed when officials blew her cover in 2003 to retaliate against her husband, Iraq war critic Joseph Wilson.

Plame's outing led a lengthy criminal investigation, which resulted in the conviction of Cheney's top aide, Lewis "Scooter" Libby, for perjury and obstruction of justice.

President George W. Bush commuted Libby's 2 1/2-year prison sentence last year.

Plame and Wilson sought money damages from Cheney, Libby, former White House aide Karl Rove and former State Department official Richard Armitage for violating their constitutional free speech, due process and privacy rights.

More

Offline Jim

Good...

silly cow.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline ReaganForRushmore

Actually Joe Wilson ans Valerie Plame are very fortunate that the appeals court threw the case out. If the case had continued, discovery works both ways. Facts are stubborn things and the fact that Valerie sent Joe to Niger, that Joe lied repeatedly, that Valerie outed herself in Vanity Fair, that Scooter didn't out her, Richard Armitage did..............and on and on and on.

Offline Airwolf

If I was Scooter libby I'd see about a lawsuit against Joe and Valerie.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Lucy yanks the football once again. It's still not Fitzmas!!

[insert picture of that kid from The Simpsons]
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Yes! That one! :-)

HA HA!!
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Jim

Actually Joe Wilson ans Valerie Plame are very fortunate that the appeals court threw the case out. If the case had continued, discovery works both ways. Facts are stubborn things and the fact that Valerie sent Joe to Niger, that Joe lied repeatedly, that Valerie outed herself in Vanity Fair, that Scooter didn't out her, Richard Armitage did..............and on and on and on.

her kids outted her as well.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline jinxmchue

Lucy yanks the football once again. It's still not Fitzmas!!

[insert picture of that kid from The Simpsons]

No Fitzmas for you!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
This case is stale and lame like the Plame is. 
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du