Author Topic: Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test  (Read 1975 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test
« on: August 09, 2008, 07:23:11 PM »
Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test

By HOPE YEN, Associated Press Writer http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080809/ap_on_el_pr/edwards_hunter
28 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The ex-mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards said Saturday she will not participate in DNA testing to establish the paternity of her daughter.

Rielle Hunter's lawyer, Robert Gordon, says his client is a private individual who wishes to maintain the privacy of herself and her daughter.

In a statement, Gordon says that Hunter is ruling out any kind of testing that could establish who the daughter's father is.

"Rielle will not participate in DNA testing or any other invasion of her or her daughter's privacy now or in the future," he said.

On Friday, Edwards admitted to having an extramarital affair with Hunter in 2006 but denied that he was the father of Hunter's 5-month-old daughter. Edwards said he will take a paternity test to prove he is not the father.

The decision by Hunter means that the issue of who the father will remain an open question.

Hunter's daughter, Frances Quinn Hunter, was born on Feb. 27 this year, and no father's name is given on the birth certificate filed in California.

A former Edwards campaign staff member professes to be the father.

Edwards, a former North Carolina senator who was the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2004, confessed to ABC News that he had lied repeatedly about the affair with Hunter, then 42, who produced videos for Edwards as he prepared to launch his presidential campaign.

In an interview which aired on ABC's "Nightline" on Friday night, Edwards said he would be willing to take a paternity test to put the issue to rest but wasn't sure whether Hunter would be willing to.

"I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established," Edwards said.

The National Enquirer first reported on the affair in October 2007, in the run-up to the Democratic primaries, and Edwards denied it.

Last month, the Enquirer carried another story — the blaring headline referred to an Edwards "love child" — stating that its reporters had accosted Edwards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles where he had met with Hunter after her child's birth. Edwards called it "tabloid trash."

In her statement Friday, Elizabeth Edwards said it wasn't easy to find out about the extramarital affair in 2006 but indicated she did not believe that her husband was the father of Hunter's daughter.

"This was our private matter, and I frankly wanted it to be private because as painful as it was I did not want to have to play it out on a public stage as well," she said. "Because of a recent string of hurtful and absurd lies in a tabloid publication, because of a picture falsely suggesting that John was spending time with a child it wrongly alleged he had fathered outside our marriage, our private matter could no longer be wholly private."

Edwards declared his presidential candidacy in December 2006. His wife campaigned enthusiastically with him and by herself in the months that followed. She announced in March 2007 that her cancer, formerly in remission, had returned and there apparently was no cure.

Edwards dropped out midway through this year's primaries. He recently endorsed Barack Obama and had been mentioned as a possible running mate. But as rumors spread of Edwards' possible affair it became clear that he would not likely speak at the Democratic National Convention later this month in Denver.

AHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Re: Edwards ex-mistress rules out paternity test
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »
So if it's not his child, then she was cheating on him while he was cheating on his wife with her. I don't buy his "I did not father that woman's child" line at all.

If that's not his kid, why was he in that hotel in the middle of the night? I thought this was "over"?
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline RightCoast

• Semper Fi means more than most will ever know
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 07:33:08 PM »
Edwards ex-mistress rules out pissing of her sugardaddy

fixt
nine eleven is a car
nine one one is an emergency service
September 11, 2001 was an attack
Never Forget, or Minimize.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 09:15:03 PM »
Well then if she wants to do this then she had better hope and pray that someday her kid doesn't need some kind of bone marrow transplant  or kidney or anything that requires John Edwards to be the donor. He's just big enough of a snake to say screw you.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:00:07 PM »
Well then if she wants to do this then she had better hope and pray that someday her kid doesn't need some kind of bone marrow transplant  or kidney or anything that requires John Edwards to be the donor. He's just big enough of a snake to say screw you.
You are looking at it wrong.  This is coordinated deception.  Edwards is off the hook now as far as proving anything.  The woman won't cooperate....that's the story and he's sticking to it.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 01:00:57 AM »
Edwards ex-mistress rules out pissing of her sugardaddy

fixt

Exactly, and you just went to 50 for that.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2008, 07:18:24 AM »
You are looking at it wrong.  This is coordinated deception.  Edwards is off the hook now as far as proving anything.  The woman won't cooperate....that's the story and he's sticking to it.

indeed. They have played it exactly right to get this monkey off of Edward's back. It doesn't matter much though. His career is still toast.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2008, 08:42:58 AM »
a private individual who wishes to maintain the privacy of herself and her daughter

Yeah, the first part may be true, but when you went media whoring (not to metion becoming a homewrecker with a nationally-known political figure), any chance of maintaining your privacy pretty much got shot to shit.  So unless "da baby daddy" is ponying up SERIOUS caysh to keep your little love child in sterling silver Pampers/private schools/MTV-style Sweet 16 parties, you might want to reconsider that DNA test.  After all, as has been mentioned before, dude IS a lawyer and won't hesitate one second to throw you under/through/over/on the bus if he thinks he can legally get away with it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
I bet she's getting money via the other guy who claims to be the father of the baby. I bet the bank records between these three would be interesting reading. He's a lawyer. I'm sure he's set everything up.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline delilahmused

• Devil Mom
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
"This was our private matter, and I frankly wanted it to be private because as painful as it was I did not want to have to play it out on a public stage as well,"  she said. "Because of a recent string of hurtful and absurd lies in a tabloid publication, because of a picture falsely suggesting that John was spending time with a child it wrongly alleged he had fathered outside our marriage, our private matter could no longer be wholly private."

So this woman whose spent her entire adult life being an attention whore suddenly wants privacy? Something smells here.

Cindie
"If God built me a ladder to heaven, I would climb it and elbow drop the world."
Mick Foley

"I am a very good shot. I have hunted for every kind of animal. But I would never kill an animal during mating season."
Hedy Lamarr

"I'm just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It's just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade."
Morticia Addams

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 04:03:36 PM »
So if it's not his child, then she was cheating on him while he was cheating on his wife with her. I don't buy his "I did not father that woman's child" line at all.

If that's not his kid, why was he in that hotel in the middle of the night? I thought this was "over"?

Yep.  Married men with nothing to hide don't visit their mistress and her child at 2am in a hotel. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline Zeus

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 04:17:06 PM »

Yep.  Married men with nothing to hide don't visit their mistress and her child at 2am in a hotel. 

Aren't you paying attention. He admitted to the affair but he didn't impale  :-*
It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 04:20:44 PM »

Aren't you paying attention. He admitted to the affair but he didn't impale  :-*

No, he said the affair was back in 2006.  Why the heck would he still be in contact with her within the last month and seeing her in a hotel room at 2am?
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
I bet she's getting money via the other guy who claims to be the father of the baby. I bet the bank records between these three would be interesting reading. He's a lawyer. I'm sure he's set everything up.

She's supposedly in a $3 million house in CA.

Someone is paying her a whole bunch of money to not submit to a DNA test.

Kind of like one of those civil lawsuits where everyone involved signs a form to not publicly discuss/disclose any of the settlement terms.....it's still hush money....however much it "prettied" up in legal terms.

Whatever arrangement's been made.....Hunter won't be a fool and submit her daughter to a DNA test....and have the money stop. I'd venture a guess that she has everything she wants right now.
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
And the DUmpmonkeys have bent over backwards to accept this pack of lies. *eyeroll*