Author Topic: The Bakken Oil Formation: Welcome to the Next Oil Boom  (Read 1129 times)

Offline Lauri

The Bakken Oil Formation: Welcome to the Next Oil Boom
« on: August 09, 2008, 08:36:49 AM »
i got this from my father in law a couple of days ago.. but its still newsworth.

The Bakken Oil Formation:
Welcome to the Next Oil Boom

August 6th, 2008
The U.S. Geological Survey just published its official results of a groundbreaking study.

Its report confirmed a massive oil reserve in an area the locals have nicknamed the "Bakken," which stretches across North Dakota, Montana and southeastern Saskatchewan.
The new USGS study estimates a whopping 3.65 billion barrels of oil in the Bakken... but here's what they didn't mention:

The reported 3.65 billion barrels of oil mean estimate is for 'undiscovered' oil only, and doesn't include known oil, such as reserves.

In fact, the study reports a 25-fold increase in the amount of oil that can be recovered... compared to the agency's estimate back in 1995.

Discovered over 50 years ago, the Bakken deposit--once impossible to extract--is now being hailed as the single largest oil find in US history.

That's because, today, thanks to breakthrough drilling techniques like horizontal drilling, the Bakken's oil shales can be extracted relatively cheaply.

When that happens, this light, sweet oil will cost Americans just $16 per barrel!

The next oil boom is already upon us.

And, considering that oil prices are likely to remain above $100 a barrel, the time for shock is over. Investors are now faced with an unprecedented opportunity to play the U.S. and Canada's new hottest oil stocks... several of which are poised to make 300% gains during 2008.

To get the full details on the Bakken and the leading stocks behind it--before the story goes mainstream--simply sign up for the free Energy and Capital e-Letter, a daily advisory on the fast-moving profits in the energy stock sector, written and edited by energy and natural resources investing experts Chris Nelder and Keith Kohl.

Offline Lord Undies

Re: The Bakken Oil Formation: Welcome to the Next Oil Boom
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
We can't horizontally drill our way out of this mess. 

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »
We can't horizontally drill our way out of this mess. 

this has been going on for a while.. wonder when the press will take notice? those farmers are cashing some mighty big checks.. in fact, in one story i read last week, they said there was more oil in North Dakota than Texas.

you'd think that would be news..  :popcorn:

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 01:36:21 PM »
Well Its only news if it helps the MSM meme that they hate America or it will destroy the enviroment.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 01:57:03 PM »
I get several e-mails a week on the Bakken oil fields wanting me to join this or that investment news service for a fee. These get rich schemes are just a bunch of bull. Anyone that believes that oil will cost American taxpayers $16 a barrel is a fool.  I do have stock in several companies that are drilling in that area like Whitting Petroleum Corp.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 09:34:50 AM »
I get several e-mails a week on the Bakken oil fields wanting me to join this or that investment news service for a fee. These get rich schemes are just a bunch of bull. Anyone that believes that oil will cost American taxpayers $16 a barrel is a fool.  I do have stock in several companies that are drilling in that area like Whitting Petroleum Corp.

signing up for an e-letter about this doesnt sound like a 'get rich scheme' to me.. besides, the oil boom is already happening. if you didnt get in before, you'd be pretty stupid to do it now..