Author Topic: nominating thread for Top DUmmies of 2016  (Read 51068 times)

Offline Tess Anderson

Re: nominating thread for Top DUmmies of 2016
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2016, 08:51:10 PM »
I think I can help you out with one of those names:

Strange Luck = The Straight Story

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »

Thank you, madam.

I try to do an equally-good job on writing each of the awards, but as Mr. Wiggum himself has mentioned, once in a while one gets side-swiped by a winning primitive about whom the writer of the award knows little or nothing. 

The more familiar franksolich is with a primitive, the better the award.  I still consider the award for the sparkling old dude as #02 Top DUmmie of 2009 the finest one I ever wrote--I'm sure his partners copied it off and included it in brochures promoting their restaurant-consulting business, showing how well-connected they are--but it was so good because of my intimate familiarity with the winner.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 08:58:56 PM »

Oh my.

Time doesn't treat everyone equally.

comment 3383:
http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=81827.3375
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2016, 09:34:41 PM »
Nominations thus far.

for the William Rivers Pitt, the "Bill," for the most memorable primitive the past 15 years:

cali, the bitter old Vermontese cali primitive
California Peggy, the poetess laureatess of Skins's island
mopinko, Big Mo
NYC_SKP, Skippy
Stinky the Clown, the sparkling old dude
walldude

The ones who've already won and aren't eligible any more:

TomInTib
BouncyBall
William Pitt
nadinbrzezinski
Alan Grayson
undergroundpanther
DainBramaged
Omaha Steve

for the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016 (ten selected):

BainsBane, Jugs, head horsewoman of the Four Horsewomen of the Femapocalypse
boston bean, one of the Four Horsewomen of the Femapocalypse
bravenak
ColesCountyDem, the big guy's best pal
demtenjeep, Pamela, she of the runny bowels
diabeticman and his inflatable wife
DFW, Attila Marc the Hun
fizzgig, thunderthighs
flamin lib
Gothmog, the Texas pyramid
Graham4Anything, from DU Jr.
Hoyt
JeffersonsGhost, the maestro of edits
JudiLynn, the head Yugoista of the late Chavez apologists
KamaAina, the white dude masquerading as an Oriental girl, although no one knows why
Ken Burch, the bearded slob up in Alaska
kentuck, who doesn't appear especially bright
KingCharlemagne
kpete, the rich bitch
LaydeeBug
LetMyPeopleVote from DU Jr.
malaise, cricketeer Christine, part of the 1% down there in Jamaica
MineralMan, Minnesota Moses
MrScorpio, Lamond, Mrs Corpio
NanceGreggs, widder Nan
NuclearDem (the child molester, NOT to be confused with Nuclear Unicorn)
Omaha Steve, the big guy from Bellevue
pnwmom
randyS1
retrowire
Secular Motion
Skinner, Elad, and EarlG (the three as a single group)
sheshe2
Stone Space
Strange Story on Skins's island; Strange Luck on DU Jr.
TheMastersNemesis, ol' hypertensive Bob
Tobin S., the Tobe, Guatama Toby the overall-wearing Buddha

The big three--Skins, the elusive enigmatic Elad, Lord Marblehead EarlG--are listed as one; as with previous practice, it's okay to nominate a "group," as long as the group's clearly defined.  I believe the Barack Obama Group and the Four Horsewomen of the Femapocalypse were among Top DUmmies in previous years, but I forget when and am too lazy at the moment to look them up.

I'm exercising one of many prerogatives Mr. Wiggum and I reserve for ourselves, that of removing Skins from consideration for Top DUmmie (as an individual; he remains on the ballot as part of the big three), and from consideration for the William Rivers Pitt award.  Also, the hacker, alleged or real, for consideration as a Top DUmmie.

^^^for eminently good reasons which will become clear as I give out the awards.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
A tip, in case one finds the ballot's too long (remember, one has until Saturday to add names):

Rather than looking at the list of names and trying to choose ten, instead DO NOT look at the list and think about five--not ten--primitives one remembers the most from this past year.

And they're probably on the list.

One selects ten primitives, but only the first five selections are weighed--in whatever proportion Mr. Wiggum, who counts the votes, wishes to weigh them--with the second five being merely leftovers.

Ten votes are important, but the first five are more important.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2016, 08:26:49 AM »
Two more for the Bill.

Sid Dithers and the now mia Magistrate.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2016, 09:28:54 AM »
Two more for the Bill.

Seconded for the Magistrate. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2016, 09:43:08 AM »
Two more for the Bill.

I do believe The Magistrate has sprung loose of this mortal coil, although he's not commemorated in the primitive morgue

http://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=inmemoriam

Provided he was still in this time and place circa November 25, 2015 if even for only a couple of minutes, he is eligible for nomination and selection, however.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2016, 09:45:46 AM »
^^^Oh.

That's for the Bill, not for a spot in the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016.

Since it's for the Bill, the jerk's eligible no matter when he expired.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2016, 05:54:27 PM »
 I'll put another shout out for "stone space"....possibly the most irrational gun grabber in DUmmyLand.
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2016, 07:55:58 PM »
I'll put another shout out for "stone space"....possibly the most irrational gun grabber in DUmmyLand.

You must not be familiar with Hoyt, our good friend and the grabbiest gun grabber of all time.

stone space is a worthy nomination, nonetheless
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Nobody Expects

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »
You must not be familiar with Hoyt, our good friend and the grabbiest gun grabber of all time.

stone space is a worthy nomination, nonetheless

I'm familiar with Hoyt, but stone space takes the cake for flying off on wild tangents.
Our chief weapon is surprise, fear and surprise; two chief weapons, fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency! Er, among our chief weapons are: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, and near fanatical devotion to the Pope! ...Oh, damn ...Um, I'll come in again.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 07:43:09 AM »
This thread doesn't close for three days yet, but it looks as if nearly all the potential Top DUmmies have been nominated.  The pool of talent this year wasn't as big and deep as it'd been other years.

Although my good friend Manny Goldstein needs nominated for Top DUmmiehood, and so I just did.

What I'm looking forward to is this; every year, something happens during the last month of the year, usually a real live bona fide primitive showing up to gripe about this thing or that thing.  There have been a few other instances where reaction remained over on Skins's real-estate without coming here though; I'm thinking of the time Pamela, the demtenjeep primitive, went berserk over GOBUCKS without actually showing up here.

We'll see.  Something always happens.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2016, 02:40:17 PM »
For DOTY.

La Lioness Priyanka
dixiegrrrrl
Scuba
Skittles
philosslayer
My old pal Buzz Clik  :loser:
LynneSin
PCIntern

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
For DOTY.

La Lioness Priyanka
dixiegrrrrl
Scuba
Skittles
philosslayer
My old pal Buzz Clik
LynneSin
PCIntern

You're probably aware that the LynneSin primitive lost tons and tons of weight this past year; I'd hesitate to call her "svelte," but at the same time I wouldn't call her "fat" or even "stout" or "hefty."

However, physical beauty's only skin deep, whereas the beauty that counts is still absent from her; she's still a primitive, which uglifies her considerably.

I continue to be disappointed in my good friend Jonathan, the dentist in Philadelphia.  He started out in life so full of promise, so full of piss and vinegar, so full of unexpected surprises, and definitely not chutzpah-impaired.  But the older he gets, the more of a dull old fogey he becomes. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »
You're probably aware that the LynneSin primitive lost tons and tons of weight this past year; I'd hesitate to call her "svelte," but at the same time I wouldn't call her "fat" or even "stout" or "hefty."

However, physical beauty's only skin deep, whereas the beauty that counts is still absent from her; she's still a primitive, which uglifies her considerably.

I continue to be disappointed in my good friend Jonathan, the dentist in Philadelphia.  He started out in life so full of promise, so full of piss and vinegar, so full of unexpected surprises, and definitely not chutzpah-impaired.  But the older he gets, the more of a dull old fogey he becomes.

The demented dentist got upset when after years at the DUmp he discovered earlier this year that his comrades would happily stand aside to let ISIS slaughter every Jew in the world and then celebrate after.
He couldn`t stand to be away as election day drew near so he is essentially the same as Soros and other Jews who cooperated with the real Nazies.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:05 PM »
I finally got pushed over the edge.

For one of the spots in the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016: the slobbering paranoiac Cryano.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2016, 05:14:08 PM »
I finally got pushed over the edge.

For one of the spots in the Top Ten DUmmies of 2016: the slobbering paranoiac Cryano.

I'm only worried that this year there's going to be a lot of carry-over into 2017 DOTY that we'll have to be mindful of, as nominations close way earlier than the Electoral College meets.  Cyrano is a good example, with his recent outbreak of stupidity.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2016, 05:57:54 PM »
I'm only worried that this year there's going to be a lot of carry-over into 2017 DOTY that we'll have to be mindful of, as nominations close way earlier than the Electoral College meets.  Cyrano is a good example, with his recent outbreak of stupidity.

I just looked it up, wondering if I could possibly postpone the end of nominations so as to be accommodating; as you and everybody but the primitives seem to know, franksolich is very flexible.

But alas it doesn't seem possible, although I haven't shut the door.....yet.

Apparently the Electoral College casts its votes on the first Monday after the second Tuesday in December.....which in this case would be December 19, 2016.  It might, or might not, be possible to hold things off, but at the moment, I'm not seeing how it's realistically possible.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2016, 08:57:46 PM »
I just looked it up, wondering if I could possibly postpone the end of nominations so as to be accommodating; as you and everybody but the primitives seem to know, franksolich is very flexible.

Apparently the Electoral College casts its votes on the first Monday after the second Tuesday in December.....which in this case would be December 19, 2016.  It might, or might not, be possible to hold things off, but at the moment, I'm not seeing how it's realistically possible.

Yeah, you're right.  The timeframe just doesn't allow for a nice segue into the awards by cutting it that short.

Well, we do have the DOTY Electoral College, otherwise known as "The Franksolich" to correct any popular voting errors that may overlook a worthy candidate.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2016, 09:00:40 PM »

Whatever works for you, Frank.  I should have a pretty good idea of the voting results quickly.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2016, 10:36:13 PM »
For the "Bill" I nominate Skinner. Early on he was in the bag for Hillary (his wife a paid staffer). He invited paid professional Hillary trolls who bullied the board...driving half of his paying customers to Jackpine Radicals.
Further, Skinner faked a hack attack, and used the excuse to shut down two boards.

I'm an old timer here at CC. I remember a previous board where one person invited an invasion of trolls. CC is the result.

Skinner split his board for selfish reasons and used deception to get what customers he had to pay up for a star just to post. Skinner may have doomed DU.

for all those reasons, Skinner gets my nomination for the "Bill."
Frank you missed my Nomination for, "The Bill"

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2016, 02:12:38 AM »
Frank you missed my Nomination for, "The Bill"

You didn't read upthread, sir; I discarded Skins as a nominee (other than with his two stooges for a Top DUmmie award) because there's going to be something special this year in the awards, for both him and the 'hacker" (quotation marks intentional).
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Mr Mannn

« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2016, 07:17:55 AM »
Oh, OK. He's getting a special reward, Never mind. I'm happy now.

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2016, 07:27:21 AM »
I saw this DUmmie in a recent thread and their level of stupid, even if it just concerning race, deserves to be recognized for the DOTY award.
EffieBlack

Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke