Author Topic: Where was all this concern over the deficit amount when the republics were in ch  (Read 403 times)

Offline CC27

MiniMe  (1000+ posts)        Wed Feb-04-09 05:26 PM
Original message
Where was all this concern over the deficit amount when the republics were in charge?
I swear, aside from tax cuts, I keep hearing that we are burdening our children and grandchildren. Well, I actually agree with that part of it, but they didn't utter a word when they were adding 5 trillion dollars to it. Argh

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4980835

Offline Lord Undies

but they didn't utter a word when they were adding 5 trillion dollars to it. Argh

You are either politically deaf, a moron, or a complete liar.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam

All the above.

Offline jukin

Come on Undies.

Everyone knows that there wer 20 million Iraqis killed and the deficit went up 25 trillion.

Back to reality.  The last budget (& for the lurking Constitutional scholars that are here) passed by a republican congress was less than a 180 billion. The first one under democrat control was the all time topper of 480 billion and the present one by a DEMOCRAT congress is going to end up north of 1800 billion.  Good to have the children in charge.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

+1
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.