Author Topic: sparkling husband primitive expelling big ones over New Hampshire  (Read 439 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x4972998

Oh my.

The sparkling husband primitive, sitting on the commode in the basement:

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-03-09 04:55 PM
Original message

Bonnie Newman - REPUBLICAN - named to fill Gregg's seat.

I don't give a ****ing rats ass if she sez she's not going to run.

I can't believe this was not a quid pro quo.

Does the average NH voter like this?

**** this **** this **** this **** this.

C'mon ..... tell me how I'm wrong ...... I know you can do it .......

Stinky The Clown  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-03-09 05:01 PM
Response to Reply #2

5. Don't we impeach governors for quid pro quos vis a vis senate appointments?

Yeah ... I know ....... different facts.

What the **** ever.

Ha ha.

And then we get the carpetbagging maternal ancestress, the mother of the Bostonian Drunkard:

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 05:05 PM
Response to Reply #6

11. The "average voter" in NH recently threw out a Repub Senator and 2 Repub Congressmen and made the Statehouse Democratic controlled for the first time in 100 years. There has been a sea change up here since 2000 mostly thanks to GWB.

Raven  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 05:03 PM
Response to Original message

8. Lynch wants the seat. I've got to believe he has a promise or he knows she's a no go in 2010. Paul Hodes is the one who's got to be pissed.

Ha ha.

cherish44 (137 posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 05:04 PM

10. Gregg isn't in yet you know

I mean I doubt Dems would vote against Obama but maybe some of them are feeling a little Mavericky about nomination...

gcomeau  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-03-09 05:05 PM

12. And?

Republican leaves, Republican replaces them. Is the average voter who voted FOR the Republican in the first place going to have a problem with it? My guess would be... no. What would make you think they would have a problem with it? Try to keep a sense of perspective, the population of New Hampshire is not exactly the population of DU only bigger.

Would it have been nice to have a Democrat in the position? Yes. Would trying to install one under these specific circumstances have likely blown up in our faces? Also yes.

Calm down. It's not ideal but it's not anything to go into a frothing rant about either. We run someone for the position in 2 years and we have a better chance of taking it now than against a long time entrenched incumbent. And from all reports Newman will vote more moderately than Gregg would have. So we didn't get ponies too... I'm sure we'll survive somehow.

Warpy  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-03-09 05:09 PM

13. Promising Gregg that he'd be replaced by a GOP was the only way they could get him to take the job.

C'mon, Stinky, you know this is how it works!

Ha ha.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

Re: sparkling husband primitive expelling big ones over New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:32:29 PM »
He's never going to get out of the basement.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.