Author Topic: primitives all bent out of shape re: New Hampshire Senate seat  (Read 483 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives all bent out of shape re: New Hampshire Senate seat
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:11:54 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x3721457

Ha ha.

MaineDem  (1000+ posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 05:06 PM
Original message

Newman named to replace Gregg

New Hampshire Governor John Lynch officially announced this afternoon that Republican J. Bonnie Newman will replace Judd Gregg in the US Senate if Gregg is confirmed as commerce secretary.

The agreement by Lynch, a Democrat, to appoint a Republican to serve out Gregg's term, which ends in 2010, freed Gregg to accept President Obama's offer to take the helm at Commerce since Gregg insisted he would not leave the Senate if that would change the balance of power.

"I think it is great for the country and for New Hampshire," Lynch said of Gregg's nomination, adding that bipartisan cooperation is needed at a time of economic crisis.

Newman, 63, who has not previously held elected office, was an assistant commerce secretary under President Reagan and also worked in President George H.W. Bush's White House. She also worked for Gregg when he was a US representative and supported Lynch for governor.

Read more: http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligen...

Damn.

Ha ha.

Autumn  (757 posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 05:07 PM
Response to Original message

1. Well that sucks big time.

Ha ha.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: primitives all bent out of shape re: New Hampshire Senate seat
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
New Hampshire has this motto:  "Live Free Or Die."  It seems that this applies to the New Hampshire Democratic Party, too, much to the chagrin of the primitives.   :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :-) :-) :-) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Airwolf

Re: primitives all bent out of shape re: New Hampshire Senate seat
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
It must suck to be a DUmpmonkey.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"