Author Topic: primitives still upset that they got screwed again  (Read 1123 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitives still upset that they got screwed again
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:54:06 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8161397

Oh my.

The primitives are coming out of the bushes; this is a big bonfire.

ericgtr  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-02-09 11:43 PM
Original message

Bonnie Newman (R) to take Gregg's Senate seat

Just updated on CNN.. To pissed to even get into it right now, so there you have it. ****.

First in, the cross-eyed Iowa primitive:

Hawkeye-X  (1000+ posts)        Mon Feb-02-09 11:44 PM
Response to Original message

1. Then it's time to impeach Lynch.

Failure to honor the oath of the Democratic Party of the United States.

The Senators better refuse their nomination - saying she's unqualified because she's a Republican ideology that was not correctly selected by John Lynch.

Cash_thatswhatiwant (644 posts)      Tue Feb-03-09 12:13 AM

20. wtf

I thought the whole genius in this was to get filibuster proof senate. Boooooooooooo.

Dawgs  (1000+ posts)        Tue Feb-03-09 08:43 AM

34. Obama needs to know that most of his supporters voted for him because he's a DEMOCRAT.

Not necessarily because he's going to reach across the isle.

He better learn that soon.

You know, I'm not sure where the primitives get this notion that 60 Democrat seats in the Senate guarantee a "filibuster-proof" body.

On paper, sure, it does, if all Democrats vote the same way.

When was the last time that happened?

On any given issue, one can always reasonably expect a few Democrats to go against their tide, and a few Republicans to go against their tide.

I don't think 60 Democrat seats in the Senate guarantees anything other than just.....60 Democrat seats in the Senate.

I suspect they'd have to have 63-65 seats to be "filibuster-proof," to cover for the few Democrats who might vote against their tide.

Ha ha.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitives still upset that they got screwed again
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »

The Senators better refuse their nomination - saying she's unqualified because she's a Republican ideology that was not correctly selected by John Lynch.

Yet these folks say they are the geniuses in our society. :rotf:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
Yet these folks say they are the geniuses in our society. :rotf:

One wonders what the "oath of the Democrat party" is.

I've never heard of it.

I think the cross-eyed Iowa primitive is just pulling this out of his nostrils.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »
Or pulling it from somewhere else.  They always think that they're scholars in state constitutional law or something.  Didn't they follow the news?  Gregg wasn't going to accept without a prior agreement to place an R in there, as per the voter's wishes to a certain extent.  This is not a surprise, and the fact that the first poster is just toooooooo angry to complete his post is toooooooo funny. 

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:45:12 AM »
Smart money still says that Gregg gets replaced with a democrat.

Not just DUmmies but the larger subset, democrats, lie, they lie all the time.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Karin

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
Jukin, I hope you're wrong, that would cause a real firestorm. 

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 11:49:30 AM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8161397
You know, I'm not sure where the primitives get this notion that 60 Democrat seats in the Senate guarantee a "filibuster-proof" body.

On paper, sure, it does, if all Democrats vote the same way.

When was the last time that happened?

On any given issue, one can always reasonably expect a few Democrats to go against their tide, and a few Republicans to go against their tide.

I don't think 60 Democrat seats in the Senate guarantees anything other than just.....60 Democrat seats in the Senate.

Perhaps, but it would be ever so much better to not leave ourselves exposed to the possibility.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 12:11:04 PM »
Perhaps, but it would be ever so much better to not leave ourselves exposed to the possibility.

Yes, of course not, and the fewer the Democrats, the better.

But I just needed to point out to lurking primitives that 60 Democrat seats is not necessarily a filibuster-proof Senate.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »

I've never heard of it.

Obstruct and treason. Pretty simple after watching them for the past 40 years.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 04:28:21 PM »
What this whole episode shows is that Gov. Lynch of NH is a man of honor, in that he kept his word to Sen. Gregg.

A polar opposite to the denziens of the DUmp, and someone to be despised and reviled by them.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Online Airwolf

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 04:45:45 PM »
Or pulling it from somewhere else.  They always think that they're scholars in state constitutional law or something.  Didn't they follow the news?  Gregg wasn't going to accept without a prior agreement to place an R in there, as per the voter's wishes to a certain extent.  This is not a surprise, and the fact that the first poster is just toooooooo angry to complete his post is toooooooo funny. 

Yeah its not like they truely wanted someone with an R next to his name .That was Haliburton stealling the votes. How dare the Gov follow the wishes of the people? (DU rant off)
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 10:11:40 PM »

I've never heard of it.

I wondered that too so I put the exact phrase into a search engine and it came right back to the DUmmie quote on DU.

Apparently it is yet another thing the DUmmies just made up which will soon be reported on as actual fact by the Lamestream Media.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 07:42:26 AM »

That's the problem with you f'n idiots. Your oath to your dumbass party trumps any oath to the United States. As for her being unqualified, fine, Gregg can just stay in his current position. Last I checked, the voters of New Hampshire voted for a Republican. Only right thing to do is to replace him with a Republican.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Online Airwolf

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »
would they say the same of a Republican Gov replaced a R with a D for the seat?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2009, 08:06:16 PM »
Something about banning guns, legalizing abortion and making it free, free pot for everyone, nationalizing all business, and massive redistribution of wealth.

And cheating on taxes is OK -- but only if you are (d)
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 08:14:57 PM »
would they say the same of a Republican Gov replaced a R with a D for the seat?

You know, sir, this whole Senate appointment thing is becoming a farce.

It used to be that when a Senator died or resigned during his term, in all states the governor named a replacement.  That was just the way it was, and everybody accepted it.  

But then during the 1980s, the Democrats wanted to tweak the system, so as to gain some sort of advantage.

And so new rules evolved; some states mandated that the governor had to name someone from the same political party as the late or resigned Senator, other states mandated a special election.

These new rules were made because for some really odd reasons, Democrats thought that Republicans had an advantage, when in fact it's always been usually 50-50.

You might recall in Massachusetts in 2004, when some idiots thought the Bostonian Billionaire would be elected, vacating his Senate seat.....leaving it up to the then-Republican governor of Massachusetts to fill it.  So they changed the law in Massachusetts, taking that power away from the governor and mandating a special election in case of a senatorial vacancy.

And there were places like Wyoming, with its perennially-Republican governors, and Democrats didn't like that.  So they changed the law that the governor had to appoint someone of the same political party as the late or resigned Senator, just in case the guy happened to be a Democrat.

Well, as we all know, a blade has two edges, cutting both ways.....

It's like the California electoral votes issue of the 1980s.

The Democrats are always trying to change the rules so as to gain some sort of advantage.....but then neglect to remember things cut both ways, not just the way one wants them to.

It's just a bunch of stupid games.  
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Redstatecka

• Thanks, Dad!
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 10:07:41 PM »
Smart money still says that Gregg gets replaced with a democrat. Not just DUmmies but the larger subset, democrats, lie, they lie all the time.

Even dumb money says that Gregg's replacement will be Dem.

Someday, perhaps the "gentlemanly"  -- and I do use that word very loosely here -- Republicans will finally understand that they face unethical, unscrupulous and generally dishonorable opposition in the Dems, which are infested with liberals and leftists.

FWIW, IMO, Gregg's made a huge blunder, for his party, for the country.

"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ! For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity and freedom of worship here." -- Patrick Henry, 1765