Author Topic: Dead Grandma Tours the U.S.  (Read 2138 times)

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Dead Grandma Tours the U.S.
« on: January 15, 2008, 02:54:17 PM »

A family drove hundreds of miles with their dead grandmother in the back of their recreational vehicle to fulfill the ailing woman's wishes.

They arrived in Hillsboro, Ore., on Sunday with the body and notified police. The 79-year-old woman, who likely died in Wyoming, was in poor health but wished to see family members in Arkansas before she passed away.

The woman suffered from advanced kidney disease, Hillsboro Police Lt. Michael Rouches said.

"We believe they were about 1,100 miles from Hillsboro when she passed away," Rouches said. "We believe they were in Wyoming. That's based on gas receipts."

Rouches said he didn't expect any charges since the incident is not considered a crime.

link

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Re: Dead Grandma Tours the U.S.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 05:03:59 PM »
I could have sworn I saw this in a movie once...   :cheersmate:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 05:05:36 PM »
or twice or three times...
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 05:06:22 PM »
Dead Man Taken To Cash Check
Roommate Wheeled Body Down Street In Chair, Police Say

NEW YORK -- Two men wheeled a dead man through the streets in an office chair to a check-cashing store and tried to cash his Social Security check before being arrested on fraud charges, police said.

David J. Dalaia and James O'Hare pushed Virgilio Cintron's body from the Manhattan apartment that O'Hare and Cintron shared to Pay-O-Matic, about a block away, spokesman Paul Browne said witnesses told police.

"The witnesses saw the two pushing the chair with Cintron flopping from side to side and the two individuals propping him up and keeping him from flopping from side to side," Browne said.

The men left Cintron's body outside the store, went inside and tried to cash his $355 check, Browne said. The store's clerk, who knew Cintron, asked the men where he was, and O'Hare told the clerk they would go and get him, Browne said.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/15008245/detail.html

Offline Chris_

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:06:36 PM »
Clark?  Is that you?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:07:44 PM »
Clark?  Is that you?
A man could do worse than Beverly D'Angelo.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »
Clark?  Is that you?
A man could do worse than Beverly D'Angelo.
No sir, I would not argue with that.  However, a woman probably couldn't do much worse than Chevy Chase.   :lmao: