Author Topic: Pedro Picasso blaming the Democrats  (Read 2444 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Pedro Picasso blaming the Democrats
« on: February 01, 2008, 12:32:39 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2801307

Oh my.

Atman  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 10:52 PM
Original message

Stock market decline, housing crisis, unemployment, all the fault of the Dems.

I hope we're all ready for this; desperate fools resort to desperate measures. This is an actual ad running atop one of those slimy online caves the 25% dwell in. It makes me shudder to think that people can be so out of touch with what has been going on that they'll actually believe this. But sadly, some will. It's going to be a long 10 months...

This is the keeper frame of a three-part animated ad congratulating the Democrats on their first year of complete control. As if the republicans who blocked everything simply didn't exist, or that all of this actually happened as a consequence of the Dems and not because of 7 years of Republicans looting and lying.

Pedro Picasso is referring to that banner advertisement as it appears at the top of this site.

Anyway.

angrycarpenter  (608 posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 11:05 PM
Response to Original message

1. I am getting to the point that I don't care what they think.

The only people who will think that was true would not vote democrat anyway.

I don't think that America will buy the crap that they are selling anymore.

NanceGreggs  (1000+ posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 11:31 PM
Response to Reply #1

2. Agreed. 

There are way too many people out there who were feeling the pain of BushCo's administration long before last November.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: You can lie to the American people about all kinds of things - but you can't lie to them about what they are experiencing in their own lives.

margotb822 (10 posts)       Thu Jan-31-08 11:57 PM

3. Ridiculous

Despite these outright lies, I think people know truth. It takes more than a year for all of these issues to come to bear. Reagan destroyed the economy and now Bush did too. The record primary turnout numbers show that people aren't going to be fooled any longer. Of course, there are still the few that will continue to vote Republican. They also still think that Saddam was linked to 9/11.

notmyprez  (1000+ posts)       Fri Feb-01-08 01:11 AM

4. When the heck were taxes raised? 

WTF!

The above's all there is to this campfire, besides another ridiculous "artistic" creation of the morass rodent.

You know, Pedro Picasso used to light some pretty large bonfires on Skins's island, but that hasn't been the case lately; perhaps he should stop using wet wood to feed a fire.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
Re: Pedro Picasso blaming the Democrats
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 12:34:49 PM »
Hi, Atman.  Nice to know that you've found us. :bigbird:  :loser:
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:38:02 PM »

3. Ridiculous

Despite these outright lies, I think people know truth. It takes more than a year for all of these issues to come to bear. Reagan destroyed the economy and now Bush did too. The record primary turnout numbers show that people aren't going to be fooled any longer. Of course, there are still the few that will continue to vote Republican. They also still think that Saddam was linked to 9/11.

:koolaid:

OH YEAH!
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
Hi Atman!  Good to know you can't stay away.  Why don't you register so we can kick your ass again? :loser:

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »

Uh, I don't think Pedro Picasso's found us yet.

One has to give Pedro Picasso credit for something; rather than using chemical pharmaceuticals to moderate his extreme paranoia, he apparently (please notice the all-important word here, "apparently") spends some time laying on the couch in the office of a mental-health counselor of some sort, perhaps even a psychiatrist.

He's talking out his problem, rather than chemically-scrambling his brain.

It appears that some time in December, this counselor, perhaps a psychiatrist, even, advised Pedro Picasso to stop paying attention to us, because we push too many of Pedro Picasso's buttons.

Pedro Picasso, being a good patient, has been following those orders, ignoring us.

But trust me, Winner, it's only a matter of time.....
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 12:45:06 PM »

3. Ridiculous

margotbUTT needs to do a little reseach.  She will discover, in the Florida primaries, 200,000 more vote were cast on the Republican side than the democrat side.  That is a very important revelation.  that's 4/5ths of a quarter of a million more Republicans than democrats.

Big story.  Big important news.

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 12:47:01 PM »
Funny how everything that happened in the first year of the Bush presidency (recession, 9/11) is all his fault, Bill Clinton bears none of the blame, and yet the Democrats get a free pass for what's happened in their first year.

Martin Luther

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 12:54:50 PM »
Dang it, I hate to keep posting and posting, but there are so many ways you can go with this thread. 

The DUmmies keep using this 25%er number (I assume that they've found some outlier poll that they're now treating like gospel), but what does that make them?  The most recent poll on Congressional approval at RCP has Congress at 18%.  Toss in the tidbit we all know (that none of their presidential candidates has received more than 50% of the popular vote since 1976) and you see that they're far from the the majority.

Martin Luther

Offline jukin

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 01:28:19 PM »
I've invested in RE for thirty years. Investors dirve up the prices that then ordinary people get in on. Just exactly what do the DUchebags think when I am threatened with huge tax increases on my invested money? Will I st around and wait for those draconian taxes to take all incentive out of risking my hard earned money? No I sell.  RE prices are highly dependent on just a small percentage of the homes being for sale. When investors sell that drives up the inventory. Inventory is high, prices go down.  So yes, the election of the democrat congress and their tax and spend policies is why I sold out of most of my investments in late 06 and early 07. I had no idea if the democrats would pull a billy jeff and retroactively tax me. In all honesty, I would have stayed in and unwound those investments slowly (or not at all) if the democrats had not come to power and started all the talk of bringing on the largest tax hike in history.

While not all, I give the liberal tax and spend liberals 80% of the responsibility for the current financial mess.  To compound the matter to the bad, the stimulus package is just going to make this downturn much longer.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »

Uh, I don't think Pedro Picasso's found us yet.

Really?

This is an actual ad running atop one of those slimy online caves the 25% dwell in.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 01:37:52 PM »
Really?

This is an actual ad running atop one of those slimy online caves the 25% dwell in.

Oh.

I stand corrected.

I've been reading Pedro Picasso, and haven't seen any indication he's discovered us yet.

But I guess he has; that went right over my head.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »
I'm sure many DUmmys read DUFU, that's how I found this beacon of truth and hilarity.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 04:13:51 PM »

Is it too late to post this?  Or is it only kosher to blame George Bush for gas prices?  Really.  I want to know.  It can't ALL be that guy's fault. 

If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:53:47 PM »

Is it too late to post this?  Or is it only kosher to blame George Bush for gas prices?  Really.  I want to know.  It can't ALL be that guy's fault. 

Oh, I dont think so -- during the run up to the congressional Elections, the Democrats were running a commercial that blamed Republicans for the gas prices -- and alluded that a Democrat-controlled congress would fix that amongst other things.