Author Topic: Navy sailors distrust commanders, fear crippling political correctness  (Read 357 times)

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
Navy sailors distrust commanders, fear crippling political correctness
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/30/us-navy-sailors-harbor-widespread-distrust-of-seni/

Navy sailors harbor “widespread mistrust” in the admirals who command them, complaining of poor leadership and a disciplinary environment that tolerates absolutely no mistakes, says a survey of the fleet.

The disgruntlement runs deepest in the officer corps, where scores of commanders have been relieved of duty in recent years.

PC is a huge problem in the military.
The independent survey was released amid complaints by some aviators about excessive political correctness as the military seeks to stamp out sexual harassment and misconduct in an increasingly gender-integrated Navy.

“Most troubling is the perception sailors hold of senior leadership,” the report says under the heading “Widespread Distrust of Senior Leadership.”

The military should be a defense force, not a social PC experiment gone bad.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline obumazombie

• Siege engine to lib fortresses
  • Last of the great minorities
Re: Navy sailors distrust commanders, fear crippling political correctness
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 04:05:00 AM »
The biggest catalyst to this explosion of PC was tail hook '91, which I attended and survived. Many I knew didn't, and not for lack of innocence.
The females (loose term) senators from California saw that "crisis" as an unheralded opportunity the likes of which they had never seen.
There were only two options for gender. At last count there are at least 12, according to libs. By that standard, I'm a male lesbian.