Author Topic: Weird question for our medically savvy DU'ers. Is there actually a prescription  (Read 229 times)

Offline CC27

niyad

Weird question for our medically savvy DU'ers. Is there actually a prescription
pain killer that has the bizarre side effect of causing the user to buy/collect things in multiples? Is hoarding a recognized side effect of any prescription drug? I ask, because a person I know was telling me about this with reference to her late ex-husband, and one of her nurses was confirming it. It sounded nuts to me, and I tried looking it up. . Is this one of the latest from whack world? Has anybody else heard of this weirdness?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218764898

I think you're talking about yourself. Lay off the street dope.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Gee...

...a "medication" that is (sometimes) available by doctor's prescription  :naughty:

...that carries the side effect of triggering or enhancing mental disorders such as paranoia, obsessive-compulsive disorder or generalized poor impulse control :devious:

...nope;  :shucks: without more information, I just don't have enough to determine what medication "your friend" might have been toking ...umm, I meant taking, yeah taking. :confused:

:nobong:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Old n Grumpy

niyad

Weird question for our medically savvy DU'ers. Is there actually a prescription
pain killer that has the bizarre side effect of causing the user to buy/collect things in multiples?

I’m not sure if there’s a medication that causes it, but there’s one that will cure it. It’s called Hemlock! :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!