Author Topic: I voted today.....Nevada has a new district for Congress  (Read 1407 times)

Offline RobJohnson

I voted today.....Nevada has a new district for Congress
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:17:15 AM »
I took advantage of early voting.
Only three elections were Partisan. I voted for Dean Heller as he seems to be doing OK. Between both parties there were 12 people on the Primary ballot for the Seator's seat.

We also have a new district for Congress after the Census. District 4. Nine are running, all Republicans. I gave Ken Wegner my vote. I also like Barb Cegavske who was a NV state Senator at one time...but I went for the "new blood."

The only other partisan vote was for our state assembly and I voted for James Oscarson who is also the public relations director and mediator for our local hospital. He is also an RN. The other yahoos I didn't see helping out community.

Non partisan was town board and Pahrump district Justice of the the Peace. Of my three votes two of them I am friends with and the other I am familiar with. We had 12 people running for 2 town board seats. (Our town is unincorporated)

The Justice of the Peace I voted for is a retired police officer Travis Huggins that is endorsed by everyone and his wife was the first female Nevada Highway patrol officer. Very good friends of mine...and he would do a very good job. We have a crooked lawyer in town that used to work for the states attorney's office that runs for everything from judge, to DA, to JOP....he comes close, but never wins...I sure hope he does not win....he used to cover for our last District Attorney that now had to leave town after his third DUI arrest in two years....one of them was in a county owned car, and two were on the same day....

« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:24:00 AM by RobJohnson »

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
Re: I voted today.....Nevada has a new district for Congress
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:43:59 PM »
Thanks for reminding me to go out and vote.  I, too, will be voting for Dean Heller.

I'm trying to look for an updated congressional district map.  I don't even see a district 4 on the map I am using.  And the stupid map I am using claims we are in CD3, but my ballot says CD1.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 01:06:48 PM »
I took a look at Ken Wegner's site. He is right on par with me as far as issues. He sounds like he would be a good choice.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 01:03:40 AM »
Thanks for reminding me to go out and vote.  I, too, will be voting for Dean Heller.

I'm trying to look for an updated congressional district map.  I don't even see a district 4 on the map I am using.  And the stupid map I am using claims we are in CD3, but my ballot says CD1.

I had problems finding an updated map online, one site claimed to have it posted by June 12th, but that does not help us that are early voting!

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »
I took a look at Ken Wegner's site. He is right on par with me as far as issues. He sounds like he would be a good choice.

Yeah I thought it was worth voting for some new blood....it's tough with so many people running for one seat...anyone one might win...some uneducated voters just might vote for the first name on the ballot.

Offline Kyle Ricky

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 10:35:56 AM »
Yeah I thought it was worth voting for some new blood....it's tough with so many people running for one seat...anyone one might win...some uneducated voters just might vote for the first name on the ballot.

Voting for the first name on the ballot is practice that I suspect to be be done all the time.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
"Nevada has a new district for congress"  Cool, did you get it from NY or CA?  We got two from each down here in TX.

Offline Evil_Conservative

• Oh snap!
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
"Nevada has a new district for congress"  Cool, did you get it from NY or CA?  We got two from each down here in TX.

Probably California.
You may call me Jessica or Jess.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 04:08:57 PM »
Probably California.

I dunno. Missouri lost a seat in the last census.  :p  As did IA, PA, MI, NJ, LA, MA, and IL. NY and OH each lost two.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Bad Dog

• God help me I do love it so
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 04:15:42 PM »
I dunno. Missouri lost a seat in the last census.  :p  As did IA, PA, MI, NJ, LA, MA, and IL. NY and OH each lost two.

It just feels better to believe we got them from those assholes.  I guess MI & IL would be OK too.

Offline RobJohnson

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »
Turnout was so low at one point there was only a 100 vote difference between the two front runners...