Author Topic: There's a DUmmy running for Congress in Wisconsin  (Read 695 times)

Offline Delmar

There's a DUmmy running for Congress in Wisconsin
« on: October 04, 2014, 10:29:02 PM »
I don't know how I missed it but there is a primitive running against Sean Duffy for Congress in my district, Wisconsin's 7th.  A pretty low post count since she is probably worried about getting smeared with the taint of the island if she spends too much time there.  She doesn't engage too much with the DUmmies in their craziness, she just tells the other DUmmies that she's interested in finding out what's important to them and keeps steering the conversation back to appeals for money.  It looks like she just pops in to schmooze them up for votes and money--good luck with getting any money out of that pack of losers, Kelly.
Wed Aug 6, 2014, 03:08 PM
kellywestlund (44 posts)

Intro Democratic Congressional Candidate Kelly Westlund

Hey everyone -- I’m Kelly Westlund, the Progressive Democrat running to unseat Tea Partier Sean Duffy in Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District. I support increasing the minimum wage and expanding opportunity so that anyone can succeed based on talent and merit, not their family net worth or their ability to exploit tax loopholes. I would love to hear what issues are important to you!

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/demunderground

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1251373403
Response to kellywestlund (Original post)Wed Aug 6, 2014, 03:42 PM
Star Member mopinko (42,250 posts)
4. so, i fell for kelly when she started talking dirt.

i started talking about my farm, and hugelkultur, and i was shuttled off by someone who seemed to know it was too long of a conversation.

so, i want to know about the soil conservation work you have done. i suspect from the bit of talking that i managed to do that it is a lot like what i am doing, just not calling it huglekultur.
so, talk a little more dirt, please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hügelkultur

also want to talk about small farms. we have enough corn and soybeans, but we have to import or truck everything else. farmers markets are booming in chicago. yet farmers are still being squeezed out of business.
tell us about the small farmers you would represent, and what you feel they need.

and welcome to du.
everybody please k&r for this terrific candidate.
lets help her take back wisconsin.

That's funny, mopinko getting the bum's rush from some Westlund aide when they figured out that she was crazy, babbling about dirt and  huglekultur.  I hope that Duffy's opposition research people have video tape of Westlund and the mopinko primitive circus freak discussing the merits of huglekultur.
Response to kellywestlund (Original post)Thu Aug 7, 2014, 07:08 AM
Star Member freshwest (46,124 posts)
26. WI needs Kelly! K&R for visibility!
My guess is that Westlund wants your money and votes but would prefer to keep her association with democrat underground on the down low.
Response to kellywestlund (Original post)Thu Aug 7, 2014, 11:21 AM
Star Member Cal33 (4,434 posts)
30. We sure hope you will succeed in kicking out that Scott Walker, once and for all, and

install a Democratic governor and state Congress as well. Best of luck.
She's not running against Walker, DUmb ass.
Response to tgards79 (Reply #34)Thu Aug 7, 2014, 08:01 PM
35. is a long time dem district

and a lot of folks are sick of the koch bros.
Down with the Koch brothers and up with hugelkultur.
"I sat down, and I said, 'America's back' and Mitterrand from Germany — I mean from France — looked at me and said … "Well, how long are you back for?"
Crooked Joe Biden

Offline I_B_Perky

Re: There's a DUmmy running for Congress in Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:34:49 PM »
My guess is that Westlund wants your money and votes but would prefer to keep her association with democrat underground on the down low.

Her website for those interested:

http://www.kellywestlund.com/

Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 11:17:18 PM »
The Cook Political Report, a nonpartisan political handicapper, suggests Duffy’s chances of losing are next to none.

But that apparently doesn’t faze Kelly Westlund, the Ashland City Council member who is challenging the incumbent.

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/writers/jack_craver/progressive-champion-kelly-westlund-takes-on-sean-duffy/article_4d860302-c67b-11e3-8c3a-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz3FEkHQNJA

Offline BattleHymn

• Not right, but not left, either.
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 11:31:29 PM »
Another little nugget from the same article:

She downplays the effects that GOP-led redistricting had on the enormous district, which was represented for four decades by Democratic Rep. David Obey before Duffy took over in 2011.

“I'll tell you that this district is pretty close to 50-50,” she said. “It only changed by 1.8 percent in redistricting.”

Will she be saying the same thing if she gets hammered in the election?

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 11:45:34 PM »
Another little nugget from the same article:

She downplays the effects that GOP-led redistricting had on the enormous district, which was represented for four decades by Democratic Rep. David Obey before Duffy took over in 2011.

“I'll tell you that this district is pretty close to 50-50,” she said. “It only changed by 1.8 percent in redistricting.”

Will she be saying the same thing if she gets hammered in the election?

But of course not.  She will only lose because of voter disenfranchisement.  :panic:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 11:45:55 PM »
More on her:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kelly-westlund/29/8b0/330

Check out the education:
Northland College
B.A., Peace, Conflict & Global Studies / Sociology
2002 – 2007
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!  That is what my dad would have called "DUmbassery Studies"

We have more:

Consultant
Kelly Westlund Consulting

July 2010 – November 2013 (3 years 5 months) Ashland, WI

Marketing and promotion, project management, logistics, event coordination, website development, grant writing services

Clients included Bayfield Regional Food Producers Cooperative, Lake Superior CSA, Chequamegon Ecosystem Resources, Safe Routes to School, and others.

So to me it looks like the only thing she has really done in life is successfully begging for money from the federal government. She should fit in just fine at the Dump. I bet the "others" means she successfully got herself and others on welfare.

Edited to add: I know it is her because she has a pic of herself that matches the pic on her campaign website.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 11:47:58 PM by I_B_Perky »
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 10:45:07 AM »
So, another primitive has latched on to the unmitigated success DU brings to political campaigns. Good for her.   :rotf:

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 10:40:17 AM »
Response to tgards79 (Reply #34)Thu Aug 7, 2014, 08:01 PM
35. is a long time dem district
From 1969 thru 2011. Of the 96 years before that only 8 were not served by a Republican. 4 by a dem and 4 by the progressives.
and a lot of folks are sick of the koch bros.
Except for those involved in the paper industry. Guess what industry is a major employer in that district.  :whistling:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 12:04:02 PM »
Response to kellywestlund (Original post)Thu Aug 7, 2014, 11:21 AM
Star Member Cal33 (4,434 posts)
30. We sure hope you will succeed in kicking out that Scott Walker, once and for all, and

install a Democratic governor and state Congress as well. Best of luck.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good Mole!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 01:57:19 PM »
Sounds like it might be a good idea to send the link to that thread to her opponent.
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe