Author Topic: primitive solves dust ruffle problem  (Read 672 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive solves dust ruffle problem
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/11281510

Oh my.

dixiegrrrrl (26,269 posts)   Tue Aug 28, 2012, 04:14 PM

Solved the dust ruffle problem.

I keep things in hard plastic containers under my bed, it;'s a good sotrage area.

But, since the bins are visible, I needed a dust ruffle.

Which are hellish expensive.

And difficult to put on and take off, it you use the one that covers the entire bottom mattress, or difficult to keep on, it you use the one that you tuck all around under the top mattress.

The cat loves to nap under the bed, he likes the cave feeling of the dust ruffle.

My mattress is queen size.

I discovered that a KING size top sheet will hang down far enough to the floor to be used as a dust ruffle.

As long as I use a color that works, it looks exactly like a flat ruffle under the comforter.

AND discovered that these usually expensive sheets can be had for almost half price on ...ETSY.

Found 2 of them, in the original packaging, from the 1980's, for under 20.00 each.

ETSY is now my go-to place for linens,and also for "vintage" pyrex.

Curmudgeoness (8,221 posts)   Tue Aug 28, 2012, 08:53 PM

1. I have come to loathe dust ruffles.

I am so sick of comforter sets with ten piece sets of things that I don't want. I have just converted all of my bedrooms to bedspreads....they come down to the floor and it is just one piece. No more fighting with dust ruffles and shams and pillows that I throw off the bed every night. It wasn't easy to find bedspreads these days, but I am so glad I found them. I could have given you dust ruffles----well, not really, since mine are just full size beds.

And oh how I love my old pyrex and I hate that I broke one of my favorite pieces. I will have to check that site out.

cbayer (111,536 posts)   Tue Aug 28, 2012, 09:01 PM

3. Brilliant! Well done.

^^no more in love with, since apparently her boat would almost fit in franksolich's living room.

<<likes enormous wide-open living spaces.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: primitive solves dust ruffle problem
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 08:49:11 PM »
What the hell is a dust ruffle?

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »
What the hell is a dust ruffle?

The thing on the bottom of my bed.

In case you were wondering, I have different lamps now.   :p

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
... And now have a super cool phone which I hate to use, but it looks cool. How soon we forget what it is like to be stuck to the end of a telephone cord.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
Those bed in a bags are getting to be annoying so I've resorted to duvet covers. We have a queen size bed but I happen to like the comforter a little larger, but if I buy the king size bed in a bag that means I get king size of everything else I don't want.
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:12:39 PM »
BEG, why do you have three dart boards on the wall?  :???:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline jukin

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »
... And now have a super cool phone which I hate to use, but it looks cool. How soon we forget what it is like to be stuck to the end of a telephone cord.

A friend of mine bought an old rotary (not that old) so that he can slam it down with a REAL hang up.when pissed off at vendors, employees, and government shits.  Got to admit that it feels a lot better than angrily pushing the red end button on a new phone.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
BEG, why do you have three dart boards on the wall?  :???:

It's not a dart board.  :p They are these metal wall "thingies" that I got at Pier 1 back when we lived in Dallas. They are slightly domed and you can hang them like I have them or flip them over. At night the lamp casts cool shadows on the wall.