Author Topic: There's been a vote-count change in Wisconsin -- Prosser is now in the lead  (Read 2592 times)

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
Uhoh.... Time to PANIC!!!!11!!1!!

Quote from: highplainsdem
highplainsdem  (1000+ posts)          Thu Apr-07-11 03:44 PM
Original message
There's been a vote-count change in Wisconsin -- Prosser is now in the lead   

I hope this is only temporary and other changes give Kloppenburg the lead again.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/119421429.ht...

The latest vote count in the state Supreme Court race in Winnebago County indicates incumbent David Prosser is leading Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg in votes.

A tally compiled by The Associated Press Wednesday and used by news organizations statewide, including the Journal Sentinel, indicated Kloppenburg was leading the race by 204 votes. Figures on Winnebago County's website are now different from those collected by the AP.

Winnebago County's numbers say Prosser received 20,701 votes to Kloppenburg's 18,887. The AP has 19,991 for Prosser to Kloppenburg's 18,421.

The new numbers would give Prosser 244 more votes or a 40-vote lead statewide.

-snip-

Lots of bitching, moaning, and recount demanding going on.. compared to YESTERDAY..

Quote from: malaise
malaise  (1000+ posts)        Thu Apr-07-11 06:40 AM
Original message
JoAnne Kloppenburg's Press conference

check out that first question - that is one fugging hack
If I were in office for 12 years and was beaten by one vote, I would not ask for a recount.

Go JoAnne

Well, that didn't take long to change...

Offline thundley4

Freddie Stubbs (1000+ posts)             Thu Apr-07-11 03:47 PM
Response to Original message
4. There is going to be a recount regardless.The lead may very well switch back and forth several times

before this is over.
Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

HereSince1628   (1000+ posts)             Thu Apr-07-11 03:57 PM
Response to Reply #4
13. Yep. Not to say that we don't need our black-box voting team   

back on duty

At least in Wisconsin there are no longer punch cards. The outcome won't hang on a chad.

OMG!  Does this mean they are going to bring out Zombie Andy?

ETC spelling of zombie. :banghead:

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
I hope the DUmmies will remember that during Gore v. Bush in 2000, at no point during the recount did Albert Gore Jr. lead.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
I hope the DUmmies will remember that during Gore v. Bush in 2000, at no point during the recount did Albert Gore Jr. lead.

Wisconsin hasn't even reached the point of recount yet - these small shifts are the official count figures, vs the quick and dirty unofficial results during election night. normally, these shifts left and right don't matter much, but they do when one considers such a small difference in vote tallies.

Kloppenberg was a fool to declare victory so quickly, and if in the end she loses by a few hundred vs winning by a few hundred, she will look like a clown for doing so.

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
After Tuesday night’s Wisconsin Supreme Court election, a computer error in heavily Republican Waukesha County failed to send election results for the entire City of Brookfield to the Associated Press. The error, revealed today, would give incumbent Supreme Court Justice David Prosser a net 7,381 votes against his challenger, attorney Joanne Kloppenburg.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/264209/breaking-computer-error-gives-prosser-7381-more-votes-almost-certain-victory-christian
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline jukin

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/264209/breaking-computer-error-gives-prosser-7381-more-votes-almost-certain-victory-christian

OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/georgetakeda]

7,381 could just be "democrat fraud" proof. I fully expect a PEU member's car trunk to magically materialize a ballot box that, coincidentally, has 7381 all donk votes.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Duke Nukum

Premature h5 celebration for everyone in this thread! :cheersmate:
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
a +- 7,400 vote change in Prosser's favor would certainly put massive pressure on Klopenberg's premature declaration. Honestly, if this holds up, it will be a career-killer for her.

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
I just grabbed the DU pressure meter and gave it a quick read...

A Great Discombobulation tsunami is coming.... Get your life-jackets and popcorn ready !   :popcorn:

Offline Duke Nukum

a +- 7,400 vote change in Prosser's favor would certainly put massive pressure on Klopenberg's premature declaration. Honestly, if this holds up, it will be a career-killer for her.
She's killed many a person's career/business in her time so no one would be more deserving. But this is Madison/Dane County. It is highly liberal. And liberals always celebrate their failures.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
She's killed many a person's career/business in her time so no one would be more deserving. But this is Madison/Dane County. It is highly liberal. And liberals always celebrate their failures.

That is true - however, assuming she does lose after declaring victory, she will have made them all look like fools - especially the unions. The SEIU don't play that.

Offline Duke Nukum

That is true - however, assuming she does lose after declaring victory, she will have made them all look like fools - especially the unions. The SEIU don't play that.
Do you live around Madison? I'm trying to suss out the Soglin win. I don't understand why, after marching with the unions and cleaning out the city coffers and hand delivering them to the unions, Mayor Dave lost. Especially if this election where a referendum on Scott Walker.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Do you live around Madison? I'm trying to suss out the Soglin win. I don't understand why, after marching with the unions and cleaning out the city coffers and hand delivering them to the unions, Mayor Dave lost. Especially if this election where a referendum on Scott Walker.

No,no Massachusetts. In the heart of Barney Frank territory. That being said, I have a fairly good understanding of union machinations- Whats happening in 'Winsconsin' is a story I have read many times before.

Hell, even our teachers protested cutbacks, and changes in insurance/retirement benefits.. And went to the Massachusetts Republican headquarters to do it.   :rotf:

You know what ? Our state-level elected Republicans can hold a dinner-meeting by pushing a couple of tables together at Chili's... Yet they are gonna cut those teacher's benefits....  :lmao:

Offline Kimberly

Wisconsin hasn't even reached the point of recount yet - these small shifts are the official count figures, vs the quick and dirty unofficial results during election night. normally, these shifts left and right don't matter much, but they do when one considers such a small difference in vote tallies.

Kloppenberg was a fool to declare victory so quickly, and if in the end she loses by a few hundred vs winning by a few hundred, she will look like a clown for doing so.

Have you seen a picture of her? A clown would be a step up.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Read it and weep! from Breitbart:

Should Prosser prevail — and I think he will — I’m more than a little thrilled it happened like this. On election night, the race was already too close for the Left to honestly claim they had won some kind of referendum against Walker, but for them to believe Kloppenburg’s won and to have all that sinister joy and pleasure stripped away by a clerical error — that’s got to be agonizing.

:yahoo:
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Read it and weep! from Breitbart:

:yahoo:

Now THATS Schadenfreude ! I don't want to get caught celebrating yet , but yeah.. If Prosser wins after the Dems "Premature Electelation" it will be tasty indeed. 

Offline redwhit

You know what ? Our state-level elected Republicans can hold a dinner-meeting by pushing a couple of tables together at Chili's... Yet they are gonna cut those teacher's benefits....  :lmao:

And what's even funnier is before the last election, that dinner meeting could be held without pushing anything!   :rotf:

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
All the effort that went into arranging the timely demise of the round red homosexual may be about to pay off. The DUmmies never lost an election when he was on the job...er, no, wait..

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole

It's my understanding that she never had a career to begin with. Nothing more than a partisan trial atty.

Has she ever held a elected position?
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.

Offline Duke Nukum

It's my understanding that she never had a career to begin with. Nothing more than a partisan trial atty.

Has she ever held a elected position?
She is some sort of environmental lawyer with the state's Dept. of Natural Resources (DNR). She persecuted people, driving them out of business. Vicki McKenna had a guy on who's life was ruined by her. He did everything right but she kept going after him until he had to declare bankruptcy. Vicki mentioned in passing that she jailed an 80 year old farmer for not planting some certain variety of grass. I don't really know what that is all about.

She was passed over several times by Jim Doyle and Obama for judgeships.
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
From another thread PeaceNikki believes the results:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x839374#839382

PeaceNikki   (1000+ posts)             Thu Apr-07-11 09:17 PM
Response to Original message
1. Not 7k, stop saying that. It's 14,000 with a net gain of 7.7k for Prosser.   

That was a whole city. If it were blue, I'd want them certified, too. It was confirmed that the 14k was missing from #'s given to media Tuesday.

The claim is that the City of Brookfield's #'s were not in the #'s given to media (mistakenlyomitted from the Access database on her PC). Unofficial #'s. During certification, they caught it yesterday and contacted GAB. Since then, they've been counting and verifying - confirming the gain of 14,314 votes.

My Democratic CD chair spoke to the Democratic rep who was overseeing.

Should it have happened? no
Is the clerk an incompetent asshole? yes
Fraud? Doesn't look that way
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
Guido opens the trunk. :banghead:
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
Guido opens the trunk. :banghead:

Thats the funny part - because of fear of cheating rethuglikkkans, Wisconsin has hand countable paper ballots and an audit trail. If they were going to slip a bunch of ballots in, they needed to do it before the canvassers got to work. The irony is that this +- 7500 vote mistake may have inadvertently derailed a last minute stuffing.

-insert sad-trombone here.  :-)

Offline thelaughingman

Offline Janice

• This election is about paychecks v. food stamps
Excellent news. Its about time a mistake was made in our favor.

:cheersmate:
Reagan bankrupted the Soviet Empire ...

Obama is bankrupting the American Republic