Author Topic: Why was my post on Pvt Manning moved to the 9/11 forum?  (Read 674 times)

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
Why was my post on Pvt Manning moved to the 9/11 forum?
« on: December 26, 2010, 08:52:42 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=125x304471#304479

Better Believe It   (1000+ posts)         
Sun Dec-26-10 01:36 PM
Response to Original message
8. Why was this improperly moved from General Discussion to the 9/11 forum?   

Please move it back to the General Discussion forum.

Thank you.

Dystopian   (1000+ posts)           
Sun Dec-26-10 01:43 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. I can only assume that the link breaks one of the rules.

It's a bit too radical for mainstream DU?
Just a guess...
And thank you for all the posts....

peace~

Sun Dec-26-10 01:44 PM
Response to Reply #9
10. What rule? That's nonsense. The moderator hasn't indicated to me   

that any rule has been broken.

I'm hoping that it's just an innocent mistake that anyone can make and that it will be corrected very soon.

BrklynLiberal   (1000+ posts)             
Sun Dec-26-10 01:45 PM
Response to Reply #10
11. Makes no sense to me....   

Edited on Sun Dec-26-10 01:45 PM by BrklynLiberal
Ask the Admins...

Question waiting to be answered in the ATA forum:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=437x1435

Sun Dec-26-10 01:49 PM
Response to Reply #10
14. I hope you're right.

And hope you get an answer soon.
I know, as of late, some sites are considered too radical, and I thought the link was one of them.
I agree with you 100%
Your post does not belong in this forum!
peace~

EFerrari   (1000+ posts)             
Sun Dec-26-10 01:55 PM
Response to Reply #10
16. Linking to Anti-War, maybe. The author is a director there. n/t

Sun Dec-26-10 01:57 PM
Response to Reply #10
17. Sorry. I was wrong.

I just noted other posts from counterpunch.
So that's not the reason.
Guess there is no rational reason.

peace~

NoPasaran   (1000+ posts)         
Sun Dec-26-10 01:48 PM
Response to Reply #8
13. Maybe because it is totally detached from reality?

Renew Deal   (1000+ posts)             Sun Dec-26-10 01:55 PM
Response to Reply #8
15. Probably because he's a criminal and calling him an "american patriot" is an embarrassment to DU.

Edited on Sun Dec-26-10 02:34 PM by Renew Deal
That's my guess.

Foo Fighter (465 posts)           
Sun Dec-26-10 04:07 PM
Response to Reply #8
23. Maybe because the I/P forum was full? n/t
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: Why was my post on Pvt Manning moved to the 9/11 forum?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 04:13:08 AM »
At least a couple of the DUmb****s "get it."
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:01:51 AM »
Sun Dec-26-10 01:36 PM
8. Why was this improperly moved from General Discussion to the 9/11 forum?   

Because that's where it belongs...with the rest of the CT bullshit.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
Maybe because seein' Dick Cheney hidin' in your closet every night is just a little too NUTZ even for the idiots in GD!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 12:16:15 PM »
Holy chit!  There's some fightin' going on in that thread!

ryan_cats (625 posts)        Sun Dec-26-10 08:18 PM
26. He deserves the Eddie Slovick treatment 
 The government routinely classifies millions of documents every year, not because they reveal vital secrets that threaten our security if they are published, but because those documents expose illegal government activities, lies and gross incompetence. These big government "national security secrets" must not see the light of day, so they remain hidden from the people under the false claim of "national security" .... The economic and political security of government officials that is. You know this how?

And many of these "highly sensitive" documents are being rubber stamped "secret" or "confidential" in clear violation of the Freedom of Information Act! You know this how?

So Pfc. Manning has done absolutely nothing that in any way threatens you or me. You know this how?

The idea that he has somehow hurt us and that he is engaged in espionage or some other terrible criminal activity damaging to this nation and its general population is total bull shit. You know this how?

All progressives should understand that by now! You know this how?

Pfc.Manning is an American hero. He's a traitor, period!

He's not a spy yet he released secret documents, I would say spy is exactly what he is.

He's not a terrorist. Yet he enables terrorist activity with the information he released.

He's not trying to overthrow the government violently nor any other way for that matter. Then what was he doing, earning a merit badge?
He's just a courageous American whistle blower, a soldier trying to get out the truth about government policies to the people. B.S!

And for that the government will try to punish him for the rest of his life, as a warning to other potential whistle blowers. So, exactly who forced him to do this then?
If anything, Manning deserves a Presidential Medal of Freedom for especially meritorious contribution to the national interests of the people of the United States, not solitary confinement! So, you think he's a hero do you? He deserves what we did to traitors for many years, firing squad.

Are you serious, this TRAITOR is a hero? Guess what, when you sign up for the military or are drafted, you agree to certain terms. If you receive any type of security clearance, you need to follow those rules to the letter.

If it was August 5th, would he be a hero if had notified the Japanese?

This guy deserves a long stint at Leavenworth (or death) and you need to understand how diplomacy and governments work. Allow me to explain something; say you're a PFC, guess what? You take orders from people higher than you. You don't get to decide which orders to follow and which ones you don't unless they're clearly illegal orders and there is a process for that. Imagine everyone in every country's military deciding which orders to follow and which ones to blow off. How long before we get two who believe this and they each happen to have a launch key to a missile and decide to launch a nuclear weapon? Then what? Luckily, I believe it takes more that the keys, I believe it takes the launch codes to launch but you know what I'm saying.

Based on just what I've seen you write, you must think America is a horrible country, say I'm wrong and if so, list the things you don't like about this great country.

To be honest, I hope this guy gets the death penalty.

maryf  (1000+ posts)        Sun Dec-26-10 08:55 PM
Response to Reply #26
28. Judge and juror in one little poster...
 shame on you. 

ryan_cats (625 posts)        Mon Dec-27-10 11:07 AM
Response to Reply #28
36. Shame on me but the traitors a hero? Yeah, that makes sense. 
 Shame on you for supporting an America hating traitor. What, are you twelve? Put your money where your mouth is and answer my points. Oh that's right, you can't find anything to support this traitor.

Mark my words, his traitorous activities are going to get people killed if it hasn't happened already. Some hero; your hero.

eomer  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-27-10 11:12 AM
Response to Reply #36
38. The secrecy that allows TPTB to commit atrocities with impunity has gotten a lot of people killed.
 Millions in fact.

ryan_cats (625 posts)        Mon Dec-27-10 11:36 AM
Response to Reply #38
42. Please link to the information, I'd love to read it. 
 Please link to the information, I'd love to read it.

I know it's hard to believe but we didn't kill a million or more Iraqis although any non combatant death is a tragedy and despite the moron who was the CIC, they (the military) did do everything they could to minimize casualties although I could see the shrub saying, "kill em all", let God sort them out.

eomer  (1000+ posts)      Mon Dec-27-10 11:45 AM
Response to Reply #42
44. Nice strawman.
 I didn't say Iraq. I said "atrocities", plural. I didn't even limit it to the US, but if we do and you add up the atrocities they do come to more than a million. You don't seriously dispute that do you?

Viet Nam (Cambodia, Laos)

Korea

Chile

Iraq

Name removed (0 posts)      Sun Dec-26-10 10:11 PM
Response to Reply #26
30. Deleted message
 Message removed by moderator. Click here to review the message board rules.

maryf  (1000+ posts)        Sun Dec-26-10 10:35 PM
Response to Reply #30
31. +1000

ryan_cats (625 posts)        Mon Dec-27-10 11:21 AM
Response to Reply #30
40. One, libel is a typical cowards way out of an argument. Two, you support a traitor. 
 How dare you compare me to Huckabeee. I've never once heard his show and have no idea what he believes but since he's a Thuglican, I doubt he will ever say anything I agree with.

So, why don't you answer the points in my post or are you only capable of libel?

As you missed history class, guess what used to be the penalty for being a traitor?

Pfc. Manning is a true American GI hero and richly deserves the Medal of Freedom. So, the soldiers who risk their lives everyday don't get the medal of honer but a traitor PFC deserves it, man are your values f-edup.

I also alerted the mods due to your cowardly libelous post.

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline txradioguy

• Minister of Propaganda
  • Rule 39
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
ryan_cats isn't long for the DUmp if he keeps making sense like that and knocking down the DUmmies strawmen.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Creator of the largest Fight Club thread ever!

http://conservativecave.com/index.php?topic=83285.0

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »
ryan_cats isn't long for the DUmp if he keeps making sense like that and knocking down the DUmmies strawmen.

Is he one of the "true believers" over there, or is he worth inviting over here?
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline true_blood

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 01:02:56 PM »
I love it when liberalism fights liberalism.
No matter who "wins", it's still a FAIL! :hyper:

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 06:21:47 PM »
I love it when liberalism fights liberalism.
No matter who "wins", it's still a FAIL! :hyper:

DU = The Special Olympics of the democrat party.

Offline Ballygrl

• Lipstick Renegade
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 06:37:13 PM »

:lmao: totally siggy worthy!
"The nation that couldn’t be conquered by foreign enemies has been conquered by its elected officials" odawg Free Republic in reference to the GOP Elites who are no difference than the Democrats

Offline true_blood

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2010, 06:47:12 PM »
That is awesome. H5. :cheersmate:

Offline diesel driver

• Creepy Ass Cracker and Smart-Ass White Boy!
  • Enhancing My Carbon Footprint!
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2010, 07:07:52 PM »
:cheersmate:     :lol:

H5 to you!
Murphy's 3rd Law:  "You can't make anything 'idiot DUmmie proof'.  The world will just create a better idiot DUmmie."

Liberals are like Slinkys.  Basically useless, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Global warming supporters believe that a few hundred million tons of CO2 has more control over our climate than a million mile in diameter, unshielded thermo-nuclear fusion reactor at the middle of the solar system.

"A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy.  Blessed be the peacemakers". - U.S. Marine Corp

You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office.