Author Topic: First Brown Bouncy!  (Read 999 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
First Brown Bouncy!
« on: January 19, 2010, 09:53:24 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7514019

mreilly (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-19-10 10:48 PM
Original message
So I was in a meeting with some wealthy execs today...
 ... who were quietly commenting on the Senate election and how great it would be when Brown won. Keep in mind, these guys all are big wheels at this organization; millionaires or close to it. To me that says it all about Brown's priorities and his base.

News flash to the local yokels who ran out to vote for him: he won't give a shit about you. You lose your job and unemployment is about to run out? Well, tough shit buddy. You have a sick kid the insurance companies won't help? Sorry, sister, not his problem. You can come to his office in Washington to meet him... if he can be bothered with more than a wave or a handshake. You can write him letters of admiration and receive a form letter signed by an intern in response, though.

And what will kill me is years of this shit and then this asshole standing up for re-election pretending he was "there for the people" and "fighting for working families in Massachusetts." And the local yokels who miraculous kept their jobs and didn't see their kids get sick will run out to vote for him again. Because we only learn from our mistakes when our mistakes directly impact us (and when we can't be persuaded that the reality of the mistake is somehow some liberal-spawned issue).

So...it begins

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
Re: First Brown Bouncy!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »
0 bouncys. 0 bongs. DUmbass fail.
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 09:55:04 PM »
Wow that didn't take long.

:loser:

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline kenth

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 10:08:08 PM »

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 10:13:25 PM »
All Millionaires ? Did this primitive look at the election map at boston.com ? Other than the big cities, Coakley won rich Boston suburbs, the outer cape and the islands, and the Berkshires. THe wealthy are Coakley's base.

Offline Mike220

• Proud owner of a
  • Ron Swanson is my hero
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:17 PM »
Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer "extortion." The "X" makes it sound cool. - Bender

"jews run the media" -- CreativeChristie
Woohoo! Bow to me peasants -- Me

Offline bkg

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
I knew a name like Brown would bring out the artists in the Little Goonery Fine Bouncy Society.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 10:31:58 PM »
It is amazing that DUmmy mreilly could get that much information in the few seconds it would take to refill the meeting room coffee urn.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 10:37:56 PM by GOBUCKS »

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:10 PM »
It is amazing that DUmmy mreilly could get that much information in the few seconds it would take to refill the meeting room coffe urn.

When it's been a while since a fix, they tend to shake and spill grinds.

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 11:08:22 PM »
It is amazing that DUmmy mreilly could get that much information in the few seconds it would take to refill the meeting room coffee urn.

:lmao:

Hob knobbing with the rich and telling the poor DUmp monkeys the ways of the millionaire world. 

If you're going to dream, dream big !!!

Offline shadeaux

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 11:51:30 PM »
 :rotf:   :rotf:   :rotf:   :rotf:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7511086

mreilly (1000+ posts)      Tue Jan-19-10 08:33 PM
Original message

Here's something I truly don't understand about the Brown supporters

Edited on Tue Jan-19-10 08:34 PM by mreilly

I live in Massachusetts and many of the people I know who support Brown are doing so for the same old obvious reasons; they care primarily about tax cuts, they're employed in the health care system and are against any change that might impact them or their employers, or they fell for the crap about how the seat is "the people's seat" and giving it to a Republican would somehow "send a message that government spending is too high." It really is no exaggeration to say that the people I know who backed Brown are self-oriented or just fell for talk radio crap. These are the same people that whine endlessly about the "one party rule" on Beacon Hill that consists of Democrats but never bothered to breathe a word of protest against the same one party rule in Washington that aided the Republicans for so many years.

That's the surface level of the support, but further down I truly can't understand why anyone who vote to send a Republican back to Washington.

Didn't we have eight years of the Republican Way, which brought us deficits, unemployment, wars, and a crumbling national infrastructure?

Haven't the Republicans campaigned for DECADES on the usual shit about "fixing the economy" but never doing a single thing other than racing about cutting taxes for billionaires and whimpering piteously about how the poor, poor wealthy have it so tough in this country?

Weren't the American people so sick and tired of the corruption, lies and incompetence from the GOP that they elected Obama President in 2008 to put an end to this cycle?

I know, we can argue that Obama has disappointed some people and thus electing a Republican in this bluest of blue states is somehow representative of people's short memories and demand for instant gratification. But I find it hard to believe that 14 months after having had enough of the GOP and the endless lies, failures, finger-pointing and kiddie bullshit that anyone could wander back into the arms of the Republicans or expect them to do a damned thing other than the same old, same old attitude towards the people: "If you make less than six figures, then **** YOU *******."

My own wife voted for Brown, for reasons I haven't gone into with her because I know it will be pointless and produce an argument. She is somewhat religious and more inclined to oppose "wasteful government spending". But what bothers me is that she cast her vote for a guy who would only be oh-so-happy to send our two boys off to fight overseas if it met his party's interests... and the same guy opposes stem cell research, which I am adamantly in favor of. God forbid my kids should find themselves stricken with a disease that stem cell research might help cure, because Brown is going to stand in the way of that.

Mass marketing and media blitzes, that's the only way Republicans get elected. As I've said time and again, there are only three types of people who should vote Republican: the rich, the racists, and the rabidly religious (and by that I mean those who use religion as a weapon against others, not those who are devout and practice their beliefs in a positive way).

Did he not just bad mouth Mass. Brown voters ?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:53:26 PM by shadeaux »

Offline Oceander

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 12:00:47 AM »
:rotf:   :rotf:   :rotf:   :rotf:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x7511086

Did he not just bad mouth Mass. Brown voters ?

He just bad-mouthed his wife.  He damned well better hope she doesn't go trolling around on DU, or he's going to spend the next eternity sleeping in a very cold, very uncomfortable dog-house.